Ladies-How do you wear your hair?

I have straight hair that goes an inch or two past my shoulders. I don't have bangs, so I don't have to worry about those. I usually start with my hair down and then I tie it back in either a messy bun or ponytail when it gets too hot to have my hair down. I also tie it back before I go on RnRC :)

One really cute idea I like to keep my bangs out of my face is to take two sets of bobby pins (4 total) and one one side, pull my bangs up, pin them back, and then cross the first bobby pic with a second bobby pin so it makes a little X. Then just do the other thing on the opposite side. So cute and easy! HTH!!

It's funny, my dd just got this haircut today and the first thing she did was pull back the long bangs straight back with a barrett--she looked very cute!

i think i may have just found the perfect disney hairdo for those of us with medium/long wavy/curly hair!!!!

alright first what i did was i took a little bit of hair in the front (bangs if you have them or if not i just took a little bit) and i twisted it like a french braid bu tinstead of a braid a twist along the side of my head. then i pinned it with 2 bobby pins that i criss crossed. after i took my hair that was left and made a side ponytail. it was pretty and simple. it was also great for the beach!

2010_0111CWDressH0157.jpg
[/IMG]
this is what the twist was like only i only did one but 2 looks cute too!
HaydenPanettiere.jpg
[/IMG]
this is kinda what the ponytail looked like.

so it did double duty! it kept my bangs out of my face and my hair off my neck and i could swim!

Another pony tail here! Actually, through the year I keep it in a short shaggy bob sort of style. But starting about late spring, I start to grow it out so that when we go in August I can put it in a low pony tail.

I had long thick wavy hair..and I normally have it in a bun or in a pony tail.
However yesterday I had it cut. its now very curly, thick and right above my shoulders with bangs. A high small pony tail, and pinned back bangs.

To all you ponytailers: Don't you get a headache from them? I've got fairly thick, very long hair, and when I pull it into a ponytail, I end up with a headache very soon. It's not like it's super tight or anything, either. It's okay in a french braid, but I'd love to just do a ponytail.

Suggestions/thoughts?

I have long thick, thick and thicker hair. With the humidity (we go in Dec/Feb so it isn't that bad) my hair goes straight. So I usually wear it up or back in the day time and try to fix it for the evenings if we are going to a signature resturant. :)

My hair is short, above my shoulders but usually I keep my bangs from my face with a rigid plastic "tiara" or elastic band... but as OP said your hair can get very messy with the rides, I am beggining to think these accessories won't do.
Do you have some ideas?
BTW, do you all use hats, caps or visors? Do you keep them on or take them off before, let's say, enter Splash Moutain ?
thanks!:hippie:

First, let me say that I live in L.A. and I am a diva. My hair is shoulder length, colored, highlighted and I straighten it daily.
But, when I go to WDW , forget that! I put it up in whatever way I can to survive! You won't catch me in many photos either because I look so bad. Survival is the key here honey! My girls also have long hair and they have it up. Forget looking cute, stay cool!

I've got thick, wavy, frizzy hair (without humidity it'll curl, with humidy it'll frizz). I do get headaches from pony tails and a single pony tail will lay at least somewhat on my neck. I'm finally at a stage in my life where I don't care if I look silly with a "little kid" hairdo. In June, I wore my hair in braids so I could have may hair back without headaches and still have it off my neck.
picture159.jpg

this may or may not be helpful, but i have long hair and just tried the goody spin pin-it's amazing at holding hair up and out of the way and a nice alternative to the pony tails! Just a thought!

Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2 I bought a pack of Goody's Spin Pins, and they work great! I found them at Target for $5.99 (pack of 2 pins).

Since I have longish pin straight hair my hair is back in a pony or messy bun unless.... wait, no its ALWAYS up. I hate my hair in my face especially when its hot and muggy. And since I'm pretty pasty I can just slip it through a baseball cap and not have to worry about my face burning as bad. I would take your bangs and bobby pin or snappy clip them straight back then pull the rest up and away from your face.

I usally pin my bangs back with a slight pomp in the front then either a ponytail or a bandana on the rest. I then start pinning my hair up(sorta a 50s style). This way its up and its cooler on my neck. Plus I can still look cute for all the photopass pictures!:cutie:
I have no idea how to post a pic on the boards. Sorry.:confused3

I do my hair in two french braids. Then I twist them together and clip them to the back of head. I throw a bandana over the whole thing, so my head is covered (I Corinthians 11) as I pray for short lines, patient children, and a good time for all! ;-)

I have thick, wavy hair that is past my shoulders. I usually do either pigtails, braids or dutch-braided pigtails (more forgiving than french braids when you're doing your hair before rope drop). For my bangs, I usually either braid and pin them, twist and pin them, or do a poof (as I have a baseball cap on, it's kind of a crummy poof, but it keeps my bangs out of trouble).

I've got thick, wavy, frizzy hair (without humidity it'll curl, with humidy it'll frizz). I do get headaches from pony tails and a single pony tail will lay at least somewhat on my neck. I'm finally at a stage in my life where I don't care if I look silly with a "little kid" hairdo. In June, I wore my hair in braids so I could have may hair back without headaches and still have it off my neck.
picture159.jpg

Cute! I may have to do this too! Thanks for sharing.

One really cute idea I like to keep my bangs out of my face is to take two sets of bobby pins (4 total) and one one side, pull my bangs up, pin them back, and then cross the first bobby pic with a second bobby pin so it makes a little X. Then just do the other thing on the opposite side. So cute and easy! HTH!!

Hello! Thanks for posting this. My hair is medium lenght and I am going to give it a try! (andalso post the pic once I have it tried ;))

One thing to remember is the humidity! It's awful. Will make even the straightest hair frizz. For the original poster you can search the internet and look for Victoria Beckham and see how she pulls back her hair. I think just pull it straight back with a bump. I have medium length hair that frizzes. I wear mine in a ponytail with a bump. I wrap a small piece of hair around my holder to give it a finished look. :goodvibes

I have curly hair so I simply put a high pony or just leave them open. I never thought of straightening. My mom has gifted me some nice hair clips; I usually wear those for parties and dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter