La Hacienda de San Angel or Coral Reef?

Barbara76

Mouseketeer
Which restaurant do you think we should choose for our anniversary dinner with kids (we have another one planned for just the 2 of us on another day). We haven't been to either, so it will be a new experience either way.

Thank you!

Coral Reef gets a lot of mixed reviews, so perhaps they may not be very consistent, BUT we had a very good meal at Coral Reef and we plan on going back. I had a really good steak there. The Baileys & Jack Daniels Chocolate Mousse dessert was very good as well. We have eaten at both places and our pick would be Coral Reef. We have eaten at Coral Reef 3 times. The first time was not very good, but we decided to try it again. The last 2 times we have eaten there, it was very good.

We have never eaten at La Hacienda but love CR! We have always had good food and service and enjoy looking at the tank. We do either an early lunch or early dinner so have not had a wait issue. My favorite dessert is the Chocolate Wave.

I would recommend La Hacienda. Great food and nice view. Don't plan on an Illumination s view however. Everyone requests a window table and in fact some windows face the wrong direction. If you happen to get one with a view it will be a bonus

We love La Hacienda. It's so pretty inside and we've never had a bad meal there. I've never been to Coral Reef.

I had this same dilemma. We decided to make an ADR for Coral Reef. We have eaten at La Hacienda but it was about 6 years ago. It was good but I decided to try something new. I think the tank will be a hit with the kids.

Which restaurant do you think we should choose for our anniversary dinner with kids (we have another one planned for just the 2 of us on another day). We haven't been to either, so it will be a new experience either way.

Thank you!

Coral Reef is uniquely-Disney in ambiance (same could be said of San Angel Inn, not to be confused with your question about La Hacienda San Angel).

Coral Reef certainly gets mixed reviews on food quality, although, my family always seems to enjoy the seafood-centric menu.

La Hacienda has better food. While seeing Illuminations from La Hacienda is kinda' possible, you should not count it.

We had an excellent meal at La Hacienda in November. We had an 8:30 reservation and the manager was able to seat everyone so they could see Illuminations, but they were not overly busy that night either.

Thanks everyone! I think we are going to go with Hacienda. It won't be near illuminations though so no worries about getting a window seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter