• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

La Nouba, worth the money?

I haven't seen La Nouba, but DH & I saw Mystère in Vegas last year. It's a good thing that our tickets were very cheap because honestly, we just didn't "get it". The performance was good, but we both thought that it was just an overpriced, French circus. To each his own, I guess.

You can purchase discount category 2 tickets thru Ticketmania, MapleLeaf and FloridaOrlandoTickets. They all pretty much charge the same price, with Ticketmania offering free shipping.

A definate must see I have seen it twice once when it first opened and again a few years later. One of the best things I have ever done at Disney--well worth the money

I wanted to do something special for our last full night at WDW, so booked Level 1 seats, Sect 103 row F, seats 1, 2, & 3 for our trip a couple of weeks ago. I booked the 9:00pm show. After I did, I got really nervous, what if this wasn't my son and 8 y/o GDs cup of tea and after a full day in the parks would my GD be able to stay awake? I shouldn't have worried, they both loved it. Before the show my son told me I was crazy to pay that much for a single show, but afterwards he said it was easily worth twice what we paid. Both my GD and her dad have a hard time staying still for more than a few minutes, but didn't even move during the show and was upset 90 minutes later when the show finished. When her GF picked up at the airport he asked my GD if she enjoyed her first trip to WDW and she started talking about La Nouba (not the rides, show, animals, hotels, ect). It is definitely worth the money. Coming out of the show all we heard was 'that was great' and 'how did they do that'. The one thing I would have changed is that I would have booked seats a little higher. Alot of the preshow stuff happened on the walkway between sects 103 and 204 and to see it we had to look backwards and alot of the show is up in the air, so we were looking up alot. The theater is small and was made just for LaNouba so I don't think there are really any bad seats in the house, unless maybe you're on the very end of Secs 101, 105, 206, or 201 next to the wall.

Yes Well worth the money. What an awsome show. None stop action the whole 90 mins.

Here's another "go" vote. I went in 2003 and I LOVED it! I did think it was loud in parts, but still very good :)

I hope you like it!

My family and I saw it on New Years Eve. It is excellent. Definitely go, you won't be sorry. Well worth the money!

I enjoyed it. Didn't quite love it the way I loved Mystere in Vegas because it felt a bit more child oriented. I've also enjoyed watching it on tv.

Yes ~ Go~ It's amazing, sit as close as you can to absorb everything....as for discounts, good luck finding them, if they exist, they're hiding...lol...but its worth it totally~!

I jotted down in my Dis notebook several weeks ago Category 3 seats $59. I have not looked into it as yet so don't know when/if available. But much less than the $80ish. Worth $100!! Fantastic, innovative, colorful, busy, magical show. Please go go go. :wizard:

We spent A LOT of money to see La Nouba, because we had to pay for childcare for our then 2 year old. It was worth it! We had a wonderful night out & loved the show!

I think we were in the front row of one of the back sections, close to the center of the theater, but not the center section. maybe 203? They were great seats! The pricing was different then, I think, and these were cheaper than the front section.

Bravo! Television has an educational series called "Bravo in the Classroom", which is geared toward classroom use to enhance arts and humanities studies. This month, they are featuring "Cirque du Soleil: Fire Within", which goes behind the scenes of the production as well as shows some of the performances. From what I understand, there are parts of the La Nouba show included in the series.

If you want to check the schedule out, go to this link:
http://www.bravotv.com/Schedule/sea...1&time_zone=ET&keyword=Bravo In The Classroom

I think it's only on a couple of more times this month.

I just bought my tickets. It is a surprise for my DH on our Anniverary trip in May. I had been tossing it around for quite a while and after reading all these great reviews I decided to go for it. I think got really good seats too. Section 203 FF seats 19 & 20. :jester:

wow! I guess there are lots of La Nouba fans on the budget board!

I went to the show with my hubby for our honeymoon. I had never seen anything quite like it. We had seats 3 rows from the stage. It was wonderful to be able to up close see the expressions on the actor's faces but it did cause some neck strain to watch events that took place literally above our heads. It was well worth the money I will echo everyone's sentiments but we were so tired from overdoing it in the parks (it was hubby's first visit).

My suggestion is that if you are staying long enough that you aren't necessarily coming to the show after a long day of touring you might enjoy it more. also, if you do it early on in the trip, it can make some of the shows at Disney World (which are wonderful in their own right) be not quite as magical. For example at Animal Kingdom there is a Lion King show that features some beautiful aeriel ballet but it was somewhat less impressive after watching La Nouba.

My husband loved La Nouba so much that he insisted we return a year later to see it. This time we sat in the second section, front row to the walkway and enjoyed that seating much more as we were still close enough to see everything but didn't have to strain ourselves. I think you'll be surprised to discover how small the setting is (as far as seating) and how grand it is (as far as staging).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter