• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ladies, let's talk wardrobes

Chilehead Too

<font color=blue>Has a Poo theory
I am on a mission to downsize my closet. No easy feat for me the woman who still has Betsey Johnson dresses in the closet;)

Tell me your staples and must haves for work and play.

We also got to a few black tie affairs each year with DHs business. I basically have all black dresses in different styles for these and plan to keep them.

My goal is to have as little as possible without looking like I am wearing the same things.

For my work wardrobe, I try to have a basic stock of nice dress pants/slacks. I have black, brown, tan, red, camel, black & white pinstripe, grey, etc. Sometimes more than one of the same color, but I try to keep 10 pairs or so. Then, I try to keep a lot of shirts in various colors. I keep the bottoms fairly neutral so that the shirts go with more and I know with the patterns in the shirts that they'll usually work with something. I try to have blazers, sweaters, or cute jackets that work with nearly every pair of pants so that I can have a "suit" if necessary. I keep a brown and black long overcoat for winter. I try to have about three styles of shoes in black and brown that will mostly go with everything.

For play-I need jeans. Lots of jeans. Capris. A variety of solid shirts with some fun ones thrown in. A couple casual jackets. My rainbow flip flops that I wear with everything when it's warm enough. Sneakers.

My main purging thing is that I try on stuff that I haven't worn in a while, but think I might again. If it doesn't fit or just fits weird-it's gone.

My rule of closet chucking is..If I haven't worn it in a year..donate it.

Judi

My rule of closet chucking is..If I haven't worn it in a year..donate it.

Judi

:thumbsup2

I mercifully went through my closet a couple of months ago and donated anything that I had not worn in a year. Somethings that I had worn I took a long hard look at it and decided if I would ever wear it again. If not it was donated.

A couple of years ago I organized my closet but color. All white shirts together, red together etc. Same thing with pants. This really made me see what I have. Now I have a couple pairs of black, gray, brown/khaki pants- from dressy to casual.

I mercifully went through my closet a couple of months ago and donated anything that I had not worn in a year. Somethings that I had worn I took a long hard look at it and decided if I would ever wear it again. If not it was donated.

A couple of years ago I organized my closet but color. All white shirts together, red together etc. Same thing with pants. This really made me see what I have. Now I have a couple pairs of black, gray, brown/khaki pants- from dressy to casual.

That is what I am hoping to achieve. I want to be organized by color and have room to get dressed in the closet.

That is what I am hoping to achieve. I want to be organized by color and have room to get dressed in the closet.

It really helped me see that I had 20 white shirts and 15 pairs of black pants :scared1: . I kept buying things because I forgot I had them when they were all mixed up. Also pulling everything out to sort them allows you to go through each piece. Good luck!

I am on my way to getting where you are at. :)

I am redoing my closet and getting a new organizational system in there from Home Depot. OP, I know I am not much help, but though I try to purge, I still want to keep my stuff organized. I think that makes a huge difference.

Oh, and accessorizing helps a lot, too.

GL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter