Labor Day Weekend

Kristen'smom

Mouseketeer
Who's been to WDW during the Labor Day Weekend? How are the crowds?

In the Water parks? Epcot? How about the traffic on I95 for those who drive down that way?

Thanks in advance!! :thumbsup2

Having gone during 2 labor days previously my experience has been:

The actual labor day weekend is a LITTLE bit more crowded, but surprisingly it's not that crowded. Monday is a little crowded, but again not bad. Tuesday it starts emptying out and the whole rest of the week you pretty much have the park to yourself.

I have a video of me riding Splash mountain, the 2 logs in front of me going down the hill are completely empty, then I come along the only person in my log, and then the 3 logs behind me were empty. When I pulled in to the loading area they asked me if I wanted to just keep going or get out... of course I rode it like 3 times :p

So yeah, I love going that first week of September and Labor day weekend, of all the major holidays it is probably the "lowest" holiday at WDW.

I've been there many times on Labor Day (finally made the move to FL after the last labor day trip). It's a great time to go. I would advise not going to MK on the actual holiday weekend, but the week after is wonderful. On the holiday, we would hit DSH or Epcot, and it was really good.

I've been there many times on Labor Day (finally made the move to FL after the last labor day trip). It's a great time to go. I would advise not going to MK on the actual holiday weekend, but the week after is wonderful. On the holiday, we would hit DSH or Epcot, and it was really good.

In our experience, whatever park is hosting "Night of Joy" that weekend (it's for local church youth groups and they invite a ton of Christian singers to a large concert that evening) is usually the busy park, the rest are usually pretty empty. I know 2 years ago it was EPCOT, and last year it was MK. I heard this year it is MGM, so just avoid MGM that night and you should be good to go.

Ive been the last 3 Labor Days.. We usually fly out on the Friday before and leave on Monday (Labor Day).. Im excited because this year we are flying out early Saturday morning and are staying until the Thursday after Labor Day.. I cant wait to be in the parks when they arent so crowded..

That being said.. there are crowds.. However we get to the parks at opening and stay til about 3 and then head to the hotel to take a nap.. we then come back a few hours later and refreshed and stay til closing.. we usually go to the park that has the EMH that night.. so we get to stay for a good amount of time..

We ride as much as we can early in the day.. we get fastpasses on most everything we are able to.. while we are waiting for our time to come so that we can ride that ride, we ride the other rides that we dont need FP for..

Honestly, even with the crowds, we dont normally wait more than about 15 minutes in any line.. its a rare occasion when we wait longer.. I think its a great time of the year to go..

You will have a great time.. Just take advantage of Fast pass, being at the parks at opening, taking a mid day break and staying for EMH..

I'm going for a quick in/out this Labor Day - arriving late Friday night, leaving Monday afternoon. I'm not even planning to go to the parks at all, except to eat at EPCOT. The whole trip is for my son's birthday so he can play in Stormalong Bay.

Thanks for this thread... I was wondering about the crowds around Labor Day as well. We are arriving on Saturday and staying until the next Saturday. DH keeps saying he thinks its a mistake going over labor Day Weekend... but I remind him that even if it is busy those first three days.... we may get lucky Tuesday/Weds/Thurs/Fri?

Thanks for this thread... I was wondering about the crowds around Labor Day as well. We are arriving on Saturday and staying until the next Saturday. DH keeps saying he thinks its a mistake going over labor Day Weekend... but I remind him that even if it is busy those first three days.... we may get lucky Tuesday/Weds/Thurs/Fri?

It's the lowest holiday, and with everyone not wanting their kids to miss the first day of school the parks are always relatively empty.

You do see a large amount of "young families" (those with 5 and under kids who aren't in school yet) but they aren't going to compete in line with you for Splash Mountain or Soarin or anything ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter