LA & SD day trips from Anaheim - best days?

RatherB@Disney

Ohana means Family, and Family means.......
We will be staying at VGC for a week in late June, from Wednesday to Wednesday. We are planning day trips to Universal Studios/the Petersen Automotive museum and San Diego.

Based upon what I've heard about SoCal traffic as well as DLR weekend crowds, we are likely planning the day trips for the weekend. I've heard that when driving from Anaheim to either location, it's best to leave before 7am or after 10am, and for the return trip - before 3pm or after 6 pm. Are there "avoid if you can" drive times on the weekend too?

We are flexible on our days. With the crowds expected at US for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, would it be better to go there during a weekday? I know it will be crowded regardless! We are planning to get the FOL pass.

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated!

There can be traffic at any time on weekends. For Universal I'd watch for Dodger game traffic and other events. For San Diego traffic for Padre games isn't quite as bad but I'd check the schedule at Del Mar as you'll pass that and for big stakes there can be traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter