• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lake Eve Resort

lsayd

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any information on this property? Expedia has a grand opening rate of $99 for a 2 bdrm condo, $79 for a one bdrm. It has decent ratings on tripadvisor, but would like some other first hand reviews if they are available. Thanks in advance!

Family and I are planning a quick 3 night getaway at the end of this month. Thinking of staying at Lake Eve Resort. If we end up there I'll be sure to post my impressions at the end of the month.

Quick update. Decided to stay for 5 nights, April 5th through the 10th. Took advantage of the Expedia deal, 2 Bedroom Suite, 99.00 per night. I'll definetly post a review in this thread when we get back. Hopefully it turns out good and the Expedia deal is still ongoing after I give the review.

I'll look forward to hearing your review. If it's still available tomorrow when I have time to deal with this I'm going to book a 2 bdrm as well. We only need 2 nights in June before we go to VB. The reviews on Tripadvisor were positive, so that's a good start. I'd just like to have more info, but for that price as long as it's clean I'll be happy!

I was just there and the hotel is brand new...about 1 month old.

The rooms are huge and very upscale. I was in a 2 bedroom and there was 3 LCD tvs, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, huge living room, etc.

Located next to Bluegreen on I-drive.

You will be VERY happy.

Thanks for the review. I'm waiting for our expedia credit card to arrive so we can get an additional $50 off - hopefully the deal is still there when the card arrives this week. Can't beat a 2 bdrm for 2 nights for $150! How was the pool area?

Hi - interested if anyone else has stayed here and has a review... Thinking of booking for a few days the first week in May. Thinking I'm not going to beat new and $99 for a 2 bed....

Where is Lake Eve? Is it close to the airport? or closer to International Drive? or somewhere else?

Maddle

Hi - interested if anyone else has stayed here and has a review... Thinking of booking for a few days the first week in May. Thinking I'm not going to beat new and $99 for a 2 bed....

We stayed Mar 31 to April 7 we had a 3 bdrm unit. Here's the review I posted on tripadvisor.com

"Stayed one week in a 3 bdrm suite on the 13th floor. Accommodations were beautiful! The rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated. There are flat screen TVs in each bedroom as well as the living room. Each living room has a balcony from which the pool and lake can been viewed. The "lake" is more like a large pond but still much better than looking at a parking lot or freeway anyday. The beds were wonderful, linens were lovely. Our unit had a linen closet with extra towels, sheets and blankets. Each unit has a full kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, stove, microwave, dinnerware, flatware, and cookware. Having a washer and dryer at our disposal made it easy to pack light.

Now for the bad, here are some advertised amenities that never materialized:: a kettle, iron, ironing board, robes, clock radios in the bedrooms (master did have an alarm clock), pool bar and kids club activities. Expedia advertises that there is a playground nearby, which is true but it is at another resort which of course is not for public use. I can't fault Lake Eve for that one as their site makes no mention of a playground. If you are staying in a 3 bdrm suite be sure to request that you NOT be placed on the 13th floor. Our balcony had a 4 1/2 foot wall instead of a railing. Our 9 yo daughter couldn't see anyting unless she stood on a chair and leaned over, with us holding her (of course) it gave me heart failure everytime! There are only 2 units like this in the whole place and they are both 3 bdrm units on the 13th floor.

Coffee, shampoo, conditioner, soap, dishwasher detergent, toilet paper seemed to be rationed. We only received more every few days. No extra roll of toilet paper although there was less than a 1/4 left on the roll in the master bath when we arrived. This unit is supposed to sleep 10, I don't understand how they think 2 tiny bottles of shampoo and conditioner could be shared for 3 days. It's a good idea to bring your own.

There is 8 place settings glasses, silverware, dishes. If you have a larger group or don't want to have to do dishes after each meal bring some disposables. Also there is no liquid dish detergent or dish cloth for handwashing so bring your own. They did however provide dry cloths.

My biggest complaint was that the chairs in the dining area had no felt chair pads on the legs. When you slide the chairs out from the tables it makes a loud vibrating noise that travels through the surrounding units. This made it difficult to sleep on more than one occasion. This was the only sound I heard from the other units. LAKE EVE this is a cheap easy problem to fix, please take note.

Aside from the minor issues we had a wonderful time at Lake Eve and would book here again in a hearbeat!"

Now I should clarify that I did once ask for more coffee packs and they delivered some within minutes. I am sure that if I had called front desk to complain about the missing kettle, robes etc. they would have done their best to rectify. I was in a don't sweat the small stuff mood, so I never bothered to ask.

One of the best things about Lake Eve is you get the best of both worlds. You get the space of a villa with the daily housekeeping of a hotel. I stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge in February. We rented a car and I have to say I think staying at Lake Eve only added 5 to 10 minuted to our commute.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to post them or PM me. Hope this helps!

Would anyone know how the pool area is?

The pool is large and was heated while we were there. There is a wading pool for the little ones as well as a hot tub. There are plenty of loungers, chairs and tables. Lake Eve also provides towels in the pool area.

If you are a sun worshipper you might be disappointed. Lake Eve is a U shaped building and the pool is placed in the middle so that the pool is surrounded by a 14 story tall building on three sides. This means that you only get direct sun in the pool area from late morning to early afternoon. We were in the parks etc. during this time so we never actually witnessed it. This didn't bother us at all but others might find this more disappointing.

If you have any more questions you can post them or PM me.

Here's some pictures:

lobby.jpg

The Lobby

kitchen.jpg

The Kitchen

toasterstoveandmicrowave.jpg

Toaster, Stove and Microwave

TheLake.jpg

The Lake

Poolarea.jpg

Pool Area

13thfloorbalcony.jpg

13th Floor Balcony (Please Avoid)

masterbedroom.jpg

Master Bedroom

bedroomwith2queens.jpg

2nd Bedroom with 2 Queen Beds

2ndKingBedroom.jpg

3rd Bedroom with 1 King Bed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter