kttw

pwade

Earning My Ears
Do young travelers (age 7) get their own card and if so, do they have the charging privileges? TIA

Pat

they only get charging priv. if you approve it. you can limit it to a set amount per day (personaly i don't give my kids charging priv.).

everybody, including infants, get a KTTW card and the default is YES the cards have charging privileges. You need to go to Guest Services to have an individual's charging privileges suspended.

Do you have to give Disney a credit card or can you put down travelers checks on your account? How does this work?

I believe that you have to give them a credit card number, but it does not have to be a Disney visa.

Actually I think cash, travlers checks, disney dollars and/or a credit card works for you deposit.....the only diffrence would be if you didn't use a credit card then when you reached your limit or were close to it they'd call you to GS to put more towards your account.

I also have a question about placing a "limit" on kids cards...exactaly how is this done? When we cruised last year we were told it was all or none on any card... :rolleyes: Of course we gave our girls spending limits...and they easly stayed within what we set...but it was nerve racking wondering how they were doing (I know you can check at GS at any time....but it was still nerve racking).

People post here that you can impose a daily spending limit, but I've never been able to do so (the most recent attempt being on the Aug repo cruise).

I have always read that it is all or nothing on charging privliges, some parents set a limit & if violated they remove charging privliges.

I forget if each card is listed individually or if it is just listed as to which card made the charge, but G/S can print a copy at any time.

We did not have charging privledges for our kids, but they were only 8 & 5. Now the real question should be, Do they put charge restrictions on DH's who spend their entire cruise ordering drinks ;) - Just kidding, although I was pretty nervous when we asked for our total spent at the end of the cruise!

kathy

I know my daughter really loved her KTTW card, but I wasn't crazy enough to give her charging priviledges either (what if she lost it???). I think they punched a hole in it or something to show it wasn't good, but then she could carry it around with her all the time and have one too so she didn't feel left out.

Lynne

The only way I have figured you can put an actual limit on any one card would be to sign everyone up as individual accounts...and not under one group/room account.

Last year they asked us if we wanted to put down just ONE credit card for the stateroom...and we did. BUT I'm thinking if everyone (or at least the kids) signed up for diffrent accounts...then you could put a limit on everyones...by the amount of $$ you deposited in the account. That is the ONLY way I can figure you'd be able to put an actual limit on anything...of course you couldn't use a credit card...because once the got to the limit..they'd (DCL) would just add more

If this can be done this way....my question then would be is there a certian amount that you HAVE to put down? I know they ask for a deposit of $500 per stateroom (on a 7 night cruise)....but what would you have to put on EACH account if you had 4 people in the room all with diffrent accounts? And would it make a diffrence if you put down say the $500 on a credit card for the adults then seperate accounts for the kids with say $70-100 in cash???

Also if I remember right...they print out just one printout with each card listed alone. We didn't get daily balances...that's just how they did at the end of the week.

We left the charge capability active on both our kids cards.

DS's bill on a 7 day came to $5.......the cost of dry cleaning his tie.

DD's bill came to $ 0.

DW and I charged Tee shirts and stuff they wants on our cards, but frankly, there was NOTHING they wanted to spend money on. We cruised before free soda, but they found the Lemonade and Milk available on the beverage station then to be all they needed to drink, other than fruit punch from Topsiders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter