Lack of December information has me going crazy!

6loversofdisney

DIS Veteran
I can't take this day by day release!

I need to make ADRs on 6/15. I have everything mapped out but really want to make the best plans for our trip and I need park hours to do so.

Plus I need to know when the Candlelight Processional is and who the speakers are.

Disney is adding to an already stressful experience for me.

Plus, is JB at AK going to be daily until ROL opens?

I'm so confused!

Last edited:

I need to make ADRs on 6/15. I have everything mapped out but really want to make the best plans for our trip and I need park hours to do so.

Plus I need to know when the Candlelight Processional is and who the speakers are.

Plus, is JB at HS going to be daily until ROL opens?

I'm so confused!
Don't sweat it. Even if park hours are out, they will still change closer to your arrival dates. Always have back up plans. When you make your ADR's, make an extra ADR for your "must do" restaurants on a different day/different time and cancel when you are ready.

I agree, don't get crazy. For the CP, you may not know who speakers are until July and even then there will be TBD on several nights. Book the night that works well for you in your overall planning.

Look at last years to figure out basic hours and events. Book according to that and make your changes if need be.

Remember that DIsney makes changes a lot, so if you book PPO breakfasts, be prepared to drop them or keep them, depending on your strategy. Are you there to eat or to jump start your day?

I always book a few ADR's that I want but am not sure how they will play once the schedule is released. I suggest you do that as well. There is a lot to be said about JIC ADR's held while you tweak your plans. For my family those JIC ADR's are the PPO meals, one planned for each park. For you they may be meals in the park at lunch or dinnertime. I know that we only will use one or two, but my overall plan may not be firm when I need to book, and I like early entry once or twice a trip. But never after a late night the evening before.

My ADR day is June 13, and so I have mapped out a basic plan with dining included in a spreadsheet. I will book all the ADR's that we want as well as the ADR's that are dependent upon times that will be released later. I will let them "extra's" go as soon as I firm up the plan which I base on the hours and times that eventually are released.

Plus, is JB at HS going to be daily until ROL opens?

I'm so confused!

Feeling your pain, I have to make my ADR's on Friday! I do think for the last month of the year, Disney should just release them. I think with all the stuff over at AK with ROL and HS having lots of stuff closed they are unsure what to do.

Yes I know the hours can change but it's nice to just have a base plan for when we book our ADR's. Especially for the still hard to get ones which can't just be moved around, such as BOG.

Morning everyone! I called Disney this morning, and they just released the entire month of December 2016 hours! I've been in the same boat; ADRs next week, and no crowd calendars have been available to help us make park/ADR decisions because no hours were posted. Good luck!
yay!! let the tweaking begin!

I literally checked it before I made the post so I will look again. It would make my plans easier if it was released!

I have firm places that we must do! They are our family favorites!

PS...I guess I need to call cuz I just checked and the website still goes up to the 4th only.

I literally checked it before I made the post so I will look again. It would make my plans easier if it was released!

I have firm places that we must do! They are our family favorites!

PS...I guess I need to call cuz I just checked and the website still goes up to the 4th only.

What I did was extrapolate from the previous week. I figured each day would be pretty much the same one week to the next so I had the basics down. With BOG, for example, MVMCP days are already listed and are probably the same from week to week. I figured I could work around that. The rest of my must does shouldn't be as hard as those. Of course, I also go twice a year so what I miss this trip, I can do next time around.

Morning everyone! I called Disney this morning, and they just released the entire month of December 2016 hours! I've been in the same boat; ADRs next week, and no crowd calendars have been available to help us make park/ADR decisions because no hours were posted. Good luck!
I just got off the phone with 2 separate CM and they both stated that they only have hours up until the end of November and are thinking you were given December 2015 hours by mistake?????

Has anyone seen EMH days change at last min? I'm skipping the holiday party this year for cost reasons, but hoping for just 1 nite in MK during our trip. We can't be there over a Sat. Wed has usually been the only other EMH night for MK in Dec. Do you think that's liable to change?

I just got off the phone with 2 separate CM and they both stated that they only have hours up until the end of November and are thinking you were given December 2015 hours by mistake?????
I suppose anything is possible, given CMs!, lol, but I just called back again and was given the same info (I only needed 12/3, 12/4 and 12/5; I already had prior dates):

12/3
MK 9-10 (EMH 8am)
EP 9-9:30
HS 9-7 (EMH 7-9pm)
AK 9-5 (CM says these hrs will definitely change with ROL coming)

12/4
MK 9-7
HS 9-7 (EMH 8am)
AK 9-5

12/5
MK 9-10
HS 9-7
AK 9-5

These times are subject to change, of course, but at least it's a starting point to make park/ADR choices...assuming what they told me is correct! :rolleyes:

Anything is possible, of course, but MVMCP is every Sun, Tues, Thurs and Fri throughout December with the exception of Dec 20th. Sat, Dec 3rd has no EMH listed at all. One would hope Disney would give guests at least one evening MK EMH given that over half of the evenings are MVMCP.

I suppose anything is possible, given CMs!, lol, but I just called back again and was given the same info (I only needed 12/3, 12/4 and 12/5; I already had prior dates):

12/3
MK 9-10 (EMH 8am)
HS 9-7 (EMH 7-9pm)
AK 9-5 (CM says these hrs will definitely change with ROL coming)

12/4
MK 9-7
HS 9-7 (EMH 8am)
AK 9-5

12/5
MK 9-10
HS 9-7
AK 9-5

These times are subject to change, of course, but at least it's a starting point to make park/ADR choices...assuming what they told me is correct! :rolleyes:
Ahhh! I have those dates already, they are online. I'm booking until the 13th and can make reservations starting Monday! Sure hope they get them up today! Fingers crossed!

Thanks so much! You know, we really aren't that picky! I mean it's Disney - we are just THRILLED to be there! We have a couple favorites but staying for a couple of weeks usually ensures we get to do them atleast once :)
What a great reminder to not sweat the small stuff!

Thank you so very much for posting this! I called around 1 this afternoon and ended up getting a fantastic agent. She checked a couple resources and found all the hours I wanted for my whole trip 12th to the 24th. She had hours for HS ending at 5 each day which we all know wasn't accurate but everything else like emh and party nights helps me so very greatly! Thank you again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter