Ladies: Do you give your hairdresser a XMas Gift

I go every 5-6 weeks for color and trim, but beyond that, I've been going to the same person for 18 years. She takes care of my mother as well, and my grandmother, until she passed away last year. She even came out to the house to do Gram's hair in the last stages of her illness (Gram was vain until the end! :teeth:) The day I got married, she did my hair, my mother's, Gram's, and my cousin's (who was also a bridesmaid) for free, as a gift (she was also a guest, so she needed time to get herself ready, too). So...after all that she's done for us over the years, she deserves a gift. This year, we're giving her a bottle of wine with a few cute wineglasses, and maybe we'll give her a GC to Target as well.

If I see my stylist before Christmas, I give her a bit more than what I would normally tip her. I pay $36 for shampoo and style, so I normally tip about $7 so when I see her next, I'll give her a $20.

Yes but only because her daughter comes to my day care. I do a goodie bag for her and her husband. Like chex mix, pretzel wreaths, her favorite, and my crazy popcorn.

I also saw that on TV- it was definite that your Holiday tip should equal the normal amount you pay for service- so if your normal bill is $30, your tip should be $30. I think some common sense comes into play also- if you get a highlight or perm every 6 months, don't tip on that, but tip more than your normal cut and blow dry cost.
I would definitely tip cash in lieu of gifts unless you are really sure you are buying a gift they'd like.

My entire family goes to the same small salon, the girls that own it are sisters and we haev been going there for 18 years. I used to give gifts etc but the past few years, I started bringing them Lunch. They love it. there are 4-6 of them and I have an assortment of salads, wraps, soups etc. and it is enough to hold them for 2-3 days.

I go every 6 weeks for cut and color and pay $80 plus a $12 tip. I've been seeing the same person for 20 years. For my visit last week I gave her a card containing $50 instead of my usual tip.

I babysit for my stylist on the days she works. She owns her own place and is the only employee. She gives me $50 cash at Christmas for being her babysitter, so I feel obligated to spend $50 also. I usually get her a giftcard to whatever the new restaurant in town is. She doesn't charge me anything for doing my hair, so I occasionally get her an additional $25 gift card throughout the year, especially when she helps out with things like letting my dog out when I'm out of town or picking my kids up from school. I guess we're a little closer than most people are with their stylists though!

I'm pretty close to my stylist being that we are engaged and all. :goodvibes

The only thing I can say is this:

1. They don't expect gifts
2. If you do gift, please don't give some freebie stuff and be sure you know they like it (we do quite a bit of ebaying in January).

That being said, DF usually gets some very nice wines, champagnes, gift cards and cash in addition to sweaters that don't fit and that he doesn't wear, keychains, travel clocks and that stuff. He has a very high-end clientele though and charges an insance price for cuts. All is appreciate and he sends thank you cards. His salon sends holiday cards but he does not gift to his clients.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter