Ladies- how many purses do you bring to Disney?

I have a Vera Bradley Mailbag. I guess it's more like a messenger bag than a purse, though. It is lightweight, fits my DSLR, has a built in wallet (one less thing to carry!) and has great pockets for sunglasses, etc. I have not taken it to Disney but I have been test driving it at the zoo and will be testing it at Cedar Point.

But as for a real purse, no way. Only something hands free.

I bring my Briggs & Riley shopping tote to the park. It’s annoying when you have to wait at the bag check queue, but it’s just so convenient to carry everything – from park tickets and sunglasses to water and snacks in a bag rather than stuff your pockets full until they start looking like a bulging mess.

everyday of my life I were high heel shoes and a matching pocket book...my mother always says she doesnt know what im thinking...I only own one pair of sneakers and guess what? they are old and rusty and btw are for the gym...but at disney I give and do what makes a great trip I wear flips and to answer your question I use a bag not a backpack I could never and not one of those hip things...NO WAY...I have a small CROSSBODY THAT WORKS PERFECT AND DOESNT LOOK WEIRD OR OUT OF PLACE...it fits everything

I only bring one or two. I try to pack only what I need, and I don't need a different purse for every outfit. The less I pack, the more room I have for stuff I buy on my trip!:goodvibes

I do have a purse obsession, but I channel that into buying purses at WDW, not in bringing them to WDW.

The only purse I bring into the parks is my Coach cross-body swingpack. It's just the right size and has a PVC coating so it's easy to clean and doesn't let water in! Love it!

I use my Vera Bradley mini-hipster. I love being hands free so that both my hands can be on/near my DD3. I do take a reusuable shopping bag to leave under the stroller with a change of clothes for my DD in case of accidents...haven't had one in a year but we're at Disney...might forget she needs to go. Ok, real reason, I'm OCD:rotfl:

I don't carry a purse in the parks with me either. I dont even bring it to Florida. It would just be one more thing that I'd have to look after. We do carry a backpack into the parks with us though, to carry the water bottles, rain poncho's, dry socks, etc.

I usually bring two. One that is real small to fit into our backpack and one that I use for going to dinner or trips to the parks at night. We always carry a backpack, but I like to keep my things organized, so I toss my purse in there.

<---- Also a wee bit obsessive with handbags! :lovestruc I don't feel encumbered by them at all. In fact, I feel as if I'm missing a limb if I don't have some type of handbag on my shoulder, LOL.

I took 'purses' to be all-encompassing...inclusive of handbags, totes, messenger bags, backpacks, et al. That said, I bring two...two and a half if you count a wristlet as a separate bag.

On the plane, I'll have a large tote, big enough to hold reading material, ipod, camera, snacks, water. For the parks, I'll be using this bag...a Disney parks LeSportsac-type bag with a strap that adjusts from shoulder length to crossbody. It's lightweight and water resistant, but big enough to hold the usual park stuff...camera, cell, mini battery-powered fan, wipes, blister remedies...plus a small journal and an inflatable back pillow, that DH uses for shows, retaurants, etc.

I'll also be bringing a wristlet, which I might use at the pool or when we're dining at one of the restaurants on the premises of our home resort (Swan/Dolphin).

zero purses. I just bring my oh so out of fashion (were they ever in fashion??) hip pack. In fact it's a splash mountain hip pack! LOL Holds everything I need for the day.

I don't care about purses though at all or shoes or makeup. I'm extremely low maintenance. ;)

One bag - LeSportsac Edna - perfect size for traveling (for me).

Very rarely I will bring a small, "dressier" bag if we have something nice planned.

My everyday/home purse stays at home.

Yes. Hooray for DHs cargo shorts!!! I carry nothing because those shorts carry it all! ;)

Now I want a husband so I can stuff things in his shorts too!

... sorry,that sounded better in my head...

I don't even take my purse out of the house when we leave for vacation. My ID & Health insurance card go in DH's wallet, and anything I need to bring to the parks goes in his pockets or in the camera bag. He usually carries the camera bag, and I carry a small drawstring bag with ponchos and snacks.

Now I want a husband so I can stuff things in his shorts too!

... sorry,that sounded better in my head...

FYI - you can find ladies cargo shorts at stores like Columbia, Gander Mountain, etc., so you won't need a husband if you don't want one! :thumbsup2

Another purse aholic here! I love Coach and Dooney and Nine West. I plan on bringing the Coach I always carry but leave it in the room and probably carry small Dooney backpack to go with my dooney change purse for the parks. I may buy a disney dooney or just a disney purse when I get there in Sept, I saw some cute ones last Sept some marked down to $15!

Try to carry the minimum! If I can get away with just the contents of my pockets, I do. Depending on the season though, sometimes you need a bag big enough for a jacket. We almost always carry some bottled water, too.

DH mostly wears cargo shorts at WDW - so I'll have him carry the camera. I also try to wear cargo type pants at WDW -esp with zippered pockets.

When I must carry a bag, I make it as lightweight and compact as possible.

In the past, when I had to carry a bag, I used to use a small backpack. Something like the Jansport half-pint (though the half-pint itself had zipper issues; the zipper will unzip if the bag isn't fully zipped every time, and it's easy to lose stuff if it opens up), or maybe one of those cheap nylon zip-cord bags (the strings hurt after a while if the bag is too full.) Backpacks free your hands, but they have to be rotated or removed on every ride. Any time you remove your bag is a chance to lose it.

More recently, I got a small Dooney and Bourke shoulder bag. It's perfect. It's like this, but with a long shoulder strap:

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=47451

Anytime you enter a park the bag has to searched. If your bag has multiple compartments, you have to open all of them up and reclose them. It doesn't take a huge amount of time, but it does slow you down. Also, if you forget to rezip anything it can be very bad. If you don't have any bag, you bypass the line altogther.

The D&B bag I have has only one small compartment - and little pockets onthe sides to keep stuff organized. one zip and security can see everything. I wear it cross body. I dont have to do anything when I go on a ride. Backpacks can take FOREVER to zip and unzip. Same thign with any small bags within the bag - they all have to unpacked and opened up.

Again, one important idea is to clean your pocketbook of everythign you don't need. You won't need your library card at WDW. Most of the time I can get by with just: cc, ID, cash, WDW ticket/room key, cell phone, times guide, tiny chart of ADR numbers. Maybe a camera,and during the day a bottle of water. Sometimes you may also need a jacket or at least a plastic rain poncho. Maybe sun block. Maybe a small square of moleskin (about the size of a bandaid) or bandaids. Oh - and if you ever need any essential medications, make sure to carry them. (epi-pen, inhaler, benadryl - that sort of thing.)
If you have small kids in your party you may need a few other items. You don't want to put anything expensive in a stroller, but general you can leave non -valuables like bottled water and hand sanitizer in the basket of a stroller. When we have a stroller in our party- we put everything in a gaint 2.5 gal clear ziploc. At security, you just hold it up. Snack/sandwich sized ziplocs can also be used within a bag at WDW.

Warning! If you bring multiple purses, and you're in charge of carrying the park tickets, please make sure you transfer them from one bag to the next. I only carry one small cross-body purse. My sister (first trip) brought multiple purses. One day, in her haste to get out the door with our party to get to AK at rope drop, she forgot the tickets in the purse she used on the previous day. :eek: It was a hassle and took quite some time to have her DH find a bus back to the resort, grab the tickets, and return to the park. Lesson learned--she used ONE purse for the remainder of the trip, and put MY husband in charge of carrying all of the park tickets.

:lmao: I have a tote bag for the plane. Another bag for the pool (or for bringing snacks for the kids) and a cross body for the parks. I have never not had a purse whenever I goto Disney.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter