LA/Hollywood with a teen

caribbound

DIS Veteran
I surprised my 16 yr old actress wannabe with a trip to LA scheduled for the end of the month. Have studio tix to Wendall and Vinnie, but looking for suggestions on what else to do and the best bang for the buck back lot tour. Hotel area that will be safe but moderate price, best place to maybe get a one day ticket to DLR if I can't fill the days otherwise, if I'll need a car, etc. Thanks in advance! Shouts out to all my old vmk friends. It's been too long and I hope to see a couple of you!

Carr

Hi, I can't really recommend hotels or anything as I always stay near DL, but I just got back from my trip to DL/LA where my mum and I did the Warner Bros Studio Tour. We loved it!! Very comprehensive, great guides, tons of surprises, famous sets like Friends, Big Bang Theory, Ellen, Conan etc plus street sets, props, costume areas and more and it really felt like we got our money's worth. I highly recommend it! Good luck with your trip planning & have fun!

Since Wendell & Vinnie is at WB, it might be a good idea to do the studio tour that day, then go to the taping. Just a heads up about those tickets, the shows save seats for their own VIPs, and give the rest of the seats to the ticket holders on a first come, first serve basis, but there is no way to know in advance how many seats they'll give away. If it is really important to see the show, plan on getting to the studio early, to make sure you're at the front of the line.

SMD said:
Since Wendell & Vinnie is at WB, it might be a good idea to do the studio tour that day, then go to the taping. Just a heads up about those tickets, the shows save seats for their own VIPs, and give the rest of the seats to the ticket holders on a first come, first serve basis, but there is no way to know in advance how many seats they'll give away. If it is really important to see the show, plan on getting to the studio early, to make sure you're at the front of the line.

Thanks for that tip. The tix say to arrive and hour early so hopefully that's enough. I'm amazed at the top recommended hotels all being in the $300 range. Really hoping Trylon is in a safe area or I find something else in that price range ($300 for entire trip). Still unsure if we're going to spend the $ on DLR if I can't connect with my old DIS friends from 6 years ago. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter