La Cava del Tequila with Photos

I can't wait to go here in October although I'm not a tequila fan, but DH is. I'm just excited about a new "bar" in Epcot - been to them all so many times, something new is welcome! Anyone who has been there know if you can get a beer in there, or is that frowned upon?? Thanks!

They have about 4 bottled beers, all of them Mexican, I think. Someone asked for an American beer. They don't have those.

Just wanted to pop back by and say how glad I am that y'all seem to be excited about this place. DH & I were so impressed with it, we've gone out, found the tequila we had at the bar, as well as found a recipe for sangrita that's similar to what we had at the bar, and we've been enjoying the experience at home now, too.

Probably not a good idea to expose you nice folks to those photos!

Looks like most questions have been answered by other posters, but I did want to emphasize to the poster who asked about homemade nachos in the tequila bar, but not in the restaurant. Yes, you are very, very correct. From what we saw and tasted, this is completely different from the standardized, prepackaged/overly-processed stuff in the restaurant and quick serve place outside.

I would compare it in some aspects to the mom and pop authentic Mexican eatery you might find in your hometown, but the exotic foams and salts and ingredients in the dishes and drinks bring it to a different level ... maybe an upscale martini bar type of place.

A wonderful addition to Epcot :lovestruc

Also, the only frozen margarita is the one that has fresh avocado in it. All the others are served on the rocks.

cant wait to try it!! Its nice that there are places that are doing homemade - different stuff!!

as for the homemade Sangria - try it with Cherry Brandy!! YUM!! (be careful its potent!!)

Sooooo can't wait to try this place....anyone know if there was a crazy wait for tables? Was hoping to stop here for appys and margaritas prior to our SAI ressie. Dying to try that guacamole, tostadas and a blood orange margarita!

Is this place considered a bar? We are dying to stop in, but we have our DS12. Does anyone know the proper protocol for older children?

Yes, it's a bar. Children can come in. They just can't order alcohol. There's one non-alcoholic beverage on the list - no soda or anything like that on the menu though. If they have soda at the bar you might be able to order one but I don't remember if they had it.

Oh wow. That looks amazing! One more place added to my EVER growing list of must sees in EP. Thanks for the great review!

Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait.

Hope we can get in, get in, get in, get in, get in, get in!

The guac is $6 and the tostadas are in the $10 range. I think the shrimp cocktails are $10. Chips and salsa, $3.50.

Thanks for posting! I am so adding this to our plans. I could make a meal of just chips and salsa....yum! I hope I can talk the hubby into having at least one margarita with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter