Lady in the lobby of the GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmclester

Disney Deddy
I hope this thread is appropriate but I have to ask.

Just came back from 4 days at the GF and twice in the afternoon I saw an elderly lady with a blond wig sitting in the lobby (first time upstairs and second time downstairs). She had what looked like a few bags of personal items with her. She sat quietly and listened to the piano music for several hours. I got two similar but different stories from a store clerk and a bellman but I wondered if anyone has the real story on this curious visitor to the GF lobby.

:confused:

The store clerk said she's pretty sure she is an ex-movie star that comes around every day just to listen to the piano. She says her husband comes over with her and they live in the area. I asked her if anyone ever talks to her and she said "oh no, we just let her enjoy the music". She said she has a special "complimentary" pass to visit every day.

The bellman says he has seen her on occasion and really doesn't know what her story is. He did mention the bags of "toys" that she carries around and sets up on the coffee table while she is listening. He says anyone can visit the hotel anytime without a pass.

I saw at least three different people sitting and talking to her at times and one of them was a bellman.

To be quite honest I mistook her for an animatronic figure but I know that I was mistaken about that.

Sounds as though she may be homeless or mentally ill. Assuming she is harmless and not like the Schumacher’s from Dirty Dancing :rolleyes1, I think it is gracious for them to allow her to enjoy her years in peace in all that opulence. It may satisfy a delusion she has. Sad really, but then this is all an assumption.

oooo This is very interesting. I wonder if there are any cast memebers that visit the board who know or who could ask on the cast member board.
I would love to know also.

I flirted with the homeless idea too but there was a man with her the second time I saw her downstairs (the store clerk said he is her husband) who was middle aged, dressed a little sloppy (for the GF lobby you know) and he was reading a newspaper and paused every now and then to converse with her.

She was sitting down with what looked like a rolled up quilt or comforter in her lap with her hands crossed, patting one hand with the music and nodding her head slowly with the music (hence the animatronic comment that I made previously).

Both GF employees agree that she lives in the area but they must have a car or otherwise call a cab to get that deep into WDW.

Sounds like a lovely and inexpensive way to spend an afternoon if you live in the area.

If this women is not bothering anyone or anything than why don't you just leave her alone. It seems as though she just goes there to enjoy the music & be in a happy & safe enviroment. You would not want to destroy something that may be very fragile.

I flirted with the homeless idea too but there was a man with her the second time I saw her downstairs (the store clerk said he is her husband) who was middle aged, dressed a little sloppy (for the GF lobby you know) and he was reading a newspaper and paused every now and then to converse with her.

She was sitting down with what looked like a rolled up quilt or comforter in her lap with her hands crossed, patting one hand with the music and nodding her head slowly with the music (hence the animatronic comment that I made previously).

Both GF employees agree that she lives in the area but they must have a car or otherwise call a cab to get that deep into WDW.

:idea: Maybe she has alzheimer's and he is letting her live her fantasy...with the permission of the GF?
OR she is a "secret shopper!" :goodvibes

If this women is not bothering anyone or anything than why don't you just leave her alone. It seems as though she just goes there to enjoy the music & be in a happy & safe enviroment. You would not want to destroy something that may be very fragile.

Whoa nelly, leave her alone? I didn't bother her in the least. I am just curious as to whether there is an interesting story that goes with her. Is she a movie star from the 1930's?

I don't think anyone is trying to do that.

Whatever her story, bless disney employees for allowing her to come and quietly enjoy her music:)

I was not trying to say that you bothered her nor was I trying to insult you. All I meant was that if too many people start asking questions about her management might find her to be to much of a distraction or inconvenience & might not let her stay.

If she does have Alzheimers ( and this is what I thought), how wonderful of her family to let her do what is peaceful to her. I just attended the annual Alzheimers conference. The thought of this idea brings tears to my eyes. How sweet!!!! :love:

Welcome to the DIS.:grouphug:

I agree with you.

I've seen this lady several times after a CM pointed her out to me. I know jmclester was just curious but I'm with you and others. God bless her whatever her story and may she continue to enjoy the music and beautiful lobby.:angel:

I really hope this thread dies a quick death.

Welcome to the DIS.:grouphug:

I agree with you.

I've seen this lady several times after a CM pointed her out to me. I know jmclester was just curious but I'm with you and others. God bless her whatever her story and may she continue to enjoy the music and beautiful lobby.:angel:

I really hope this thread dies a quick death.

Being the OP I respectfully request that this thread be closed.

All, have a nice day!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter