Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa

We stayed there in november and loved it !! The safe had a removable shelf inside which made it plenty big enough for a laptop,we stayed as a family of 5 in a 3 room unit and found no faults ,yes the units are lived in ,not enough to complain about tho.Any questions or pics wanted just ask
liz

Ok heres some -I think from what we saw all the units look pretty much exactly the same-we had a 3 bed
Oh and we were in building 5 which seems to be the most popular as it is next to the pirate pool ,you can emial them to request a certain building.

FRom the front door ,dining area and living area
Picture090.jpg

master bedroom from doorway-the shower,jacuzzi tub ,toliet and sink area are all to the right of the bed-oh and massive walk in closet with safe ,iron,ironing board and loads of hanging space -and room to put the cases!!
Picture096.jpg

3rd bedroom -these were both double beds
Picture104.jpg

2nd bedroom -this was a huge bed-not sure what its called (as in queen,king?) but it was wide enough for 3 pillows across
Picture107.jpg

The second and 3rd bedrooms had a chest of drawers and walk in closet with hanging space
Hope these help,i'll try to get some more up later ,or poss try and upload a walk through vid on you tube

Is housekeeping included here? We're considering renting a condo or house, but I hate to admit some lazy tendencies, but I hate making the beds while I'm on vacation!

Thanks.

QQ Lizbro!
From building 5 could you get a view of the WDW fireworks?
Staying there for 15 nights in April and would like a suite with a view :thumbsup2

QQ Lizbro!
From building 5 could you get a view of the WDW fireworks?
Staying there for 15 nights in April and would like a suite with a view :thumbsup2

We could see wdw fireworks from the twin room easily! I have a pic somewhere ,i'll try to get it on here.
We def could see fantasmic and wishes

Hi Everyone!

We just returned from a six night stay here and I have to say that I was very impressed. It is a resort in progress. It is only three years old and they have a lot more building planned. There is a lot of undeveloped area which does not make for a beautiful view..... but in a few years I'd love to see it again!
Here is picture of the resort as we approached
DisneyWorldJanuary20102616.jpg

We paid $113 for a Three bedroom 2 bath condo called the Barbados. We were in Building 5 on the 15th floor. The condo was comfortably decorated and furnished. It was not fancy at all but we liked it like that! The couch was big and soft and there was a 37" or 40" flat screen tv in the living room. The tv could be hooked up to a dvd player if you have the composite cables to do it.
DisneyWorldJanuary2010539.jpg

The dining room had a large glass table that can seat 6. The kitchen had very nice appliances including a dishwasher. There were plates, glasses, flatware, toaster, blender and some pots and pans. There was not much space for food in the cupboards however. There also was not a vacuum cleaner in case you would want to bring a dustbuster.... The water did not taste wonderful so we ended up buying bottled water to drink and make coffee.
DisneyWorldJanuary2010543.jpg

DisneyWorldJanuary2010546.jpg

DisneyWorldJanuary2010554.jpg

The master suite had a king sized bed, a 32" flat screen tv (which also could be hooked up to a dvd player), a massive jacuzzi tub, a walk in shower and double sinks. The beds were pretty hard but I have 4 inches of memory foam on my bed at home so it may be just a relative thing. We brought pillows from home but their pillows were puffy and comfortable as well. I also brought extra blankets because of the weather forecast and I'm sure glad we did! There was huge walk-in closet and the was a safe which easily held for laptops and a dvd book. The tub was wonderful but it was hard to fill because we ran out of hot water. This could have been because of the cold weather. The shower was massive but it only had a small soap shelf. We had to keep our shampoo, razors etc on the floor. You might want to bright shower caddy. It had good pressure and lots of space however!
DisneyWorldJanuary2010545.jpg

The second bedroom also had a king sized bed. The tv in that room was a traditional box set. It was never used so I can't tell you what the picture was like. It had a normal sized closet which our friend also didn't use.
DisneyWorldJanuary2010547.jpg

She used the second bathroom. She said the shower had good pressure and plenty of hot water.
DisneyWorldJanuary2010548.jpg

The third bedroom had two full sized beds. Other that that is was just like bedroom number 2.
DisneyWorldJanuary2010549.jpg

One of our favorite parts was actually the laundry. There was a stackable washer and dryer in the closet right outside of the second bathroom. There was a panel loose so it was a little loud but we did laundry every day.

We had asked for a Disney View to see the fireworks at night. From the third bedroom we could see Illumination at a distance. We were in room 9 which was at the end of the hallway so you couldn't see much of Disney from our Balcony. Considering that it was in the 30's and 40's we didn't spend a whole lot of time out there any way. Here is a picture of the view that I took all but hanging over the balcony edge. You can see the Characters in Flight Balloon which orients where Downtown Disney is from the resort.
DisneyWorldJanuary20103107.jpg

The pool was beautiful and we wished that we had been able to use it. It was right outside Building 5. There was a zero entry with mushroom sprayers and of the giant pirate ship! There was a tiki bar next to the pool but it was closed when we were there.
DisneyWorldJanuary2010564.jpg

DisneyWorldJanuary2010562.jpg

There were some crazy people in the hottub in the 30 degree weather
DisneyWorldJanuary2010561.jpg

We wandered over to Building 1 the first night we were there. There was a small fitness center and a decent sized game room. The Pizza Hut Express was in the gift shop. Note to self..........don't buy anything at the gift shop!!!! Run to WalMart (which is just across the street) and save 300%!!!! The wanted $8.99 for a case of bottled water (which only had 12 bottles!).

We parked in parking garage the whole trip. There is not alot of outside parking at all. You can easily walk over to the Lake Buena Vista Outlets if you want to do a little shopping.

Overall it was a really good experience. We opted to not pay for the housekeeping service. We never felt the need to call the resort for any service. Everyone we encountered was really nice however! There were takeout/delivery menus from local places put under our door each day. We ordered from a place called Joe's on the first day. It look almost an hour and a half to get our food and everything was burnt. Not to self...... don't order from Joe's!

I hope this helps. If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask!

Natlalie - thanks for this report. My friends (Miranda's parents) are going in Dec with 5 adults, 1 child and we are 2 adults. Is there a sofa bed in the LR. Could we fit 7 adults and 1 child in a 3 BR for 1 night? We are staying DVC starting on a Sunday, but coming in on a Sat so we needed a place for 1 night. We were thinking of Buena Vista suites as between the two rooms we could fit everyone. The cost of those rooms are $99 (includes everything) per night. Glad you had a good visit. Penny:goodvibes

Natlalie - thanks for this report. My friends (Miranda's parents) are going in Dec with 5 adults, 1 child and we are 2 adults. Is there a sofa bed in the LR. Could we fit 7 adults and 1 child in a 3 BR for 1 night? We are staying DVC starting on a Sunday, but coming in on a Sat so we needed a place for 1 night. We were thinking of Buena Vista suites as between the two rooms we could fit everyone. The cost of those rooms are $99 (includes everything) per night. Glad you had a good visit. Penny:goodvibes

Hi Penny!!!!
Two of the bedrooms had Kings and the third had two fulls. The sofa pulled out to a queen. Depending on the sleeping arrangements it seems like there would be plenty of space!!!

Thanks, I am throwing this one in the mix. Boy trips get confusing. LOL thank you, Penny

Looking for some input on condition of furniture etc.

Last year we stayed at ighthouse Key Resort and everything was nice. I want to be sure that this is at least equal in quality. One poster said the furniture was cheap- anyone agree?

Also, did anyone pay the extra $20 a night for the guaranteed fireworks view?

Did you request a specific building/view?

Would love any input to assist us in making a decision. (3 bed/3bath unit)
Thanks!

I know this is an older thread but I was wondering if anyone had anything more upto date to say. We came across this resort today and it doesn't sound too bad.

We stayed Nov 2010 after our cruise and would NEVER stay there again. DH grabbed a "clean" towel after his shower and discovered after unfolding the towel and drying his face that there was fecal matter on the towel :scared1: He had to take another shower. We took the towel down to the front desk and was told the manager would call us. He called DH and explained they had a little problem with rust in the laundry. DH asked him if he looked at the towel, he kinda him-hawed a little then said no. DH told him he needed to LOOK cause that sure wasn't rust. ;) The only other problem we had was we were in bldg one and it was difficult finding a place to park. I got this resort on Priceline but we would definitely never stay again. We now laugh about it and call this the poo on the towel resort :rotfl:

Thanks guys. Interesting thoughts. I found some other reviews online after posting this and they seem mixed although the majority are good. The towel thing is a bit scary Sinderelly. Hopefully just a one of????? You wouldn't want to think it happened often.
Dadschum, your review incidates you were pretty happy with it. I think it would suit our needs. There are us - DH, Me, DD's 7 and 9 - and also my Mum. Most of the other places I've looked at are 2 bedroom and I love the idea of the 3 bedrooms.
We were thinking of going beack to Windsor Hills where we have stayed the last two trips in a pool home. But I love the idea of the big themed pool where the kids will have other kids to play with as well as the restaurants onsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter