ladies - dressing for the heat and humidity

CyndiLooWho

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Yes, I do live in a southern state and know how to dress appropriately for hot, humid weather. But to be honest, I rarely spend a full day outside running around, much less a whole week (except for when I get drafted to be the spare adult at boy scout camp, but that's another kettle of fish).

So, I have hiking skorts and capris in quick-dry nylon, Keen sandals for my feet, and trek-tek tees for the parks. But I still have not found anything for the girls to keep them from sweating like mad. I wear a D cup and have to have the "lock and load" style bra to keep the girls in check, preferably a lightly lined underwire with wide straps.

For all day in the Florida heat, I need a good, non-sweaty bra that won't give me a uni-boob. Any suggestions?

I am a DD myself, and have found that a change of clothes (and/or a quick shower) can really help you feel refreshed. I also found that it was very easy to hand-wash my bras each night.

Good luck!
Couldnt find a emoticon of eating popcorn, so there is this one.
:tiptoe:

Last edited:
I just googled "moisture wicking bra" and found this. Comes in larger cup sizes!

http://m.soma.com/store/page.jsp?id=98409521&CMP=KNC-GOOG_NB&searchdef=2244076&k_clickid=25a8bb52-f64c-e888-ea93-00003ff4addf&002=2244076&006=37400966312&007=Search&008=&009=e&012=moisture wicking bra&021=57508905639&025=t&026=

I am a DD myself, and have found that a change of clothes (and/or a quick shower) can really help you feel refreshed. I also found that it was very easy to hand-wash my bras each night.

Good luck!

I think we have a Soma in the next city over; will try to get over there when I go to my eye doc appt tomorrow to try that one on.

And I normally just do the shower twice a day thing, too. I just think it would be great not to be so uncomfortable, esp after getting wet on the water rides. Summer camp last year was miserable, but at least as a leader I had access to the leader's lounge and a/c for part of the day.

I've never thought about a moisture wicking bra unless it's like a sports bra but those aren't usually very flattering or discreet under t shirts. I get all my bras from target cause they're cheap and actually really nice quality haha. Maybe a lacey bra that is basically see-through since it wouldn't really get wet and dry fast? That seems like it would be cool but maybe itchy. Also maybe some body wipes to feel cleaner.

I have a friend who is large and "well endowed" and she told me one time she puts small socks in the bottom of her bra to absorb the moisture.

When I go to the parks I often wear a dress (some sort of shorts under it) or I just wear one of my gym outfits.

I LOVE Soma they are the only store in my town that I can buy a size G in person. They hold up well and the costumer service is incredible. They do a great job at making sure you leave with bras that fit correctly.

Hi all! Yes, I do live in a southern state and know how to dress appropriately for hot, humid weather. But to be honest, I rarely spend a full day outside running around, much less a whole week (except for when I get drafted to be the spare adult at boy scout camp, but that's another kettle of fish).

So, I have hiking skorts and capris in quick-dry nylon, Keen sandals for my feet, and trek-tek tees for the parks. But I still have not found anything for the girls to keep them from sweating like mad. I wear a D cup and have to have the "lock and load" style bra to keep the girls in check, preferably a lightly lined underwire with wide straps.

For all day in the Florida heat, I need a good, non-sweaty bra that won't give me a uni-boob. Any suggestions?

I would also recommend a piece of cloth, like a bandana, to use for soaking it in water and applying to face/neck/chest/head/etc.
Also useful for wiping brow, neck and cleavage sweat.

We were there yesterday and there was almost nothing I could do to stop it. I wear wacola bras and they seemed to help. But it was miserably hot. My advice to bring at least 4 and be prepared to rinse them out each night. Also purchase bra inserts. That helped with front sweat.

it's like a sports bra but those aren't usually very flattering or discreet under t shirts.
4ce11.jpg

For me, I've worn those camis with built-in bras, loose wicking shorts (or skorts - yeah, I said skorts!!), Teva sandals, hair up in high ponytail with a visor, sometimes one of those moisture-beaded-bandana-soaked-in-water things, and a folding fan from Japan to cool me off - it ain't pretty, but all this keeps mama cool and less cranky!!!

I always carry a trial size deodorant in my bag as well as hand-wipes. Helps just to freshen up. Sometimes I carry a small battery operated fan. That really helps. The thing I can't stand is when you're at an outdoor show and they want everyone to "scoot, scoot" yeah I'm not rubbing elbows with anyone all hot, sweaty and stinky!!

Some great suggestions here, ladies. I have to laugh at some - my almost 50 yo body in a cami-bra would be scary. I could have done it at 18, but that was 2 kids and a lot of pounds ago. LOVE my sKorts too - the best for looking a little nicer when it's horribly hot out.

Don't the panti-liners in the bra bunch up? (another laugh - thinking about cabbage leaves in the bra when I was trying to dry up my milk supply after nursing forever)

I've done some other searches too, and am going to try to get to some stores to try things on after my eye appt. Hope the doc doesn't dilate my eyes this time around...

I'm a double or triple d and I take 5 bras with me when I travel (including 2 strapless one black one nude), as well as bikini tops that I wear under tank tops on the days we're doing a lot of splashy rides.

It gets mighty hot in my wheelchair so I bring a dress, panties, another bra, and baby wipes with me in a small backpack. Makes it super quick to change for nicer restaurants and I feel fresh for the end of the day.

Once back in my room, I hand wash my bras and hang them it sounds silly, but I've found this method great for WDW, and then I can wear whatever bra feels best that day. I generally buy from Fredrick's of Hollywood or the clearance rack at Nordstrom.

Good luck bra shopping and with your eye appointment. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter