Ladies: A bra question...

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by lonegirl, May 21, 2007.

1. lonegirl

lonegirl Mouseketeer

I finally found great bras at Target...the Gillian O'Malley racer backs. They often go on sale for $10 each. Now I need help: What kind/brand of bra do you wear with tanks/sleevless tops? I have been wearing a strapless underwire, which kills by the end of the day and since we'll be in WDW in Sept., I plan on wearing many tanks/sleeveless tops. I do not want to be in pain for days due to underwire...can anyone reccomend a bra for me at a great price? BTW, I am a small cup so that is a nonissue. But I have to wear something...too modest not to!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Hedy

Hedy <font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind

I generally use a normal bra...if you're small busted, I think it's warner that makes shelf bras/crop top type things with narrow straps. Or you could try clear-strapped bras.

4. angeluna

angeluna Hyperfocused on Disney

Walmart has see through plastic straps that you can put on a regular bra. My bra is one of those convertible ones where you can rearrange the straps, so they are able to come off. The plastic straps are a glossy finish so you can still see them if they pop out, but not as bad as a regular strap. Hope it helps.

5. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I wear a regular bra and if my straps show ... oh well!

6. Luvdancink

Luvdancink Mouseketeer

I wear a regular bra but I have a bunch in nude or tan colors, so they almost blend into the skin if the straps show a bit.

~Kristy

7. sskem96

sskem96 DIS Veteran

I wear Fruit of the Loom brand bras from Walmart. A 3 pack is 9.88. They have spaghetti straps that just look like a regular cami strap, so if they show it doesn't even look like a bra strap. There's no adjuster on the strap or anything. They come in lots of colors, so I usually just match to my outfit.

8. disneyfreak33

disneyfreak33 DIS Veteran

9. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

I was trained to do bra fittings and I can tell you that if the underwire is hurting, chances are you are wearing the wrong size. It may not be a bad idea to get a professional fitting (and I'm not talking Victoria's Secret) to verify your size and they can also recommend the right style of bra.

10. formernyer

formernyer DIS Veteran

About half of the tank tops on the market today come with built-in bras. I know they wouldn't work for large-breasted women, but they work just fine for me (34B).

11. horseshowmom

horseshowmom DIS Veteran

My daughter has several of these, and they work great. You can get them for about the same (or less) than you'd pay for the bras. :thumbsup2

12. shades

shades DIS Veteran

Victoria's Secret IPEX Wireless bra has got to be the most comfortable bra I've ever worn!!!! VS is having their semi-annual sale right now, too. The straps are comfortable, the bra is designed with special graduated light padding to avoid "show thru" (even in freezing cold rooms;o) and the bras are very light weight. I've worn nothing but these wireless bras since I purchased my first one about a year ago. I've thrown away all of my wired bras and don't even bother to look at them in stores anymore. There's no going back to wires!;)

13. Parkhopper

Parkhopper Disney Collector<br><font color="blue">The Tag Fai

I agree! I never understood why people raved about the VS bras until I tried one. I purchased an IPEX wireless during the last semi-annual sale and went right back and purchased several more immediately. They couldn't be any more comfortable and I don't have any trouble keeping the straps up and BEST OF ALL...the girls look WONDERFUL!:rotfl:

Suzi

14. A Mickeyfan

A Mickeyfan DIS Veteran

That is how I do it... and when I do find a tank that doesn't have the built in one.. I wear my bra and as others said... if the staps show.. I really do not care. I do wear a nude color with them....
    The way I look at it, if someone is so interested in my bra staps..they really need to get a life :thumbsup2 I would not wear it like that if it were for work. I do not wear tanks for work.....;)

15. writersblock42

writersblock42 DIS Veteran

VS has some great bras. I don't know how large you are but the built-in bras work for me as well. They have some that are more supporting then others.

16. englishteacha

englishteacha <font color=magenta>I've just gotten crazier over

I wear tanks with wider straps and a regular bra. If the straps peek a little, I'm not concerned. What bothers me is the spaghetti strap tops with a regular bra...that looks a bit too "Pretty Woman" before Julia Roberts met up with Richard Gere, in my opinion! I am well endowed, so a lot of the built-in bra tops just won't do it for me. I do have a strapless I can wear with those, and it's fairly comfortable, as far as a strapless bra goes! It's one of the new full-figured strapless bras Walmart just started carrying, part of the Sweet Nothings line.

17. LuluLovesDisney

LuluLovesDisney <font color=red>If you're not outraged, you're not

Wear a thin strapped bra and sew in a small ribbon with two snaps to the inside of each dress/shirt strap. You can clip it around the bra strap and it won't move.

Otherwise, I wear a clear strapped bra (you can buy ones that slip into any bra with changeable straps) or an underwire. I am not a huge Victoria's Secret fan, but I do have one really great strapless bra from a long time ago from there (when they had great foundation garments and not all fluff and thongs and $50 bras) that is still in great condition (only wear it 10 or fewer times a year) and shows a smooth silhouette.