Ladies: How many shoes do you bring?

rosiep

<font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve
We are doing 7 nights, that means a formal night, semi formal, and pirate night...I am trying to find a sandal that will match my formal dress, go with the semi formal dress and fit shorts and shirt outfits, but then there is a ziplining adventure that will mean a closed toe shoe and I'm not sure if I can find a sandal dressy enough for the long gown but simple enough for shorts! So tell me.....what did you do? 3 pairs of shoes is the maximum I can bring myself to take.....

I think I may end up bringing 4 not including a pair of water shoes...so I guess 5. But we're also doing WDW so I need a pair of comfy shoes that can stand up to the miles.
Sneakers
Keens
Dress heels
flip flops
Water shoes

1 pair heels, 1 pair sneakers (I wear these on the plane), 1 pair walking shoes (this varies between a sandal or a pair of flats, depending on our cruise destination...flats for our upcoming Alaskan cruise).

Top-Siders, walking sandals, black flats, metallic sandals, and pumps. Usually covers me for 7-14 night cruise.

1 pair of tennis shoe, 1 pair of sandal and flip flop, 1 pair of high heel(usually a black heel)

I tried my first cruise to bring fancy heels for dinners... Yeah no didn't work. Here's what I packed for my last cruise:
black sparkly flats
gold Birkenstocks
water type shoes/flip flops.

Then wore on the plane with me a pair of Sketchers "Go Walk." This next 14 day Panama cruise I'm going on here's my list:
Gold birks
water flip flops
These: http://www.qvc.com/Clarks-Bendables-Jaina-Canary-Huarache-Wedge-Leather-Sandals-Sandals-Shoes-Shoes-&-Handbags.product.A241077.html?sc=A241077-User&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-7-_-A241077&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/77/a241077.001?$uslarge$
(I don't know what to call these. I'm going to wear them with my fancy dresses and when going to mass. I wear them around here all the time for everything)

Wearing my Sketchers Go Walk on the plane. Hope that helps.

I wear my sneakers the day we board. I pack two pairs of flip flops because I love them both and can rationalize they don't take up too much room. I bring a strappy black heal I can wear on semi and formal night. And I think I try to squeeze in my sperrys because they are cute. But 75% of the time I'm in flip flops.

Too many! This time around I will have four pair. Deck shoes, runners, dressy sandals and flip flops.

I tried my first cruise to bring fancy heels for dinners... Yeah no didn't work. Here's what I packed for my last cruise:
black sparkly flats
gold Birkenstocks
water type shoes/flip flops.

Then wore on the plane with me a pair of Sketchers "Go Walk." This next 14 day Panama cruise I'm going on here's my list:
Gold birks
water flip flops
These: http://www.qvc.com/Clarks-Bendables-Jaina-Canary-Huarache-Wedge-Leather-Sandals-Sandals-Shoes-Shoes-&-Handbags.product.A241077.html?sc=A241077-User&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-7-_-A241077&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/77/a241077.001?$uslarge$
(I don't know what to call these. I'm going to wear them with my fancy dresses and when going to mass. I wear them around here all the time for everything)

Wearing my Sketchers Go Walk on the plane. Hope that helps.

Oooooo...... I LOVE those Clarks! Very nice! We're headed to Alaska this year, so I won't be running out to get a pair, but I do like those!

As PP have said, I always wear athletic shoes on the plane. I have a pair of fairly simple pumps (about a 2" heel) that go with formal or semi-formal. And I am bringing hiking boots because of a need on one excursion and a post-cruise planned activity in Vancouver. If we were headed to the beach, I would probably substitute flip-flops for the hiking boots.

1 nice pair for dinners
1 casual flip flop leather type shoes
1 pair of teva style (but nicer) walking shoes

I think this is the bare minimum. I usually end up throwing in one more pair. Three to four pairs really isn't that many given how many different types of outfits you need for day wear, dinner wear, formal wear, beach wear, outdoor adventure wear, etc, etc.

Keen lace-up shoe for activities/walking
Slip-on sandal with small heel I can wear during the day or to dinner
Flip-flips for pool
Dressy shoe with heel for formal night

I used to be concerned about color and bring multiple shoes of the same type on vacation, but now try to limit to one shoe of each type in black, white or neutral.

On the other hand, I'm always tempted not to bring the heels just for formal night but feel better having them.

Sneakers on the plane (New Balance slides)
Teva Tirras for excursions & beaches
Flip flops for pools and spa
and a pair of platinum colored Jack Rogers sandals to match any dresses

HTH!

Well, not a lady, but I brought 6 pairs for a 5 night cruise. I brought formal shoes, white converse, gym shoes, slippers for the room, red boating shoes and blue Toms. That sounds really unnecessary but i did wear them all. Getting them home after our bags ended up stuffed with souvenirs, so i learned to NEVER do that again. I think three is a good number.

We only did a 4 night cruise on the Dream, but I travelled with only my black ankle boots, a pair of black ballet flats and a pair of converse. They all matched most of my outfits. I found for my first cruise I packed way to many clothes rather than too many shoes!:rotfl2:

I bring
1 pair of dressy heels for formal night, why I pack these I don't know because I end up going back to the stateroom after and hour and switching to a more comfortable pair.
1 pair of dressy Dansko sandals for dinner
My Chaco sandals for walking in port and the beach
1-2 pair of fun sandals for on board, I have a pair of Minnie Mouse Birkinstocks.

I can cheat and pack some of my shoes inside DH's shoes, his shoes are size 14. DH is limited to three pairs, tennis shoes which he wears to board, one pair of dress shoes and one pair of sandals. His shoes take up more room then my daughter's clothes.

Too many for me too. Black flats, black heels, fancy strappy heels, flip flops, black flat sandals and tennis shoes (didn't pack but wore on the plane and on to the ship). I could have left out the fancy strappy shoes for formal night and have just worn the black heals. I wore all of them though, multiple times.

Way too many, but they will all get worn!

Brown flip flops
Black flip flops
Grey/Silver flip flops
Flip flops for the pool
Brown wedge sandals
Black wedge sandals
Black gladiator type sandal
Silver heels for formal night
Black heels for Remy & Semi-formal night
Strappy heels for another dress I have for dinner
Nike sneakers for gym, zip lining excursion and visiting WDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter