Ladies - How much do u pay for a haircut

Nothing. My SIL cuts my hair and and my kid's for free. I do offer her cookies and coffee as a tip though. ;)

I pay $45 +tip at a local salon. I've tried lots of different stylist and I really like the one I'm with now. A cut and color can be anywhere between $85 and $145 depending on what has to be done. I go about once every 3 months.

My DH on the other hand spends more than I do overall. He goes to the barbershop weekly at $17 a trip. His hair is thinning on top so he keeps it super short and it looks funny if he goes more than about ten days without cutting it. I've told him he should just go ahead and shave it all off but he's holding out as long as he can.

My DH went through that a few years ago but finally bit the bullet & shaved it off. I LOVE it! I never thought he'd look so good w/a shaved head. He shaves it to the shortest clipper length so there is just a very small layer of fuzz instead of worrying about the totally smooth shaved look. Now he owns his own clippers & does it himself every week or two. Very easy and I think he looks so much hotter than he did with hair!

I have had the worst time finding a stylist I like. I have tried cheap & expensive places with similar results. My hair is thick & curly and most can't tell when I get it cut. The expensive places didn't do enough of a difference for me to be able to justify the expense since I normally wear it curly. If I straightened every day, that might be different since you can tell a lot more.

In December, I went to Supercuts for a last minute, I can't take it anymore haircut. I wanted a layered bob, shorter in back, longer in front. She took so much weight out of my hair but kept the front length where I wanted it. I absolutely loved it, best haircut in years! It has grown out so nicely and I can wear it straight or curly without much trouble. No mushroom look where it gets big on the bottom. I think it was $14 and I gave her a great tip.

I'm about to go back and make her take my number so if she ever leaves, she'll call me. Fingers crossed that I've found my "person". :goodvibes

I've got short hair that needs to be cut every 8 weeks at the longest. 6 weeks would be better.
It runs 20.00 + tip.

When I get my hair highlighted along with the cut, it's 90.00 + tip. Used to be 80.00 +tip but the price went up this year. I get the highlights done every other hair cut.

I'd grow out my hair but it is too fine and thin and looks horrible long.

I go the local beauty school and the cut can be $5 to $10, depending on if they are running a special that month. Because the cut is so cheap I usually tip $10.

$85, plus tip for the cut, which is pretty standard for a high-end salon in my major metro area. Highlights are $135, I think. After having had many, many bad haircuts in my life, it is absolutely worth it - my hair is fine and it seems to be easy for less skilled folks to screw it up. My stylist and colorist are perfectionists and I only go about 4x/year.

I too had a horrible experience, and it cost me a LOT to "fix" it (several cuts at $70 each to get it to where it was prior to the hack job).

I pay $70 for a haircut, and it is worth every flipping penny for my sanity, and peace of mind to know that I'm getting a dang good haircut. I have very fine, wavy hair, so it can be tricky to cut. I found someone who specializes in bobs, and that's all she does.

I live in the SF Bay Area, and this is a mid-level salon.

I pay $45 plus tip for a haircut and blowdry. It's worth every penny. I searched high and low for a good stylist, and finally found her. She gets booked so far out that I am all booked for my next 3 appointments. That will take me into 2014!

I'm kinda shocked/jealous of these prices!

I go to a nice salon and the stylists are wonderful. For my hair it is $65 + tip for a trim. I take my girls there as well since I love my stylist so much... Plus my youngest dd has natural ringlets so I've got I make sure it is taken care of properly. The girls are $35 + tip each.

My dh goes to a low-end salon and even his is $25 + tip.

I live in the Detroit area and pay $16 at a training school (no tipping allowed). They do a good job for a very simple cut with easy hair. However, it takes really long because the instructors come through and go over everything and do some education as needed. Last time I went, my hair was used as an example for cutting layers. I don't mind but it took about 2 hours for the wash, cut, and style. I need to find a quicker place, but I hate paying a lot of money because my hair does not require a lot of special care.

I also often get my manicures and pedicures there because they do spa-style ones for half the price of the day spas near me.

South New Jersey, over the bridge from Philadelphia, $50.00 plus $10.00 tip. Worth every penny. I have straight, blond hair that would show any and every mistake. I wear a bob...so I can have a fabulous cut on the short side and then let it grow for a few months between cuts.

You can tell a good cut from a mile away, this is one of my few splurges along with a well fitting bathing suit and good work shoes ( I am a nurse).

Guess i'm in the minority here. I pay $88 with tax and tip and that's for a weave (or full head coloring), cut, blow and style. I've been going to the same woman for about 13 years now and I know i'm getting a deal. I wish I didn't have to dye my hair but have had grey hair since I was 16:blush:

I'm from the Central Valley in Ca.

I live in metro Atlanta and pay $75 for a cut. I have been going to him for over 10 years and he is amazing. He never wants to cut it the same way twice.

I always get a cut and all over color and I pay 100 plus a $20 tip. I'm in OK. I have long hair and they have to double amount of color so they charge an extra $10. She usually wraps my hair in a hot towel after washing and gives my hands a massage. It is so nice and relaxing. A special treat for me. :)

I've gone through so many bad cuts that I don't mind paying someone that knows how to cut my hair a little more. I do go as long as I can between cuts though...maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I really need one now.

On Long Island I was paying $38 (it has gone up over the years) for a cut and that was by far the cheapest I had seen for a quality salon. At other salons I had paid well over $50/60

I'm in central PA now and have to find a new salon.

Small town. All over colour plus high/low lights and cut and style is usually 65. And my hair is pretty long. I usually tip 15 or 20 because I used to live in a bigger city and pay way more and I always feel like they are completely undercharging me.

My cut is simple and I've never had anyone screw it up, so I just go to Great Clips. $14 plus tip. When they have a sale, I can get it cut for $6.95 plus tip. :thumbsup2
I only cut my hair 2-3 times a year. I tend to forget about it until it starts looking bad and then I want it done right away. Another reason Great Clips works for me, no appointments. lol.

I live in the DFW area of Texas and I pay about $55 plus I give my stylist a $20 tip - so about $75. Any color is about the same price as a haircut when I get it done.

Mine is $200-$250 plus tip for coloring, and her haircuts are $70 on top of that. Needless to say I can't remember the last time I got my hair cut there! Most of my haircuts in recent years have been things like, knowing a friend in cosmetology school, being at a much cheaper salon accompanying a friend etc. Haircuts aren't a big deal to me as I usually just get a trim and I refuse to pay $70 for something like that, I will pay for the coloring though because I go brunette to blonde and it's so hard to find someone that can do that well.

My best friend is a senior stylist at a high-end salon, so she does my hair. I pay her $10 for a cut, $10 for color and $11 to the salon for products. If I were to pay retail, my cut would be around $45; color around $85 plus tip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter