Ladies...need bag suggestions please!!

You’ll find some nice toiletry kits by Tumi, Boyt, Victorinox, and Briggs and Riley, although I personally found Tumi a bit too pricey. Briggs and Riley toiletry bags are nice and not too expensive. In fact, I was browsing through their website and noticed that some of them are on sale right now!

For our trip last year, I bought the Heys Travelmate and I loved it. The only two issues I had were 1) It ruined almost every one of my shirts where the strap laid across my chest from pilling. 2) After a few uses the water bottle holder stretched out a bit and full bottles would fall out as I walked. Once I drank a bit, they stayed in. Other than that I liked it quite a bit. But the pilling of brand new shirts was kind of a deal breaker for this upcoming May trip. On Thursday, my new bag the Piazza Day Bag will get here. Got it from Ebags and it had really good reviews. I'll have to review it and maybe post some photos. I'm hoping it won't cause the pilling like the Heys.

I used to have a small Travelon bag (bought from QVC, but I've seen them showing up at TJMaxx recently). My complaint with it was that the one compartment had a (weak) magnetic closure and it would flop open a lot. This also happened to be the part where my cell phone would be, and I was very worried about losing it.

More recently, and now that we have kids, we have moved to the backpack. We just bought a small one at Target. We need to carry sunscreen, juice boxes, diapers, wipes, autograph books, snacks, a camera, etc. However, for my "purse," I bought a small reusable tote that folds up into a small Mickey Ears zippered pouch. With the bag folded up inside it, it's just big enough for my ID, a credit card, my park ticket, and a few dollars. It even clips onto a belt loop, the stroller, or the backpack. It was so nice not to have to worry about a PURSE while getting on a ride (and to be able to share lugging duty with my husband!).

I may look for something different for this trip, tho, because it would be nice to be able to carry a FEW more things...

Has anyone seen a good cross-body bag (similar in style to the Vera ones some carry) that is made of a water-resistant material like nylon? Some pockets and zippers are okay, but I need something with a fairly large, cavernous compartment for accessing items quickly. A pocket or two for water bottles would be great, too? Does something like this exist?

What about the baggallini messenger? It's not to big, and not to small, and it's an over the shoulder. I use that one and it's the most user friendly bag I've found for what I need. I love that I can put my wallet into the zip pocket on the backside and it stays close to my body so no one can steal it and I love that I don't have to take it off all the time, I can swing it around to the front and get out what I need. It also has lots of little pockets to organize things if needed (that are more on the outside inside a zipped off area away from the main compartment), but also has one big compartment if that's all you want to use. It comes in all kinds of colors in the rip stop nylon and is enough water resistant that it survived in the torrential rains of Florida one summer being in the parks. I wouldn't recommend being out in the pouring down rain with it, but to get from being in the rain into shelter, or jumping from one place to another quickly you should be more than fine. I would look at it on ebags.com to see what it looks like on someone, but would order if from bagsbuy.com and use the save10 code to save ten dollars, and then if you register when checking out you'll get an additional 10% off. It should come out to be a little over $24.00. If you order more than one bag, order them seperately, the shipping is free and so is the returns so this way you'll get the most discount for your orders. I did this when I bought several bags, and I also registered every single time too, this way I got the best discount every time I ordered. :goodvibes Hope you find what your looking for. :)

Millie, thanks for that GREAT description of the Baggallini! That's just about everything I need to know! I did know about this bag from this board (and I have several other Baggallinis and love them), but I was leaning against it because I was trying to get away from having a bag on my back. But you and others have posted that you don't have to take the bag off to access the contents, so I just might give it a try. It seems to fit all of my other requirements, and the price is also right. Thanks also for the tip about bagsbuy. I'm always looking for a deal.

I'm all about backpack, I have a smallish Tommy Hilfiger backpack that is perfect, it holds things I feel I NEED at 7:30am when putting it together, but isn't too big that at 3pm I hate myself. Also its too small for all my NON backpack traveling companions (so SMUG at bag check, so JEALOUS after shopping.) to start burdening me with their stuff.:thumbsup2

My3kiddos, I LOVE that Kipling Rita! I would buy it if I found it at my Marshall's for $30. I'm going to have to keep an eye our for that one. I like my Baggallini City Bagg:

http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/city_bagg_crinkle_nylon/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=87376

But for Disney, I need something a little bigger, and without quite as many little pockets and zippered areas that are hard to get to. That Kipling bag looks perfect!

Evilqueenmindy, I love how you think re. friends not being able to get you to carry all their "stuff"! When my kids were in a stroller and we would go on outings with friends, they would always want to shove their stuff in the basket or hang bags from the handlebars (dangerous anyway due to risk of tipover).

My3Kiddos,

I wish I'd seen that bag before I just ordered 2 other backpacks yesterday. It looks perfect. I'm going to keep an eye out for it. I may be sending back at least one of the backpacks I ordered.

You name it, I've tried it for a Disney bag--Done the backpack, bagallini and my current favorite is actually from Target. It's a Swiss Army Boarding bag that they have near the luggage. it goes on sale about every 6 weeks for 15 bucks. It has been through 2 Disney trips and is my current everyday purse 'cause I refuse to go back to a traditional purse! I love this thing. I just wish it would tear up enough that I could go get the newer style with the cell phone holder on the strap. I am a carry as little possible person. DL,Key to the Kingdom Card, some cash, chapstick, small sunscreen, wet wipes, hand sanitizer and glasses cleaner are about it for us. DH has one also and carries his own diabetic supplies and any other necessities. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this bag.

I'm in bag overload!!

For the last few weeks I've been researching bags and bags and there are quite a few that look nice. I wish I could try them out, but with two young kids I do most of my shopping online.

Think I might order a few and send back the ones that don't work for me. Maybe I'll take a trip to Marshalls or TJ Maxx to see what they have.

These are what I've narrowed it down to: I'm just not sure that taking the bag off over my head is going to get old quickly. hmmmmm...

http://www.ebags.com/product/ameribag/dna-large-sling-pack/92975?productid=1230015

http://www.ebags.com/product/the-north-face/womens-electra/109371?productid=10022750

http://www.ebags.com/product/under-armour/womens-intimidate-sling/138623?productid=1359650

Any thoughts? Did anyone buy one they LOVE?

I bought a Heys Travelmate at overstock.com., it was a lot less expensive there than anywhere else and 2.95 shipping. It is houndstooth print and very cute. It is a crossbody bag and I have decided that I am too large to wear a crossbody bag comfortably. I tried to wear it as a shoulder bag and it didnt sit right by my hips. I took a seam ripper to the straps and sewed them back to the sides like a shoulder bag. The crossbody part has a eyeglass case on it (one of the main reasons I bought it). I took it off and sewed it to the back of the bag.
It has a water proof compartment and a water bottle holder on the side. It has a mirror and little flashlight attached to the inside. The main part of the bag is expandable.
I was very proud of myself because I am not a crafty person and it turned out really nice.
49 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

I'm in bag overload!!

..... Think I might order a few and send back the ones that don't work for me. Maybe I'll take a trip to Marshalls or TJ Maxx to see what they have. ...

Any thoughts? Did anyone buy one they LOVE?

Good luck at Marshalls/TJMaxx - I stumbled upon a baggalini there for 19$ - so we grabbed it up! I did use it on a trip we took (non disney) a couple of months ago - and not sure if it is park worthy or not, but it's coming along....

......I was very proud of myself because I am not a crafty person and it turned out really nice.
49 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Very Crafty of you!!! Way to go :thumbsup2 Hope the bag works perfectly for you now :)

This year I got a Sherpani XO backpack and I already love it and use it all the time. It will be my WDW pack in October. And I got it in Cactus, a nice lime green (go DIS!).

http://sherpani.com/sherpani-xo.aspx?bO3FscouH=1&GQd0EjaqX=1&pmdoXJC4W=195

The material is water resistant, but I sprayed it with a coat of Scotchguard to make sure it could handle getting wet.

It's the perfect size for me -- I hae a five year old who doesn't need much, and a three year old who will need a back up pair of pants/pull-up/undies.

The little video they have on the website is cool too. They demo all the pockets and zippers. There's even a tiny zippered compartment right on the front that will be the perfect size for fastpasses :goodvibes

They also make a smaller bag similar to the Overland Pacer that looks cute & functional. I also saw on Zappos a brand called Haiku that makes a small bag called On The Go (I think, or maybe it was Grab Bag) that would be comparable to a Pacer/VB Hipster.

Happy Shopping!

All five of us ended up taking different colored Baggallini Messenger bags to DW this last time, and they worked really well for us. In the strap that goes across the front of your chest is a zippered pouch that you can use for a cell phone, but we used those for our DW ticket and fast passes. It was so easy to access them, and we kept our phones safe inside our bags. We go again in Oct. and will be using these bags again- they were great for our plane boarding bags too.

You name it, I've tried it for a Disney bag--Done the backpack, bagallini and my current favorite is actually from Target. It's a Swiss Army Boarding bag that they have near the luggage. it goes on sale about every 6 weeks for 15 bucks. It has been through 2 Disney trips and is my current everyday purse 'cause I refuse to go back to a traditional purse! I love this thing. I just wish it would tear up enough that I could go get the newer style with the cell phone holder on the strap. I am a carry as little possible person. DL,Key to the Kingdom Card, some cash, chapstick, small sunscreen, wet wipes, hand sanitizer and glasses cleaner are about it for us. DH has one also and carries his own diabetic supplies and any other necessities. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this bag.

Can you find a picture of this for me??
I googled it and found large carry on type bags. Is that right?
:hippie:

I saw that Swiss Army bag at Target, looked good, but also saw Victorinox-altmont-kander at e-bags that has a side mesh holder for water bottles, anyone ever tried that one? Always used a little waist bag before wanted something different, hold a little more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter