Lack of FP+ options

Weird things going on with FP+. We made ours last Tuesday. I was going in to modify a few things and a lot of our choices were changed from being a group of 4 to each of them being booked separately, but all 5 minutes apart from each other. Anyone else have that happen? I went back in and changed them on those that I could, just to make my list of FP's easier to read. Strange.....

Last edited:
I just wish they would cancel my darn trip if it isn't going to happen. I really don't want to have to do the futile task of booking FPs twice: first for possibly 9 days and then later for 2 days. I have a back up plan to extend our trip in case our cruise in the middle doesn't happen. Plus, I am going to have to add days to the original tickets. I do plan to convert them to APs, because we have a trip booked for November, and they are flexible date. It just seems like a lot of work, when I suspect they will either cancel our hotel, not open the parks, or not use FPs. Oh well, first world problems. At least I have running water and soap.

I booked our FP today for our July 8-15th trip, first two days were pretty bad, but we ended up with most everything we wanted with just a few days changing around to fit it in. Arrival day would have been good to go with the headliners at MK (aside from mine train, it was the only one not available), but they were all in the late afternoon/evening and messed with our dining reservation that is not in MK. I started at the end of our trip at 60+7 for our HS day and had a choice of MMRR or SDD for pretty much any time in the morning we wanted, we went with SDD and will RD MMRR at some point in our trip, also got TSM and ToT easily with times I wanted. At 60+1, our first full day and DHs first time to HS there were zero FP that made any sense, they were all shows or Star Tours, so we're just gonna RD and see what happens; since we don't know what disney is doing yet for rides I figure we'll just wing it and be fine. We have an Oga's ADR that day that we hope we get to keep, and as of right now no FP since we have V&A for dinner and that's a long meal, I'll keep an eye out for more FP as we get closer to the trip (now I have something to do). I was able to get all the headliners at MK more than once, and everything at AK (FOP isn't at a good time for us, but I'll keep trying to change it, or we'll just deal with it). We already plan on getting in line at park close for FOP on another day so we're fine with it.

So basically, beginning of trip (7/8-7/10) was rough but we're good with it, end of trip had amazing availability aside from FOP which just had times we didn't like. I figured beginning would be rough with people coming for July 4th week, so I wasn't surprised. At this point I just want to be able to go.

I can’t even say that...hot water tank busted this morning. I do have soap though, so there’s that. lol
Technically, you have running water....it's just not running where you want it to....

We had "flooding" in the basement last week.... Yay for running water?

My Mom mentioned that we should plan a trip to Disney while they're only letting people in up to 50% capacity. I told her that they're very likely adjusting their staffing and ride capacity in order to accommodate social distancing...so pathways might be clear, but lines won't necessarily be shorter or more manageable.
I suppose if DH wasn't high risk for COVID19 and could handle the heat, I might be willing to give it a try.

I booked our FP today for our July 8-15th trip, first two days were pretty bad, but we ended up with most everything we wanted with just a few days changing around to fit it in. Arrival day would have been good to go with the headliners at MK (aside from mine train, it was the only one not available), but they were all in the late afternoon/evening and messed with our dining reservation that is not in MK. I started at the end of our trip at 60+7 for our HS day and had a choice of MMRR or SDD for pretty much any time in the morning we wanted, we went with SDD and will RD MMRR at some point in our trip, also got TSM and ToT easily with times I wanted. At 60+1, our first full day and DHs first time to HS there were zero FP that made any sense, they were all shows or Star Tours, so we're just gonna RD and see what happens; since we don't know what disney is doing yet for rides I figure we'll just wing it and be fine. We have an Oga's ADR that day that we hope we get to keep, and as of right now no FP since we have V&A for dinner and that's a long meal, I'll keep an eye out for more FP as we get closer to the trip (now I have something to do). I was able to get all the headliners at MK more than once, and everything at AK (FOP isn't at a good time for us, but I'll keep trying to change it, or we'll just deal with it). We already plan on getting in line at park close for FOP on another day so we're fine with it.

So basically, beginning of trip (7/8-7/10) was rough but we're good with it, end of trip had amazing availability aside from FOP which just had times we didn't like. I figured beginning would be rough with people coming for July 4th week, so I wasn't surprised. At this point I just want to be able to go.

Booked this morning - miscalculated my date and was two days late booking - got everything but few weird things - times and availability for FoP were better than MMRR !
(Trip is 7/14) and was able to book any tier 1 (or 2 for that matter more than once a day)

One day was able to get FoP in the afternoon AND evening

Booked this morning - miscalculated my date and was two days late booking - got everything but few weird things - times and availability for FoP were better than MMRR !
(Trip is 7/14) and was able to book any tier 1 (or 2 for that matter more than once a day)

One day was able to get FoP in the afternoon AND evening

That wasn't what I experienced for the first few days of my 7/12 trip. I couldn't 7DMT until 7pm at night. Even EE and KS I had to get in the afternoon and no FOP for our first AK day. However, I, actually MDE, was having an issue and couldn't get in until 8 minutes after.

I’m hunting for HS for 7/8 for a short three day trip. Just shows when I went to book, but since then I have been stalking and refreshing and have seen SDD, TSM, SM, RNR all pop up. I grabbed SDD and TSM but really want MMRR (and times aren't ideal.) I’m still stalking but hopeful I can change things around. I definitely feel like folks with short trips will struggle outside of MK.

Oddly, I have not see AS2 at all!

I’m hunting for HS for 7/8 for a short three day trip. Just shows when I went to book, but since then I have been stalking and refreshing and have seen SDD, TSM, SM, RNR all pop up. I grabbed SDD and TSM but really want MMRR (and times aren't ideal.) I’m still stalking but hopeful I can change things around. I definitely feel like folks with short trips will struggle outside of MK.

Oddly, I have not see AS2 at all!

60+ 4 only time that was available for MMRR was 7:35pm

New to the thread but FP day is quickly approaching. One question, sorry if this has already been discussed, what about dining reservations? I booked those 180 days out, but if they reduce the seating capacity, any idea about how they are going to decide who gets to keep the reservation? CRT, Sci-Fi and Raglan Road if it adds to the discussion. CRT is probably the one we are most set on, as our youngest is about over princesses and we want to do it one last time.

New to the thread but FP day is quickly approaching. One question, sorry if this has already been discussed, what about dining reservations? I booked those 180 days out, but if they reduce the seating capacity, any idea about how they are going to decide who gets to keep the reservation? CRT, Sci-Fi and Raglan Road if it adds to the discussion. CRT is probably the one we are most set on, as our youngest is about over princesses and we want to do it one last time.
The only fair way I see of doing it is cancelling in reverse order from the date the reservation was made. Meaning the older the reservation the better chance of keeping it.

The only fair way I see of doing it is cancelling in reverse order from the date the reservation was made. Meaning the older the reservation the better chance of keeping it.
I would say the same thing about selecting who gets into which park. I bought my date-specific tickets in February for my August trip.

There has been no indication from Disney how this will be handled. It will definitely be interesting.

Just wanted to share my experience for those wondering about mid-July.

Have reservation from July 16-22 so made reservations yesterday AM right at 7 AM Eastern.
-Days 4 and 5 are for Hollywood. I didn't check any days before then. Day 4 didn't have MMRR at all, I got it Day 5 at 4:00.
-Day 4 I wound up getting SDD. Earliest time available was at 4:30.
-Otherwise, all the other HS attractions were available and easy. I noticed Millenium Falcon had availability those days, but I chose SDD and MMRR instead.
-Day 6 was AK. I got FoP with no problem in the AM.

-For the first 3 days, I did MK.
-Day 1, I was only looking for rides after 4:00, got Peter Pan, Space and Big Thunder.
-Day 2, easy to get except no 7DMT.
-Day 3, I got 7DMT, but not until 3:00 in the afternoon.

So in summary, compared to normal, the only things that seemed a little harder to get were 7DMT, SDD, and MMRR, and of course, I've never tried for MMRR before, so really didn't have an experience to compare.

Just wanted to share my experience for those wondering about mid-July.

Have reservation from July 16-22 so made reservations yesterday AM right at 7 AM Eastern.
-Days 4 and 5 are for Hollywood. I didn't check any days before then. Day 4 didn't have MMRR at all, I got it Day 5 at 4:00.
-Day 4 I wound up getting SDD. Earliest time available was at 4:30.
-Otherwise, all the other HS attractions were available and easy. I noticed Millenium Falcon had availability those days, but I chose SDD and MMRR instead.
-Day 6 was AK. I got FoP with no problem in the AM.

-For the first 3 days, I did MK.
-Day 1, I was only looking for rides after 4:00, got Peter Pan, Space and Big Thunder.
-Day 2, easy to get except no 7DMT.
-Day 3, I got 7DMT, but not until 3:00 in the afternoon.

So in summary, compared to normal, the only things that seemed a little harder to get were 7DMT, SDD, and MMRR, and of course, I've never tried for MMRR before, so really didn't have an experience to compare.
Thank you so much for this information! My FP day is tomorrow and I've seen so many discouraging posts about nothing available. Its just 2 of us in our party so I'm hoping to get most everything. MMRR is day 6 of our trip , FOP is day 4, and MFSR is day 3. Also 7DMT is days 5 or 7. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Thank you so much for this information! My FP day is tomorrow and I've seen so many discouraging posts about nothing available. Its just 2 of us in our party so I'm hoping to get most everything. MMRR is day 6 of our trip , FOP is day 4, and MFSR is day 3. Also 7DMT is days 5 or 7. Keeping our fingers crossed!
Our fast pass day in tomorrow too. We are booking for a party of 4, so I'm a little worried.
Hope we both get good results!

Our fast pass day in tomorrow too. We are booking for a party of 4, so I'm a little worried.
Me too! Good luck to you! I keep reminding myself that we can ride stuff without FPs lol. I'm willing to stand in line for a couple of the new attractions. Flight of Passage is a priority as well as Mickey & Minnie. I could live without the Star Wars rides if we must! I'll report back tomorrow.

Well, FP day went great! We got everything we wanted including Flight of passage, Mickey & Minnie, Millennium falcon, and Mine train. We also got Space mt, Splash mt, Big Thunder mt, Everest, and a bunch of others. Millenium falcon was day 3 of our trip and nothing before 5:50 pm. Mickey & Minnie was day 6 and nothing before 3:00. We didnt try for Slinky Dog. Overall, we're very happy!

Well, FP day went great! We got everything we wanted including Flight of passage, Mickey & Minnie, Millennium falcon, and Mine train. We also got Space mt, Splash mt, Big Thunder mt, Everest, and a bunch of others. Millenium falcon was day 3 of our trip and nothing before 5:50 pm. Mickey & Minnie was day 6 and nothing before 3:00. We didnt try for Slinky Dog. Overall, we're very happy!
I also did my FPs today and I thought the availability was exactly the same as it has been in the past. I don't think they are limiting the number of FPs anymore, like they were doing for trips in late May/June.

Could this be a sign that they expect things to be up and running, with a rather normal capacity?

We booked our fast passes today too. We got everything we wanted as well. We did have AK as our 3rd day but there was no FOP fast passes so we moved it to day 7 and got it at 12:20 as the earliest. We got MFSR at 12:00 as the earliest on day 6 and got RRMR for day 8 at 1:25 as the earliest. To be honest my excitement was not there this morning because I do feel like we will cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter