Labor Day Weekend, is it a mistake?

Djibouti

Earning My Ears
It looks like I may be visiting Disneyland 9/7 & 9/8 because it works out best for mine and my husband's work schedules. Is this a mistake though? Is it really that busy during that weekend??

Not sure about crowd levels, but the half marathon (and marathon? not sure) are that weekend.

Get in early and collect FP, and get out for an afternoon break.

Kim

We'll be there. This is only our second trip so I can't say what the crowds will be like, but I'm there for the run.

On Saturday there is a 5k (3.1 miles) on Main Street. Sunday is the half marathon. This means the parks will open slightly later than usual.

I hear its hard to predict how the crowds will be. The Deluxe annual passes will be blocked out saturday and sunday.

We'll be there. This is only our second trip so I can't say what the crowds will be like, but I'm there for the run.

On Saturday there is a 5k (3.1 miles) on Main Street. Sunday is the half marathon. This means the parks will open slightly later than usual.

I hear its hard to predict how the crowds will be. The Deluxe annual passes will be blocked out saturday and sunday.

I will be there for the run too! Really looking forward to it. Heard so many good things!

I was there last year for Labor Day weekend and didn't find the crowds unreasonable. It was crowded, but I felt it was much busier during the Candlelight Processional weekend last December.

at least most things will be up and running - one of the benefits of going at a busier time. :)

We will be there too! Plan is to arrive early, collect FPs, swim in the afternoon and go back at night to use our FPs. We hope it is manageable.

It looks like I may be visiting Disneyland 9/7 & 9/8 because it works out best for mine and my husband's work schedules. Is this a mistake though? Is it really that busy during that weekend??

You should be fine with the 8th. The only day you woud have heavy crowds is the 7th. The 7th is not blacked out for most season pass holders and kids/families have the day off for the holiday. The 5th and 6th should be ok as well since those days are black out days for season pass holders. The best thing to do is get your FP's first thing in the morning and work from the back of the park to the front. That always works for us and we are their every weekend:banana: Hope this helps.

I'm hoping the end of the week isn't too bad. I will be ther the 9th to the 12th. I think everyone is back in school by then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter