Labeling my stroller from home?

SunshineSusie

Earning My Ears
I've seen several pictures of stroller "license plates" at WDW is this a must have if you are taking your own stroller from home?
Or is this usually only for those that are renting them?
If it's a must have item for WDW, any tips on where to get a fun one?
Thanks!

We just used a big orange luggage tag on the handle with our name and number (I wouldn't put address) and we also hung our Mardi Gras beads from POFQ on the handle as well for extra identification.

We just used a big orange luggage tag on the handle with our name and number (I wouldn't put address) and we also hung our Mardi Gras beads from POFQ on the handle as well for extra identification.

You get Mardi Gras beads at POFQ??? Oh man me booked the wrong PO :(. My kids love beads, I bought some at the dollar store for them to play with in line a d on the drive up.

Last year,we tied a brightly colored bandana to the handle so we could easily identify it among the masses, but unfortunately others had the same idea and red was a popular choice... I am rethinking this years strategy.

Someone in the DIS creative community makes them. I forget who, but you can search "stroller license plates". I usually request one, then print it and laminate it. I also tie a bunch of Disney ribbon on the handles. It just makes it easier to pick out of the stroller corral. I also worry less about someone "accidentally" walking off with it.

You get Mardi Gras beads at POFQ??? Oh man me booked the wrong PO :(. My kids love beads, I bought some at the dollar store for them to play with in line a d on the drive up.

Haha. Yes, we got a bunch of Mardi Gras Beads from CMs, usually while eating breakfast if I remember correctly. We have a Phil and Teds, so whoever was sitting in the back seat of the stroller got to play with the beads that were hanging down from the handle. There was also a nice man who was dressed up in a hat with feathers at the front door who would always give the kids special coins to make wishes in the fountain. One morning we took a different route to the bus stop and didn't go through the lobby and my son was like, "Where's my coin?" :)

You should go visit POFQ. It has a little more of a festive feeling than POR. We walked over to Riverside one night for dinner and it was a nice walk.

Haha. Yes, we got a bunch of Mardi Gras Beads from CMs, usually while eating breakfast if I remember correctly. We have a Phil and Teds, so whoever was sitting in the back seat of the stroller got to play with the beads that were hanging down from the handle. There was also a nice man who was dressed up in a hat with feathers at the front door who would always give the kids special coins to make wishes in the fountain. One morning we took a different route to the bus stop and didn't go through the lobby and my son was like, "Where's my coin?" :)

You should go visit POFQ. It has a little more of a festive feeling than POR. We walked over to Riverside one night for dinner and it was a nice walk.

Sounds like fun! We might head over one night to check it out. I am sure the kids are going to want to explore everything.

My stroller is belonged out in led lights!! Try stealing that one without a thousand people noticing!!!

We use an umbrella stroller that I customized with my own fabric. Originally I did it because I had purchased the stroller online, and when it arrived it was mostly PINK instead of the RED I thought it was when I saw it online. DH wasn't too happy at the thought of pushing our son around in a hot pink stroller and our trip was just a week or so away at that point, so I didn't have enough time to send it back and get a different one. So I used Christmas fabric (our last trip took place in December 2009) to cover the pink - and it turned out it made a fantastic way to make our stroller stand apart from all the others!!

Of course this doesn't work with rental strollers, but for those that own theirs, and are handy with a thread and needle it cost me about 3 dollars in fabric and some of my time. I still have the stroller and have updated it to a different pattern for our upcoming trip this September for our youngest to use. Just thought I'd throw that out there!

If you go to the "Just For Fun" category on the DISBoards and choose "Creative DISigns", you can request a personalized Disney license plate for your stroller. They're super cute!! You'll have to read the "welcome" post & figure out which DISigner does the personalized plates though.

We had one from the DISign board here. Pretty simple: It had a picture of Mickey Mouse and "This is (my son's name)'s stroller" along with the month and year like on vehicle plates.

Funniest one I ever saw was a tag that said, "If you steal this stroller, my owner will chase you." :rotfl:

I bought a bunting/party banner from target party section and ziptied it to the handle bar (it's a double stroller) and it was always easy to find. Will probably do something like that again in the future as well.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter