Ladies... what bag do you carry in the parks?

I wear a Lug Sidekick to the parks. It has some great compartments and is small enough to wear on all rides. You can wear it over your shoulder or around your waist (fanny pack style -- I've never worn it that way). The strap is "cushy" and does not hurt at all. My fav part is that there is a water bottle holder tat folds in when you are not using it.

http://www.lugtravel.com/product/SIDE-KICK/SIDEKICK__SideKick_Excursion_Pack.html

I love this one, might have to get it!

I think anyone overlooking the awesome LeSportSac bag is missing out!!

Lightweight and tons of options. I found a solid red one at TJMaxx in 2006. I use it at Disney every time. It's perfect and holds so much without being bulky and heavy. I loosen the straps to make it a cross-body.

If you don't like that style, there are so many more to choose from. I also have their large weekender bag in funky pattern, and I get compliments all the time in airports! lol

http://www.lesportsac.com/store/7507_5205.html

I have a bag exactly like this one, except it has Mickey heads and "Walt Disney World" as the pattern. It does not say LeSportsac anywhere on it, but it is exactly like the other LeSportsac bags I have. Oh, and the zipper pulls are Mickey heads.

I love this one, might have to get it!

I found a pic of me wearing it this past July. I'm wearing it a bit high. I usually make the strap a bit longer. Sometimes I wear it to the front like this, but other times you can wear it to the back too. I carried my point and shoot, sunglasses, kleenix, and wallet. It has a lot of compartments and a great zippered compartment for fast passes. It's great!

5450_109126973001_516083001_2194099.jpg

For the next trip, I have already purchased the Overland Luna, since I will have kids along and may need a little more room - ponchos and stuff.
Of course now I need to go look at the Overland Donner Equipment Placer bag, thank you very much.
ETA: phew! The Placer looks like the Donner without the water bottle holders, so I'm relieved I don't need to buy one.

The Overland Donner Equipment Placer is quite a bit smaller than the regular Overland Donner Equipment. I don't like the regular either, but love the Placer.

I found a pic of me wearing it this past July. I'm wearing it a bit high. I usually make the strap a bit longer. Sometimes I wear it to the front like this, but other times you can wear it to the back too. I carried my point and shoot, sunglasses, kleenix, and wallet. It has a lot of compartments and a great zippered compartment for fast passes. It's great!

5450_109126973001_516083001_2194099.jpg

Thanks for this pic! I just ordered one. FYI if you go to EBags through UPromise there are a few good deals. 10% off + free ship or 25% off one item (no free ship) - and some others.:thumbsup2

I don't like the regular Donner Overland Equipment bag. It's too big, but I love the smaller Overland Donner Equipment Placer bag. They are usually $35.00-$38.00, but ebags has them on sale now for $19.99. They are perfect if you don't carry alot of stuff to the parks.

http://www.ebags.com/overland_equipment/placer_shoulder_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=109694
Great tip! I agree, the Overland Equipment is big. Just ordered the Placer from this site for $17.99. :thumbsup2

http://www.greatstyledeals.com/bags/overland_donner?SID=GOS&CID=SBBAG4807634e8756630e

None! If it doesn't fit in a pocket, it doesn' come to the parks! We are a back free, hands free, fanny free family!

I don't carry a bag. That way I can walk though the No bags line and get to the park a lot faster.

If I were carrying a bag it would be one that the security guards can go through quickly.:thumbsup2

Just got back on Saturday. In the parks I carried the baggellini bag which is small enough to be comfortable, but roomy enough to carry everything that I needed (I was traveling with 3 kids and DH). In the evenings when we went to Downtown Disney, I carried a Vera Bradley hipster.
Both worked out extremely well.

i keep going back and forth on buying a new bag. lol

ebags sent me a catalog in the mail today with a coupon. they're having a one-day sale today. i mean.. something is telling me to buy. ti want to try that overland bag, but the one i want isn't on sale. hmmm.

I don't need to carry a full sized back pack anymore because my kids are teens and I really don't like the look of fanny packs. So I need some ideas... I need to carry my smallish camera and essentials so nothing huge. But definitely want something cute and comfy.... any suggestions?

:wave:

Can you get away without a bag? Maybe some cargo pants or a hoodie with pockets?

I'm telling you, I went sans bag this summer and it's great not having to go through the security lines. Now it's a lot busier so that may not be an advantage but I had my small camera on a strap and a tube of lip gloss in my pockets. Tickets & 1 credit card were in a small lanyard plastic case, I picked up my first day there.

Loved not having a bag.

I carry a diaper bag!! LOL! Once each trip though when granma comes, my husband and I go out alone, only bringing the youngest if he/she is nursing. If its just us, I don't take a bag at all. I don't require much, maybe a pair of sunglasses, but my husband can keep them in a shirt pocket. We know our way around each park, so we don't need maps. Any "girl" stuff I put in my pocket.

I have a bag exactly like this one, except it has Mickey heads and "Walt Disney World" as the pattern. It does not say LeSportsac anywhere on it, but it is exactly like the other LeSportsac bags I have. Oh, and the zipper pulls are Mickey heads.

Where did you find the one with Mickey on it?

I carried a LeSportsac (would LOVE the one with Mickey heads!) on our 10 day - great because it had so many compartments and just kept growing! Full size sunscreen, two ponchos, sunglass case, glasses & contact case, wallet, phone, and room for more. However, security lines took FORever with all the zippers. This trip I may try the new Disney/Dooney bag I ordered - one big open compartment will hold my sunglass case, glasses, wallet, phone & a sweatshirt easy. DH carries camera bag with his wallet and poncho inside. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Regardless, this next trip will be a Disney bag.

Thanks for this pic! I just ordered one. FYI if you go to EBags through UPromise there are a few good deals. 10% off + free ship or 25% off one item (no free ship) - and some others.:thumbsup2

Couldn't decide :confused3 between the Lug and a smaller Baggallini so I bought both and will return the one that doesn't work best for me...really I'll return one. :rolleyes1

I carry a Vera Bradley backpack while my dh carries a camo full size backpack. I usually pack my wallet, purell, wipes, camera, fruit snacks. I keep a ziploc with extra wipes, diapers, and diaper cream under the stroller so I don't have to lug it around in my bag. I just grab n go when we need a diaper change! It is nice to have a backpack with young kids. Makes it easier to hold them on rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter