Lack of seating at Caption Cooks, how did I miss this?

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
If you are going real soon and plan on visiting Caption Cooks for breakfast, for possibly some of that amazing Tonga Toast, let me give you for warning. Make a reservation for Kona. They do not have enough places to sit at there right now at Caption Cooks for the amount of people wanting to eat there.

I think the management could have done a better job with this situation. :headache: I also think that the people who are staying at the Poly should have first dibs on the seating. Just my humble opinion. There is just not enough tables. If I had known this I would have went to Kona. We did get a table, but it was a challenge. Food was great as usual though.:thumbsup2

Management has nothing to do with the seating or lack of seating. Those much higher up than the restaurant managers make these decisions.

The patio is not open yet, there supposedly will be a great deal more seating on the patio. and how about having CMs go in there and say you can't sit down unless you are staying at the Poly. Not gonna happen.

I guess once the patio does open up there will be more seating available, but no joke it was a circus. Wow, I thought management could have had a say in a few more tables.

Management has no say in who sits where and who comes into the restaurant. They aren't going to post a CM at the door to the restaurant to ask guests to prove that they are staying at the resort. That happens nowhere at WDW.

Most, if not all of the deluxe resorts have small CS restaurants compared to other onsite resorts. If you want ample seating choices during prime meal times I would suggest next time selecting a mod or value resort.

To the OP - how many were in your party? Were there empty chairs at the tables that you could have asked to sit in? Or were you looking for a table for your family only?

It's just my husband and myself and we often ask at crowded places (like behind Fairfax Fare at the Studios) if we can join another family if there is room at a table. And, if we are sitting just the two of us at a table at a crowded place and see others trying to find somewhere to sit, we invite them to join us. We've only been denied one time.

Just curious.

The patio is not open yet, there supposedly will be a great deal more seating on the patio. and how about having CMs go in there and say you can't sit down unless you are staying at the Poly. Not gonna happen.

Because all restaurants at the WDW Resort are open to all guests. So it should not happen to restrict seating.

I think the idea is they want their Deluxe Guests to enjoy their TS restaurants. Otherwise, they would Have offered all that seating.

We were there at lunchtime last Saturday and did not have trouble finding seating for our party of 3. I will say the Deluxe resorts quick service restaurants are tiny compared to Value/Mod. But of course their TS restaurants make up for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter