LADIES: what is your typical WDW outfit, hair, and makeup look?

so i wonder if you are like me when going to disney world or if not what do you do to look cute for pics that you'll have forever while staying comfy at the same time?

Well, if I didn't think I looked vaguely cute without more than mascara, and in comfy clothes, I wouldn't wear it at home or Disney. :)

Long curly hair so it's in a ponytail or braid or french braid or bun. Sunscreen, no face makeup. Maybe mascara unless we're at Universal and I'm going on a waterride or two. Chapstick. Comfy clothes, going more towards running clothes because I cannot stand my cotton shorts getting all sweaty, etc.

Good point on the sunglasses. Then I guess I should add that I'm usually wearing a Poncho since we go in August lol :rotfl: Nothing like wearing a poncho with that heat and humidity. Sometimes I think I'd rather get soaked by those afternoon rainstorms. :faint:

Consider getting a good, reusable poncho if you don't have one. We use a poncho from ricksteves.com and while it's not cool and breezy, it's not plastic.

I wear shorts (not athletic shorts) with a lightweight, cute tank top. Hair goes in a pony tail or braid. I always get compliments when I braid my hair and it's nothing fancy. Just a single boring braid in the back or one behind either ear. I can't french braid, so it's REALLY simple. And I've always loved my hair braided. I could do it on the monorail if I didn't have time before we left.

And sunglasses. And tennis shoes.

Ask around of your girlfriends; someone might be able to teach you. Knowing how to do a french braid in your hair is fun and impresses people. :) It's the one thing I learned during my time in a really lackadaisical Girl Scout troop, LOL.

Typically basketball shorts... Or the like (mesh, light weight), a band T-shirt, and sandals. Hair is usually in.pigtails.... I don't like how I look in a pony tail. Just some powder, mascara, and ChapStick. Good to go..

I'm a major girly girl...so I do wear makeup every day.

I have long hair that I usually blow out and straighten everyday but that's usually pretty worthless at Disney so I'm actually practicing easy styles now so I'm not thinking about it while I'm there.

I generally wear shorts and cute shirts (disney and non Disney ). On my feet I wear either croc flats or sketchers go walks. I just ordered a pair of Teva sandals for my May trip ...super cute!
Also this time around I'm toying with the idea of sundresses but most of mine at maxi dresses and I'm thinking it will be too hot in May for those.

But I will say I generally wear nice jewelry. Not expensive jewels by any means....(I leave that at home) but pretty jewels that I wouldn't be super upset of I lost (which I've yet to lose anything ) .
I think it just dressed me up just enough to look a little more dressy and a little less 'theme park mom'.

Shorts and tanks or t-shirts with cute sneakers during hot weather.
Jeans and t-shirt with hoodie and cute sneakers during cold weather.

Generally speaking- I might wear sandals if I won't be in the park for more than a couple hours, like in the evening. I might even wear a sundress if going to dinner, etc.

Make-up and hair-wise, I usually wear my hair in a bun in hot weather. I just cut it to the point that it won't be an option anymore, but I tend to grow it out in the summer so I can put it back up. For make-up, I wear a basic powder/concealer, maybe mascara, lip gloss.

Comfy clothes, shorts/capris, tshirt, no-makeup (I don't wear it in real life either), tenners, hipster purse... hair down for about 1 hour, then up in a bun or pony tail...

Makeup?? I don't wear it at home so not wearing on vacation. Sun screen, shorts or capris, tee-shirts etc. Sneakers or my crocs.

Sun glasses are a year round must for me, every where I go. Gotta protect the eyes fro the sun.

For me light makeup, powder,bronze,mascara,little blush., sunscreen
My hair, well there is not hope for my thin, frizzy, curly hair so I just usually use a frizzi serum and pray for the best :rotfl:
usually ends up in a bun half way through the day.
Clothing is shorts, t-shirts and sneakers, gowalk.

i was thinking of gathering some hair from the sides and pulling that into a half ponytail.
i hope that will keep my baby fine frizzy hair from being able to puff out of control while still having cute hair for pics.

I typically have really long, thick, frizzy, wavy hair, so the last time we went to Disney I would french braid tightly from the top down the side of my head and gather the rest into a tight low bun. It held perfectly all day and looked somewhat decent for pics!

I would wear light makeup, just because I always do my makeup and it's such a normal part of my morning routine that it's not a big deal! I also bought some eyeshadow while I was there and wore it some just to be fun :)

I would wear shorts, bermuda shorts, or workout capris (those tight black legging-type pants!) with a loose-fitting tshirt on most days. I usually wear my chacos on a daily basis (those awesome strappy-sandals) but after the first day at Disney I decided my feet couldn't take it! so I wore my tennis shoes from then on (which I don't think look great with shorts but I didn't care after that first day!)

My Disney outfit last time was the same as my regular summer outfit: skirt, t shirt, Teva mush flips, hair in a pony or inverted pony, makeup and sunglasses.

I do wear a petti-pants style slip under the skirt or wear an athletic skirt with the built in shorts. I think I wore exercise capris to AK because of KRR.

I don't like shorts, so I wear mostly skirts in the summer. I don't even own a pair of shorts.

I go in early September, when it is super hot. I wear a lululemon pacesetter skort with a tank top, hair in a ponytail, nikes, and some makeup (eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss). I'll wear a little more makeup if we're going out that night, but not much.

I am all about comfort! Jeans, t-shirt, comfortable tennis shoes and a backpack. No makeup, hair pulled back. Im not trying to win any fashion shows, I just want to be comfortable.

=)

Hi y'all! I'm planning our AP purchase/vacation so I'm super excited to think about what I'll be wearing too! We live about an hour from Orlando, so we use our passes pretty often (just been on a 2 year AP hiatus).

I am most comfy in shorts but wear capris or leggings in super cold weather. I usually stick to plain t-shirts and a long necklace, nothing exciting! But Torrid has some cute Disney shirts I'm getting for our trip. And I have terrible foot pain so I have to wear something comfy like SAS sandals (yes, they actually have a stylish pair!) or lately I have Vionic by Orthoheel which have a fabulous arch, or even some Reefs are good enough for the parks. A little bronzer and mascara with a some lip gloss for my make up and I (unsuccessfully) try to make my long curly hair look tamed but it usually ends up in a messy bun!

But Torrid has some cute Disney shirts I'm getting for our trip. !

i just bought 4 disney dresses from torrid.
they are adorable!
i got the ariel one, the belle one, the red minnie mouse one, and the black and white striped one with mickey and minnie and it looks like the $200+ dooney and burke disney parks bag.
i'm determined to wear a couple of them on my trip even though i prefer to wear sneakers vs sandals.
i like the grasshopper brand of sandal but its still not nearly as comfy has my sneakers.

i always go for comfort but then i was running around the parks. Now i've done all the rides i had to do so i'm taking the parks at a slower pace. i've had the luxury of visiting WDW every year so now i just slowly do each park.

in previous years i've worn cargo shorts, tank top, trainers and my hair would be down or pushed back with a headband to keep it our of my eyes.

This time i'm planning on wearing some strapless dresses (so i get a nice tan). i'd wear my dresses for food and wine festival in the fall with lycra shorts underneath and my Mickey croc sandals. as i'm not rushing around and plan to sit and relax more at each country i don't have to worry about my feet too much. i'd still wear cargo shorts or jersy shorts with trainers for MK due to its size but i try to go most days without a bag. i hate going through bag check and i always carry too much 'just in case'.

out of curiosity, does Torrid deliver to the UK? they do have some lovely items that we just don't get over here!

I usually try to wear capris or cropped pants that are moisture wicking and made of material made for hot weather. I'll wear heat gear shirts as well. If I'm spending the entire day out in the sun, I try to have as much skin covered as possible to avoid a burn.

I wear Keane sandals most of the time.

I usually wear my hair with some frizz tamer and let it go curly. I wear sunscreen, and some light blush and waterproof mascara.

I add an extra layer of face sunscreen on top of my regular moisterizer. My typical park gear is cotton blend shorts or capris with a short sleeve shirt. I buy a lot of my park attire from Lands End. I put on my regular makeup. I style my hair using my normal blow drying routine, but I'll admit my hair style doesn't last too long in the Florida humidity. I try to do photos first thing!

for hair, it's usually in a pony or half pony, and I wear Minnie ears everywhere, so those on top. I don't fuss with hair.

Clothes and makeup usually depends on the weather. I like to wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis so if it's not too hot, I'll do the same at WDW. (Foundation, powder, bronzer blush, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, and then whatever lipgloss I have lying around). Actually at the parks, I usually skip mascara because I find it smears on my face throughout the day -- even waterproof!

If it's really hot though, I'll just use some tinted Chapstick with SPF, and a tinted moisturizer with SPF on my face and call it a day. I don't bother much with makeup if it's all going to sweat off anyway and my complexion isn't too bad where I feel insecure with no makeup.

Then for clothes, I usually go in the winter, so I'll wear jeans, jackets, usually some kind of sweater top or in case it's warm, a light/sheer top that I can just throw a jacket over of it gets cold.

I haven't figured out my summer clothes. I am most comfortable wearing jeans everywhere but it's just too hot during the summer months. I don't like wearing skirts or dresses to the parks and I don't wear shorts in general. :( :( :(

Hair: one low side pony, two low pigtails, or straight with barrettes (my hair is long and straight and does not frizz at all).

Make-up: BB cream with SPF, waterproof mascara and lip gloss (pretty much the same as at home)

Clothes: shorts with cute tops or Disney T's, maybe jeans or yoga pants if it is colder

Shoes: Alternate between athletic sandals (like Tevas) and walking shoes (like Sketchers or Nikes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter