• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

La Nouba?

jmillanon

Earning My Ears
I've wanted to see Cirque Du Soleil for over five years, and it's kind of important to me that I take a little bit of time for *me* during our vacation. I'm 27 years old, and this is my first vacation ever. That said, I fully intend not to bring my kids along. I have a 4 and 7 year old. I plan to tuck them in one evening, and go see the 9pm show of La Nouba.

I'm trying to decide whether to go with Kid's Night Out or Fairy Godmothers. I have a few questions; How much does Fairy Godmothers charge? How much time should I allot for traveling to DTD? If the show is at 9, would I be safe to leave the Caribbean Beach Resort at 8pm? How long is the show?

Thanks in advance!

If I recall correctly, the show is about 1.5 hours. Can't recommend a babysitting company but wanted to suggest you change your subject line to "Kids Night Out or Fairy Godmothers Babysitting" as you will likely get more input if people know what your question is.

Enjoy La Nouba; it's the best of all the Cirque shows we've seen!

The show is 90 min but you want to get there at least 30 min early to see the pre-show. I would leave the hotel by 7:30, a little earlier if you are picking up your tickets at will call.

I would probably leave your resort around 7:00. 7:30 at the latest. Disney transportation can be...unpredictable at times, and I wouldn't want to risk my $75-$100 ticket. La Nouba is at the very FAR end of downtown disney. Plus there is about 15-30 minutes of preshow you just should NOT miss...hilarious stuff.

The show is 1.5 hours long. It is VERY worth it in every respect. I've seen it 3 times already and will most certainly be seeing it again. You can probably be back at your resort by 11:30, midnight at the latest.

Maybe you've already decided, but I'd recomment Kids Nite Out (not necessarily OVER the other option since I've never used that one). We were VERY pleased with KNO - the sitter arrived on time, was warm toward us and my niece, brought things to do with her, and asked all the right questions (bed time routine, potty-trained or not, favorite stuffed animals, has she eaten, food allergies, etc.). It didn't bother us at all that some of these questions were on the reservation form; I took it as double-checking and being thorough. My niece - 3 at the time - took to the babysitter right away and gave us a distracted wave as we left her. We called shortly thereafter (can't recall why) and the sitter was not at all annoyed with us. It was a wonderful experience, and if we ever need a sitter again because a child with us is too young to use the resort services, we'd use KNO in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter