• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lakeside Publix

Melani

"keep moving forward"
Publix Super Market at Lakeside Village Center
7880 Winter Garden Vineland Rd

Can you get to this grocery store from BLT via:
World Dr. to Center Dr. to Reams Rd.

or is this a restricted area?

And can you get back the same way or do you have to go through the main gates?

It is private property, but don't believe there is a guard anymore. There use to be a guard that would check cast IDs. My husband was a CM and we would frequent the stores back there years ago. The one thing I do remember was that if you come back that way you could not make a left at the light to turn into BLT entrance. We had to drive pass the resort and find a place to turn around then come back. I haven't gone that way in years so this all be old news now.

Last edited:
That's the way I have gone several times. Never encountered a guard or anyone stop and question me.

We drove from Wilderness Lodge to that Publix last year. You can definitely drive there by turning right out of BLT/CR parking lot. Our GPS actually took us the long way around past the Grand Floridian and SOG and into what looked like backstage area behind MK and then past the CM training center and parking lot. We were a little unsure of ourselves and yet no one stopped us. The area the Publix was in is nice and easily accessible.

Our GPS took us back that way (but this time we were smart enough to just drive past CR instead of all the way around the MK) to drive out to Hernando County when we left and we hit the biggest traffic jam caused by people coming and going from the CM area. So, at 7-8pm at night it wasn't bad but at 4 pm I definitely wouldn't recommend going through there.

In other words, avoid that area during "changing of the guard". Does anyone know how the shifts are staggered? I've seen the morning rush hour and the evening exodus. I'm thinking the hours of 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. would be safe? I've been examining map quest and it looks like an easy drive.

Thanks for asking this. We were wondering too. We usually go to Winn Dixie out on Apopka Vineland Rd, but its about 5 mins longer and traffic can be busy at times. We have been back to the area behind MK before with no issue, just never been to the Publix area.

I wish I could remember what time it was when we went to Publix the last trip, there was a ton of traffic so it was definitely a shift change time. Hoping someone knows...I'm pretty sure it was mid-afternoon.

Would this be the best Publix to go if staying at GFV? I usually go to one by Gaylord Palms/Celebration.

Would this be the best Publix to go if staying at GFV? I usually go to one by Gaylord Palms/Celebration.

I would guess that depends on when you plan on shopping. If before checking in, you would probably be passing the one by Gaylord. If going after you check in, the Lakeside one is probably a better bet. I think you can make a right coming out of the GFV....someone else was taken that way by their GPS. Examine the map on mapquest. Also, ask one of the locals when you check in....to make sure it isn't a restricted area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter