• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lame Question of the Day - WL & AKL Related

MagicallyDelicious

Mouseketeer
Which resort of the two has better places to sit and enjoy a mid-afternoon cocktail, or an evening glass of wine?

AKL or WL?

I've stayed at the WL many times, but have only visited AKL.

Our upcoming trip will include mostly adults, and we like to head back to the resort for a mid-afternoon break and relax outside, and love to end a great day with a good glass of wine surrounded by unique atmosphere. I'm not looking for bars, but great common space to just hang out.

Our last trip at the Poly provided all of this, but since we're paying for two rooms, it's out. I'm trying recreate some great memories.

My vote is AKL. The bar area off the lobby is just gorgeous, plus the savanna with an outdoor fireplace next door is just a minute walk away!

The WL has a few beautiful nooks and crannies as well, but I definitely give AKL the edge.

mariamouse said:
My vote is AKL. The bar area off the lobby is just gorgeous, plus the savanna with an outdoor fireplace next door is just a minute walk away!

The WL has a few beautiful nooks and crannies as well, but I definitely give AKL the edge.

I agree! AKL has great spots to relax, talk & have a drink

So does the AKL have the alcoves like the WL does?

We're actually booked at the AKL now, but my oldest mentioned that she wouldn't mind staying at the WL again and it got me thinking.

The bar at the AKL is over Boma, right? I remember you having to take steps down to get to it, or am I thinking of something else?

I remember it being open and dark, in a rich wood way.

Another vote for AKL. We've stayed at both 3 times. Whether relaxing inside or out, AKL has many spots to just sit, relax and take in the surroundings, with an adult beverage (as I prefer) or without!

AKL won. Not to say I won't switch it to WL before all is said and done, lol.

I figure a new place to spend time at and explore, is always fun. I did lower my reservation from CL to a pool view room though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter