La Cellier or San Angel?

Fairydust.Indy

Earning My Ears
We are going with another family who has never been to WDW before....how fun for all us. We have been to San Angel in Mexico before....I love Mexican food. But I have heard so many great things about Le Cellier. We are staying the the YC, so Canada is closer. We have 4 adults, and 2 five yo DD! Should I switch from San Angel to La Cellier. What is the atmosphere for the 5 yo's at La Cellier? I know they will like the volcano and atmosphere at Mexico!:surfweb:

I really enjoy San Angel but Le Cellier is very nice as well. If i were you i would go with Le Cellier since it's be a new place for you to go. The food is great and the atmosphere is nice too. The kids will enjoy the waterfall just outside and last time i was there, they had a kidzone just outside the restaurant (i'm not sure if its always setup there)

Try le Cellier. We have had many great meals there. They have a fantastic dessert on kids menu -it is called somehting with S'Mores in the title.

and have ADR's at both for my August trip but I think the atmosphere at San Angel Inn would be way more appealing to the 5 year olds....the plaza setting, the way it looks like its evening, the boats passing by, the mariachi (sp?) band playing, the pyramid...well you get the picture!;) I like the food at both also....but I am not a picky eater and have never had a bad meal at WDW....bad service once or twice but never a bad meal.:goodvibes

San Angel used to be one of our favorite places, but our last time there we were very disappointed. The food and service were not good. On the other hand, LeCellier, was outstanding. You simply can't go wrong with LeCellier!:thumbsup2

Le Cellier is my vote. Good food, good service. We have eaten at San Angel and there is no comparrison. Enjoy!! :woohoo:

We were disappointed with San Angel last visit too. I think that is why I am reconsidering it. It has such a neat atmosphere though!! Thanks for all the input!

I would recommend Le Cellier. It was excellant, the beer and cheese soup and pretzels mmm. Service was excellant, atmosphere relaxing, and food is out of this world. Do make sure to make reservations beforehand. It is a crowd favorite.

Hubby and I loved San Angel Inn the food was delicious and the atmosphere was awesome. Le Cellier was also good but IMHO its more conservative and adult like experience, food and atmosphere. I don't know if your kids would enjoy Le Cellier as much as San Angel. Hope you have a great meal and time in whichever you decide you guys want to eat at.:thumbsup2

I'd say, go with Le Cellier. The atmosphere is a bit more formal than San Angel, but not much more. Plus the food is better at Le Cellier. Though, it really depends on your tastes. We tried San Angel last summer and the food was alright, but nothing special and the service wasn't too great either. Everytime we've been to Le Cellier the servers have been friendly and the food always fantastic.

We ate at both in June. Le Cellier was wonderful. San Angel was just okay. The reason we liked San Angel was the atmosphere, but right now the El Rio Del Tiempo is closed- see if it's reopened when you get there.

For the food factor, Le Cellier blows San Angel out of the water.

I would pick San Angel if atmosphere is most important, but if the food is most important definitely go to Le Cellier. By the way the Smores dessert is no longer available on the kids menu, it is on the adult menu.

The past few times I have been to San Angel have been disappointed also.

I have not done Le Cellier, but I think I may ne trying on next trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter