Lame tattoos

Tinkermommy

<font color=deeppink>Not too exciting but we all c
Full disclosure: I don't have any tattoos nor will I likely ever get one. I think some are beautiful and some seem to have very special meaning to the person.

Then there are some that I think WTH!

I worked with a man (late 30s, project manager at an IT company) and he told a group of us one day he had a tattoo. He got his initials tattooed on his ankle!

I mean he monogrammed himself. What was the point in that one? Even he couldn't really tell us why he got it. :confused3

Anyone else see any tattoos that have you scratching your head?

I saw a guy the other day with our local area code tatooed prominently on his arm, in parentheses. I thought that was unusual. Not "lame" I guess, because tatoos usually have some personal, maybe secret, meaning. But unusual.

I have yet to come up with anything I would want on my body forever. No matter what I think would be cool now I can't imagine sitting around at 80 or 90 and still thinking it was a good idea. I'm not opposed to getting a tattoo but until I think of something I want on me forever I won't be getting one. I do have an idea of one I might get once I run the Roma marathon but even that one isn't definite.

The only ones I think are dumb are the ones in locations that can't be easily covered up when at work or at another formal setting, not matter that they are. Those neck tattoos for example just seem silly to me but it isn't my body so I don't really care. Also, getting your wife/girlfriend's name or initials tattooed on you is kind of dumb considering the likelihood of the relationship not lasting.

I have tattoos and don't regret any of them, however I would NEVER get the name of a boyfriend inked on me. I see it all the time around here and I always think about what the woman is going to do about it after they break up.

I haven't seen any odd tattoos. I am constantly astonished at the beautiful artwork displayed on some people. Amazing! I've always secretly wanted a small Mickey somewhere on my body, but have never followed through. I think I could live with Mickey for the rest of my life!;)

We had a gentleman working at our home, installing a fence. He took off his shirt and he had our hometown name (6 letters) tattooed largely in an arc across his stomach.

Of course maybe he was planning ahead. If he was murdered and dumped out in the desert, they'd be able to figure out where to send the body.

I have 5 nieces in their early twenties. Four have tatoos. Some I find tasteful, one got a pink ribbon in honor of my mom who she was close to, but others not so much. I have had my DDs (15 an 17) promise not to get tatoos in places that cannot be covered up.

I have been married 25 years and I still would not get my husband's name or initials tatooed on me.

I don't like the neck tatoos on young women which have become popular. Probably because I think tatoos should be covered up for formal events or work. Hard to do that with a neck tatoo.

Have you seen the FAILBLOG site on ugliest tattoos? Some are not DIS appropriate, but you can google it. I have to wonder what (or if) some people are thinking.

They all have me scratching my head. Permanent body graffiti I just don't understand. It's all hideous.

I don't like them at all, but to each, their own.

That said, if you were going to have someone put an art piece on your body, why the heck wouldn't you research the artist first?

I've seen some awful tattoos. And I admit I've seen some here on the Disboards of people showing off their work. Some of the Mickeys don't look like Mickey in the slightest. Some have been really good. I'll never say which is which, though!

I guess you can count me in the court of "I don't get it" for those who just walk into any salon and take the first artist available.

I would tattoo the names of my DD and DS on my shoulder, but my DW and I agreed that we don't want to encourage our kids to do the same.

I saw a guy the other day with our local area code tatooed prominently on his arm, in parentheses. I thought that was unusual. Not "lame" I guess, because tatoos usually have some personal, maybe secret, meaning. But unusual.

Interesting. I know in some places one's area code is like a symbol for the area (usually urban) you grew up in.

313 Represent! (hey, I still work there, I can claim it)

Have you seen the FAILBLOG site on ugliest tattoos? Some are not DIS appropriate, but you can google it. I have to wonder what (or if) some people are thinking.

oh my! some of those are hilarious! and some are just disgusting :lmao:

My sister has 5 tattoos. Some of them I "get", some I don't know what the heck she was thinking :laughing:

Oh boy. I have seen some doozies. In our office we had one patient come in with a pair of lips tattooed on her neck, I've seen one with a big black spider on her neck, one with vampire teeth and a little droppling of blood. Those I thought were really weird.

I have seen some nice ones, esp when they are honoring a parent or child who has passed away.

I wanted to get one for my mama when she passed away of a yellow rose on my shoulder....but she HATED tattoos so that really wouldn't have been something she would want me to do.

I always like to hear the stories behind some peoples tattoos.

I haven't seen any odd tattoos. I am constantly astonished at the beautiful artwork displayed on some people. Amazing! I've always secretly wanted a small Mickey somewhere on my body, but have never followed through. I think I could live with Mickey for the rest of my life!;)
So if you could cover it up, would that make it a "Hidden Mickey"?:lmao:

images

images

epic-failure-owned-fail-ink-tattoo-tatoo-my-little-pony-wolv-demotivational-poster-1242396729.jpg

I guess if I WERE going to get a tat, the obvious choice would be Wolverine riding a My Little Pony...

I have one...on my upper outer thigh. Got it last year after years of "designing" it. It holds special meaning to me - about my kids.

I have 3 more ideas coming down the line and then I am done. All will be in spots that are easily covered. I will not get any on my lower legs, arms, head, or ankles.

One will be a tribute to my love of WDW....will show it when it's done

And then one for my dad, who has been gone 11 years, and finally, one that will be the words I live my life by...with a tribute to my kids intertwined.

But I have seen some epic fails. Like my friend's DH who has Pepe Le Pew on his arm. It was done in the Navy and it does NOT look good on a 65 year old (lifelong smoker/drinkers) forearm.

My mom is a nurse and once had a male patient with an eyeball tattooed in a certain spot. He told the nurses it was so he "could see where he was going"! that's definatly a WTH!!!:rotfl2:

Well, if you have your initials tattood on you, atleast you know you will never be a John Doe! I know someone that as a Haz Mat lable tattooed on them. They had never seen one before, and thought it was "cool" Yeah, cool.

Well, if you have your initials tattood on you, atleast you know you will never be a John Doe! I know someone that as a Haz Mat lable tattooed on them. They had never seen one before, and thought it was "cool" Yeah, cool.

Wasn't there a band that used that as their symbol? Biohazard maybe? Friend of ours used to like them I think, I remember him running around with a can cooley with that on it.

No tat's for me, nothing I've found I want on my body forever. Not opposed to them, just nothing that fits for me. My sister has two, one is a faerie that her ex drew up for her. It's actually really beautiful, she has it on her hip. I talked her out of putting it on her calf. She did end up putting her son's name above her ankle though.

Doesn't Charlie Sheen have one on his nether-regions that says something like "back in 20 minutes"? Thought I heard that once on Bob & Tom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter