Ladies---Another Park Bag Question

Vera Bradley Disney Crossbody.. the one and only bag I will ever bring on vacation with me..and I have many many bags and have brought many over the years... sometimes multiply on one trip.

I think I should sell some of the others now that I think about it.. I could retire.

I've brought both the baggalini ( picked it up at AAA) as well as the VB cross body hipster. Both are light and functional- if you carry a water bottle - the Baggalini has a bottle holder which comes in handy. I like to bring both and switch off. Easy to pack!

Thanks everyone! I was already leaning towards a crossbody. Looks like it is the big winner!!:)

I use the cross body Vera Bradley and have for many trips. I love having my hands free and I can fit a LOT in that bag! The wristlet just wouldn't be big enough to hold what I like to carry in the parks and I don't think I'd like having to hold it in my wrist.

Can you tell me specifically which bag you have? I'm going next week, and already decided that my belated Christmas gift to myself is a new Vera Bradley Disney bag. I like the pretty blue (Disney Dreaming?) one that's about $65, but I was wondering if it held enough. You have me encouraged that it might, if that's the same one.

I have acutally used both and like both. I like the cross body, but sometimes it does slip off your shoulder on rides. It does hold more, but you have to go through bag check. My wristlet will fit in DH's pocket so I can skip bag check. I also can hook it through a belt loop so it is attached to me and I don't worry about losing it.

Billionth vote for the cross body here and may I suggest the WalletBe. Can't get any smaller that Im pretty sure and yet it holds the essentials. :-D

I am taking a Disney VB cross body as well. It's the most comfy on my shoulder.

I LOVE my Minnie Harvey's bag. It's a cross body bag, and the seatbelt material doesn't dig into me and distributes the weight of what I have in pretty good around my shoulder.
And it's adorable. I bought it on a trip two years ago when we stayed at the Grand Floridian. And I was delighted to find that it is still available on Harvey's website!!!

I use one of my Disney Dooney crossbody's some days and a see through plastic backpack on others. The bag check people love the see through bag since they don't even have to open it. It does get hot on my back during the summer so I tend to just sling it over one shoulder kind of like a shoulder bag. I use it on the days I know I'm going to need an umbrella or a sweater/jacket, which is most days. I use the crossbody on days I'm pretty sure I won't need a sweater of any kind and I can just hook my umbrella to it and still be hands free.

I think it really makes a difference what season you travel in... when I visit mid November, I can bring a much smaller crossbody (VB) but for Mid January:cool1: I need the Baggalini, since we have long park days, and the weather is SO changeable from morning-afternoon-night..... I have to prepare for cold/heat/rain with gloves/socks/jacket so that means a bigger bag. Ah well.... tradeoffs....

I think it really makes a difference what season you travel in... when I visit mid November, I can bring a much smaller crossbody (VB) but for Mid January:cool1: I need the Baggalini, since we have long park days, and the weather is SO changeable from morning-afternoon-night..... I have to prepare for cold/heat/rain with gloves/socks/jacket so that means a bigger bag. Ah well.... tradeoffs....

Which Bagallini crossbody do you use? I love hearing good crossbody recommendations.

Which Bagallini crossbody do you use? I love hearing good crossbody recommendations.

I have had it for 10+ years..... it wears like iron.... I think it is the messenger.... kind of a rectangle shape with an outer mesh water bottle pocket.... (in another thread I mentioned that I dyed it dark purple form its original khaki green,and now it's my eggplant bag) the width/height is approx the same as the VB hiptser,but it is MUCH roomier inside

For Disney, Crossbody.I like hands free ..For Uni parks, Waistpack.I hate the way they look, but there are several rides where NO bags of any kind ( other than waistpacks) are allowed on and I hate dealing with locker lines.

Good to note - We're going to Uni for the first time this trip - this is something I wouldn't have known. Thanks!

Note to self - take no bag to Uni. Which sounds easy, but might prove difficult... I like to have stuff on on, just in case. I guess I'm a girl scout at heart!

I love my Disney Vera Bradley hipster! The material makes it so lightweight. I use it at DL. This is my first trip to WDW and I was going to take my bagallini but changed my mind. I want to keep it light. If I take the baggallini I will shove too much stuff in it then it will get way too heavy as the day goes on. So I am taking just a few things in the hipster along with a light jacket and hat! I don't get cold very easily so I don't need a heavy coat, scarf, etc... Plus if I do get really cold one night, it will be a great excuse to buy myself a WDW jacket!!! :)

Baggalini is on Zulily today -- they take a while to ship, but they do have great prices.

Haha I just grab my wallet and a small makeup bag and throw them in my husband's backpack! I love that I don't need to carry a purse at Disney.

I've been bringing my Disney Vera Bradley Hipster the past 2 years and it's perfect for me (no kids). It's also my everyday purse, I prefer crossbody bags. Before that I used a Overland Donner bag that was recommended here on the Disboards and on one trip a string backpack from Disney (I knotted the straps to make them shorter).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter