Lactose intollerant........

arielrocks

always planning another trip to Disney!!!
Hoping someone can help me out here.I have recently been diagnosed lactose intollerant and cant stand soy milk. I buy lactose free milk here but has anyone got any experiance of what products are available over in Orlando?

Any help or advice would be great so thanks in advance

They have a product over there called Lactaid which are tablets you can take before dairy to prevent the usual side effects...they also make lactaid milk too which is like our lactose free milk. Do try the soy milk though as it tastes a lot better than ours!

my dd is also and over here she prefers rice milk, and she says there soya milk is much better tastes bettter.

I use oat milk - it's much more like cow's milk and worth a try.

Eve is lactose intolerant and Florida is absolutely brilliant for buying fresh lactose free milk:thumbsup2

You get all the fat levels and more :)

Walmart and Publix sell it in abundance though you might struggle to find it in the more 'tourist' type supermarkets on I-Drive.

Eve seems to think we couldn't buy it from Target but I'm not too sure on that one :flower3:

thanks guys - you are a great help!

what about spread for toast? over here I have Vitalite of Pure - Could I take it with me?

Not sure how the Pure / Vitalite would 'travel' :confused3

Spreads aren't something we've ever looked at to be honest but I'd imagine there would be lactose free ones in the shops :)

Check out www.walmart.com - I found ice cream and cottage cheese in the Lactose free search :thumbsup2

I have had LOADS of food intolerances and allergies and I honestly feel that America is the best place for catering for all sorts of food allergies. You can get lactose free milk in most places but I find to get all allergy friendly foods Whole Foods is the best place. There is a big one now in Orlando. You can get Lactose free everything, soy cheese, cream, yogurt ...

Here is the link for directions etc,

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/orlando/

I have had LOADS of food intolerances and allergies and I honestly feel that America is the best place for catering for all sorts of food allergies. You can get lactose free milk in most places but I find to get all allergy friendly foods Whole Foods is the best place. There is a big one now in Orlando. You can get Lactose free everything, soy cheese, cream, yogurt ...

Here is the link for directions etc,

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/orlando/

OMG you are a LIFESAVER!!!! its all very new to me so trying to sort out whats gonna happen for holidays and home life!!

thanks so much guys!!

Just a heads up that we've found it relatively easy to buy Lactose free milk in Italy, the Canary Islands and Spain :thumbsup2

You're best looking in the bigger supermarkets :)

Also, if you want to find out about what foods will be suitable for her intolerance while you are at the Disney parks, then email;

brenda.bennett@disney.com

telling her that your daughter has lactose intolerance. She will send you a list of where you can get soy icecream, lactose free cheese pizza etc inside the parks and also if you are dining at any of the restaurants, the chef might be able to make special meals for her if you let them know in advance :thumbsup2. Check out the DISabilities board for more advice re food allergies whilst at disney and allergy free dining reviews. Have a great time at WDW :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter