LADIES: what is your typical WDW outfit, hair, and makeup look?

disney world dreamer

DIS Veteran
i'm always that "tourist" looking person at disney world with shorts, a t-shirt, sneakers, a hat, hair in a ponytail, no makeup, carrying a drawstring backpack.

in everyday life i don't wear makeup so that doesn't particularly bother me but i just feel like i can't look cute for pics while trying to be comfy for all day everyday in the parks.

like if i wear my hair down it just gets all frizzy and oily looking.
and if i wear sandals for more than a day my feet are killing me.

so i wonder if you are like me when going to disney world or if not what do you do to look cute for pics that you'll have forever while staying comfy at the same time?

i'm always that "tourist" looking person at disney world with shorts, a t-shirt, sneakers, a hat, hair in a ponytail, no makeup, carrying a drawstring backpack.

in everyday live i don't wear makeup so that doesn't particularly bother me but i just feel like i can't look cute for pics while trying to be comfy for all day everyday in the parks.

like if i wear my hair down it just gets all frizzy and oily looking.
and if i wear sandals for more than a day my feet are killing me.

so i wonder if you are like me when going to disney world or if not what do you do to look cute for pics that you'll have forever while staying comfy at the same time?

I'm like you - I dress for comfort and don't wear makeup. I console myself with the thought that when I look back on photos of myself at 20, I think I look pretty good even if I thought the photos were terrible at the time. So I'm guessing when I'm 60, I'll look back at photos of myself at Disney now, and think I look pretty good too :)

I'd rather focus on having a good time than on how good I'm going to look in pictures anyway - and I'm not going to be having a good time if my hair is all sticky on my neck, or my face feels gross, or my feet hurt.

I do chino style shorts in various colors, solid color tee (scoop neck or boat neck Merona from Target), and then Sperrys or Melindi Crocs (mary jane style) in various colors. I used to wear athletic shorts, graphic tee, and tennis shoes and never liked how I looked in pics. i am just as comfortable as I was but I feel like I look more pulled together.
I wear a little makeup (bareminerals has spf in it) and typically have my hair in a pony tail.
For accessories I always wear stud earrrings and sometimes a cotton infinity scarf.

Golfing skorts or any athletic skorts can be great for this. They are moisture wicking and come in various styles and colours. Throw on a solid tee in a complimentary colour or a patterned tee with the colour of the skort in it and you'll be just as comfortable but feel a lot more put together.

I wore a side pony a lot last trip, I felt it gave me a cuter look than just a regular pony. I also wore sun dresses a few times with some super comfy flip flops.

Lululemon black wunderunder crops with some sort of tank top and either my black lululemon hoodie or my cheshire cat hoodie and also my favorite reef flip flops! Very comfy, easy to move in and cute too! Hair always goes into a high ponytail so it's out of my face, and I wear sunscreen, a little cream blush, lip balm and a bit of mascara (but really that's all I ever wear for makeup, so nothing new there! lol). Easy peasy! ;)

Capris, Disney-themed T shirt, flip flops. I do wear makeup because I look hideous without it. Hair down or with the front clipped back. It's just above my shoulders and I either flat iron it or let it go curly (either way, anti-frizz serum is a must!). As far as accessories, stud earrings & my Mickey ears necklace. Depending on the forecast, I'll tie a sweatshirt around my waist for later. My 'park look' is pretty much based on DLR in California so I don't worry about humidity or sudden showers. I may have to throw a poncho in my backpack for WDW.

I don't worry too much about looking like a supermodel (HA, as if!) in the pictures. I may not look glamorous, but I always look happy and that's the main thing.

Sundress or shorts and a cute tank top

High sloppy bun, no make up

15 year old Tevas

*I never wear make up and it is too hot to be bothered with my hair when we go. For my feet, comfort wins over style. I have actually found cotton sundresses to be the coolest option, plus they look good in pics.

Shorts and tee shirt. If it is cool I have capris. This year I have Skecher Gowalks instead of my usual sneakers. Because we go in February and we live in MA it is a treat to wear shorts!

I have a Mickey sweatshirt that I wear throughout the trip too.

My hair is short so a quick blow dry and style and I am done. Light makeup just to feel a little put together.

My hair is shoulder length, so I'll go with pulling the front/top back or just a ponytail. Being cold-natured, I don't wear shorts, so I'll do comfy jeans or (my favorite) cute cotton capris. New Balance tennis shoes are a must, though! Shirts vary--long sleeve cotton if cooler or nicer solid color or Disney shirt. Makeup starts with sunscreen and varies on the park plan for that day.

Last visit I wore my long hair to the side, either plaited or fishtailed, foundation mixed with sun cream for protection and lip cell.

clothes were 1/4 length trousers, with pretty short sleeved cotton tops and crocs. all comfy and practical.

this year(as I have lost lots of weight) I'm thinking just above the knee shorts with cotton/light material tops/blouses. Not sure about the shoes as yet.

make-up the same. but I have had my long dark hair cut into a bob and dyed blonde ! I think I must be having a mid life crisis :lmao: if you can call 48 mid life ;)

cal:)

I actually grew my bangs out before my last trip because I was tired of how awful my hair always looked on vacation! Super thick wavy hair doesn't agree with humidity. So like many of you, I wear my hair in a pony. I do flat iron and style it, but I can get several days out of it. Sometimes I'll wear it down at night if it's cool out. I'm not super girly but I do obsess with my hair a bit- but more so mainly because it has a mind of its own. For makeup I always wear tinted moisturizer (love Laura Mercier) for SPF, lip balm with SPF as well, and mascara. I dress mostly for comfort in the parks depending on the weather- tees and shorts/capris.

I'm not one to get all dolled up on an everyday basis anyways, so I just wear my normal summer wardrobe. I like to wear sundresses with shorts underneath to prevent chaffing (sorry if TMI ;) ). I only wear lip gloss at the most, but that's my normal beauty routine, I'm not a makeup wearer.

I also usually wear my all-white tennis shoes, they match everything and look cute enough while being comfortable.

As for my hair, I have very frizzy hair and it's HOT when we go, so I almost never wear it down, it would be a disaster. I actually usually go with pigtails, which is not something I normally do, but I think it's a cute vacation hairstyle ;)

I care to a certain degree in that I don't want to look back at pics and cringe, but I also know I'm on vacation, it's hot, we're active and I'm not going to be a supermodel in the parks. I try to just forget it all and enjoy being there.

Shorts, cute form fitting tops, Nike flip flops ( they're so comfy), hair down, no makeup because it's too hot for that.

I see no one mentioned sunglasses. As some of you mentioned not wearing makeup and worrying about how it looked in photos, sunglasses are a great way to hide your non-makeupped eyes lol! Because of course it will be bright sunshine, no rain for all of our trips!

I wear what I always wear through summer at home. Shorts, long tank top and sneakers. I never wear make up home or at disney. And I French braid my hair. Simple simple. I always think of the pictures too but I'd rather be comfortable.

My routine is the same at WDW as it is at home.

Makeup: Trish McEvoy Beauty Balm, NARS Sheer foundation, Physician's Formula nude blush palette, and eyeshadow, all set with MUFE HD Microfinish powder.

Hair: I have frizzy hair and get a Brazilian Blowout every 5-6 months. It eliminates the frizz so I'm able to either straighten my hair or pull it up and go.

Clothes: My outfits usually consist of a top from Loft or The Limited, denim capris, and flip flops. I usually throw a cardigan in my bag too as I often get cold in the restaurants.

At Disney, my style is typically "I'm on vacation, deal with it". :rotfl2: I bring one nice outfit in-case we do a fancy restaurant, but that's about it.

It depends on what park we are going to, the time of day, the weather, and if we are taking pictures or not. I'm very critical of my photopass shots, I pay a lot of money for them, I want them to look good.

I also always spray tan before we leave, and re-apply at least once while we are there, because I don't want Snow White's legs walking around in my shorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter