• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

KTTW card spending limit...

SenecaWolf

I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!
DD16 & DS14 have $300 spending money each and I was wondering if it is possible to set that limit to their cards or do we have to count receipts each night. TIA!

All charges to your KTTW card get lumped into one account. There are limits to charging privileges for your room account as a whole (I can't remember what they are right now), but there's no way to get a limit on the individual KTTW cards. Also, charging privileges are usually only allowed on the adult cards. A better idea would be to buy them each a Disney gift card with $300 on it. Each time they make a purchase, the remaining amount is shown on the reciept.

Thanks for the info! I never even thought of the gift cards! When do I need to have actual cash on me, like during parades when they sell stuff I'm guessing we cant swipe cards right? Cause I know even as teens they're going to want stuff and I just hate carrying cash on me.

All charges to your KTTW card get lumped into one account. There are limits to charging privileges for your room account as a whole (I can't remember what they are right now), but there's no way to get a limit on the individual KTTW cards. Also, charging privileges are usually only allowed on the adult cards. A better idea would be to buy them each a Disney gift card with $300 on it. Each time they make a purchase, the remaining amount is shown on the reciept.

You might want to check this out becasue in the last few years, my dd14 was given charging priviledges :rotfl:a few times when she was younger and I had the cards reissued with none. They can still be used for dining plan credits though! Also each card has a unique ending number and you can figure out who charged what or ask the front desk to print by card number.

Thanks for the info! I never even thought of the gift cards! When do I need to have actual cash on me, like during parades when they sell stuff I'm guessing we cant swipe cards right? Cause I know even as teens they're going to want stuff and I just hate carrying cash on me.

There's only a few places where you'd need actual cash. I know I've used cash to purchase balloons. I'd assume the carts of light up toys and stuff they have out before the parades are cash only as well. I've just never purchased anything from them. There are some snack carts that aren't set up to accept cards. But the vast majority of stuff you can buy with gift cards. I carry one $20 bill with me in the parks, and I hardly ever use it.

You might want to check this out becasue in the last few years, my dd14 was given charging priviledges :rotfl:a few times when she was younger and I had the cards reissued with none. They can still be used for dining plan credits though! Also each card has a unique ending number and you can figure out who charged what or ask the front desk to print by card number.

I guess since my DD is much younger (she was only 6 on our last trip), the CMs at the front desk have always just automatically blocked charging privileges from her card. They've just always told me when they hand me the cards that hers couldn't be used for charging. I assumed that was standard.

Even with the cards ending with different numbers, there's no way to set a separate charging limit for each of those cards. They'd still have to separately add up the charges for each card. I think it might be easier for the OPs family to use gift cards to keep the kids to their spending limits.

Even with the cards ending with different numbers, there's no way to set a separate charging limit for each of those cards. They'd still have to separately add up the charges for each card. I think it might be easier for the OPs family to use gift cards to keep the kids to their spending limits.[/QUOTE]

Just back from Disney yesterday and on my 14 year old son's card they set a $50.00 limit per our request. Also, when you check out the charges are broken down by each card with name so although the total is lumped together you do see the breakdown by cards.

Just ask for their limits to be $300.00 on their charging privelages and it can be done. We had a $1500.00 family charging limit.

Just back from Disney yesterday and on my 14 year old son's card they set a $50.00 limit per our request. Also, when you check out the charges are broken down by each card with name so although the total is lumped together you do see the breakdown by cards.

Just ask for their limits to be $300.00 on their charging privelages and it can be done. We had a $1500.00 family charging limit.

This is exactly what I was hoping to do!! Thank you :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Maggie'sMom thanks! We're taking glow necklaces and figuring just one night of buying some kind of light up toy (teenages and they still like light-y stuff LOL) should be good, so gonna take a $20 and if theres not enough then tough luck for them :rotfl:

Yes, you can do that. On our last trip the CM asked if I wanted charging on my kids cards. I said no because that seemed dangerous to let them get whatever they wanted. The CM told me I could set whatever limit I wanted for their cards.

My granddaughter 13 had charging privleges on her card when my daughter ran the Princess half-marathon earlier this year. My daughter set her up with charging privleges because while running the race or at the Expo picking up her race packet, my daughter wouldn't be with her and her sister and brother. My granddaughter is a Red Cross certified babysitter and extremely responsible. Also, we were staying at the same resort in case of an emergency and went to the parks with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter