Lack of FP+ options

I also did my FPs today and I thought the availability was exactly the same as it has been in the past. I don't think they are limiting the number of FPs anymore, like they were doing for trips in late May/June.

Could this be a sign that they expect things to be up and running, with a rather normal capacity?
I sure hope so! Its still 2 months away so anything can happen. We wont cancel unless the airlines or Disney cancel for us.

Well, FP day went great! We got everything we wanted including Flight of passage, Mickey & Minnie, Millennium falcon, and Mine train. We also got Space mt, Splash mt, Big Thunder mt, Everest, and a bunch of others. Millenium falcon was day 3 of our trip and nothing before 5:50 pm. Mickey & Minnie was day 6 and nothing before 3:00. We didnt try for Slinky Dog. Overall, we're very happy!

Mentioned this the other day , re: MMRR - our trip is 7/14, and the times and availability for MMRR was harder to get than FoP

I also did my FPs today and I thought the availability was exactly the same as it has been in the past. I don't think they are limiting the number of FPs anymore, like they were doing for trips in late May/June.

Could this be a sign that they expect things to be up and running, with a rather normal capacity?

I doubt they expect it to be anywhere near full capacity in July. Maybe there are fewer guest reservations and therefore less of a rush on FP+? Between possible cancelations coming, the mask requirements, etc., I'm guessing lots of people have thrown in the towel on July already.

I doubt they expect it to be anywhere near full capacity in July. Maybe there are fewer guest reservations and therefore less of a rush on FP+? Between possible cancelations coming, the mask requirements, etc., I'm guessing lots of people have thrown in the towel on July already.

We got all of ours, but SDD & MMRR were the only tough ones we tried for... this trip is catering to 3 & 1 yo grandkids.

What really makes me think a bunch of people are bailing is the abundance of DVC villas & ADRs available. Things I couldn’t get at originally are available for multiple days/and or times. Storybook Dining was the one I was looking for... even saw some ‘Ohana that wasn’t after 9 pm.

I don't begin booking until September, I hope for more availability than what others are experiencing now. It's a big deal for us, my wife suffers from multiple foot issues and she requires frequent breaks throughout the day so we usually FP nearly every ride throughout the day, booking the hardest 3 in advance.

Mid July, there are some attractions which appear to preemptively not included in any park re-openining scenarios as these are not available for booking:

"FastPass+ Service Unavailable"
AK:
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
UP! A Great Bird Adventure

EPCOT:
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk With Crush

*Spaceship Earth is also listed under this header but as we know, it was scheduled for refurbishment, still hoping Team Disney changes their mind.

Mid July, there are some attractions which appear to preemptively not included in any park re-openining scenarios as these are not available for booking:

"FastPass+ Service Unavailable"
AK:
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
UP! A Great Bird Adventure

EPCOT:
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk With Crush

*Spaceship Earth is also listed under this header but as we know, it was scheduled for refurbishment, still hoping Team Disney changes their mind.
I don’t disbelieve that you are seeing this, because Disney IT, but all of the options above show up for me and/or I have already booked fastpasses for them (July 20-31).

I don’t disbelieve that you are seeing this, because Disney IT, but all of the options above show up for me and/or I have already booked fastpasses for them (July 20-31).

Same here and not doubting anyone, but we are booked for July 14, and have FPS for almost all of those listed ( SE wasn't an option )

I just made my FP for a 6 day trip beginning 7/23. Availability was normal from what I could tell. MMRR was available at 60+4 and 60+5. I got Peter Pan at 9:30 am on 60+1. I got everything I wanted. Now we'll see IF the parks are open (seems likely) and which of the attractions, dining, and shows get cut. Fingers crossed.

I booked at 60 but today would be our 30 day window. Disney must still be allowing FP booking in June because many of the things are now all sold out that have been available previously.

I made our fastpasses this morning for a 7/23 check-in. I was able to get everything I wanted, except MMRR. We'll ropedrop that the morning we go for the RotR BG. I also logged on 2 hours late because I forgot to set an alarm.

I was booking FOP for 60+4 and there was only 3 time slots available for the evening. This work with out touring plan for the day, so I didn't bother me. But that may have thrown a wrench in other people's plans.

I've also been playing with FP times all morning. I booked what I could, and then kept modifying until I found the right time to fit into our plans. Ex: moving a Splash FT from 1:55 to 12:25, even thought 12:25 didn't show in the original options.

Here’s hoping that July trips will still happen, but just FYI when I booked FPs for my mid July trip, I barely got any headliners when booking at 7am a few weeks ago. Since then, I’ve modified to include every headliner including FoP and MMRR. So there is hope... just keep swimming. I mean modifying 😄

A curious thing I noted on my fourth :-)sad2:) round of FP selections this summer:

Again, garbage at 7:00 am. FoP was available at 60+7, and not before (I checked every day). Zero MMRR my entire trip (8 days). MF:SR partially available in the evenings some days. And this was for two people- not even a large group.

And then... I went to modify something. This was around 7:15. All of a sudden, I had MMRR availability around noon. FoP was magically available, but only if I modified.

We actually got everything I wanted, within reason. (Not that any of this matters, because there’s a 95% chance we’re cancelling.)

For the moment, it does look like availability has tightened again. SDMT is the one bright spot booking at 0 days out. MMRR and MSFR is at 7 days, SDD is at 6 days with 1 day in the middle open, and Avatar is at 5 days.

I think the answer to the bouncing availability may be guests cancelling their own reservations. It only take 4FP's to pop open for the Dibb to change availability status. But who knows, the fluid FP situation is puzzling to say the least.

Cross post from the news forum

Apologies if this has been posted, but trying to finish fastpasses for August and many attractions are unavailable. This is for 74 days from today (August 8) so not likely a demand issue.

From what I can tell, it’s all meet and greets. Some surprising extras to me are the Safari, Spaceship Earth, and the Nemo ride. As someone there suggested, perhaps they’re closing the Seas pavilion due to all the touch points.

Magic Kingdom

Epcot

Hollywood Studios

Animal Kingdom (plus the UP show)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter