*Kristin & Skip's DFTW PJ: (12/21/09) SBP* minor updates

No problem. I will keep my eye out for more!!!

Thanks again Toni! You're the best!! :)

Just caught up- great start-- I love that you went and got paint swatches--what a great idea!!!:goodvibes

Hi! Thank you so much for reading! :goodvibes The paint swatches have actually been really helpful! I was so surprised at how many different shades I could find! I actually went to another store yesterday to find some more, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a collection of Disney paint!!!! :banana: So needless to say I took a bunch of those! :rotfl:

----------------------------------------------------

Also, I received my Precious Moments figure today!!!! I LOVE it!!!!

caketopper.jpg

I am really debating whether or not to use this as the cake topper. I like the mickey and minnie one that DFTW gives you, and can't wait to get it, but I don't know which one to put on the actual cake. :confused: This figure is slightly heavy, but I don't THINK it would be too heavy to put on a cake, especially since we adding a layer. :confused3

Thanks so much for reading! :hug: I have LOTS more to come! :yay:

I love that one.... I have debated on purchasing it..... currently I have resisted.
Congrats.... looking forward to hearing more....:goodvibes

Hey guys! Ok, so we have made a big change of plans over the last month and decided it would be more convenient to move our wedding date up! :cool1: So now we are planning on December '09!! :banana:

We called DFTW a few days ago and they took some of our information and said someone would get back with us. Then today we got a call from Brianna who said she will serve as our coordinator for now! :goodvibes Until we can get our date at the one year mark I am going to focus on gathering more ideas and planning.

I am so excited!!! :yay: It is kind of far away, but then again, after just taking six months off of my ticker it feels really close! :scared:

Hey six months closer is six months closer, congrats on the date switch! :yay: Dec will be so pretty in WDW with the decorations and all.... looking forward to hearing more....congrats and good luck with everything:goodvibes

Hi Kristin,
I'm just joining in a little late, but I love what you have so far. In reading your posts I've discovered we have a lot in common. My husband is from Indy originally but now we are here in SC too!! BTW, congrats on the Clemson win yesterday - (54 - 0) nice sound thrashing to SC State!! Go Tigers!!!
I think the Dec. date will be awesome! The Tiffany blue is a terrific idea, what a great color - and much easier to work with than orange and purple! :rotfl: If you decide to go with the M&M idea the website for the personalized ones is: http://www.mymms.com/customprint/ Personally, I think it's an adorable idea! Anyway, that's it for now, good luck with everything and can't wait to hear more!

Hey six months closer is six months closer, congrats on the date switch! :yay: Dec will be so pretty in WDW with the decorations and all.... looking forward to hearing more....congrats and good luck with everything:goodvibes

Congrats on the move up date!

Thanks girls! :hug:

Hi Kristin,
I'm just joining in a little late, but I love what you have so far. In reading your posts I've discovered we have a lot in common. My husband is from Indy originally but now we are here in SC too!! BTW, congrats on the Clemson win yesterday - (54 - 0) nice sound thrashing to SC State!! Go Tigers!!!
I think the Dec. date will be awesome! The Tiffany blue is a terrific idea, what a great color - and much easier to work with than orange and purple! :rotfl: If you decide to go with the M&M idea the website for the personalized ones is: http://www.mymms.com/customprint/ Personally, I think it's an adorable idea! Anyway, that's it for now, good luck with everything and can't wait to hear more!

Hey thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes That is so awesome that your hubby is from Indy and you guys live in SC!! What part of Indy is he from? I hail from Bloomington. :laughing: I was pleased with the win, but yeah orange would definitely be my least favorite color except for when its in reference to the tigers! :rotfl: Thanks so much for the website referral! I am loving the idea more and more to do the M&M's. I think about the welcome baskets almost more than I think about anything else! :lmao:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, at first I was hesitant to set the date so close to Christmas, but the more I think about it the more I love it! It is definitely our favorite time of year and neither of us have ever been to WDW so close to Christmas to see all of the decorations so that will be special. It's crazy because we will be spending Christmas, my birthday (the 30th- DisbrideToni's also ;) ), and new years on our honeymoon.. but I wouldn't have it any other way now! :cloud9: So my next big task is to figure out invitations because we want to get those out right after Christmas so that we can verify who will be coming and it will also give people a chance to plan, save, book their rooms, etc. I really want to have a consistent theme that we can use for the invites, "rehearsal dinner" invites, bridal shower, announcements, etc. Last weekend I went shopping for ideas and was appalled at the prices of the ones I liked :scared1: So, currently we are considering making the invites at least. I won't be able to do that for the announcements because we will need so many, but maybe that would be do-able for the invites. I want them to be classy, with a touch of Disney, but they are also going to have to have pockets where we can put info about accommodations, rsvp, etc. So right now I am kind of :confused: about it. I have seen some REALLY awesome ideas here from what other disbride's have done so we will see. I have about three months until we are sending them out!!! :cool1:

Thanks girls! :hug:

Hey thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes That is so awesome that your hubby is from Indy and you guys live in SC!! What part of Indy is he from? I hail from Bloomington. :laughing: I was pleased with the win, but yeah orange would definitely be my least favorite color except for when its in reference to the tigers! :rotfl: Thanks so much for the website referral! I am loving the idea more and more to do the M&M's. I think about the welcome baskets almost more than I think about anything else! :lmao:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, at first I was hesitant to set the date so close to Christmas, but the more I think about it the more I love it! It is definitely our favorite time of year and neither of us have ever been to WDW so close to Christmas to see all of the decorations so that will be special. It's crazy because we will be spending Christmas, my birthday (the 30th- DisbrideToni's also ;) ), and new years on our honeymoon.. but I wouldn't have it any other way now! :cloud9: So my next big task is to figure out invitations because we want to get those out right after Christmas so that we can verify who will be coming and it will also give people a chance to plan, save, book their rooms, etc. I really want to have a consistent theme that we can use for the invites, "rehearsal dinner" invites, bridal shower, announcements, etc. Last weekend I went shopping for ideas and was appalled at the prices of the ones I liked :scared1: So, currently we are considering making the invites at least. I won't be able to do that for the announcements because we will need so many, but maybe that would be do-able for the invites. I want them to be classy, with a touch of Disney, but they are also going to have to have pockets where we can put info about accommodations, rsvp, etc. So right now I am kind of :confused: about it. I have seen some REALLY awesome ideas here from what other disbride's have done so we will see. I have about three months until we are sending them out!!! :cool1:

OH!!! A Christmas wedding at Disneeeeeeeey! :) How exciting!!! :rotfl:

I love it!!! I love your precious moment piece... it's sooo dang cute!

YAY for moving the date up! My birthday is on the 28th of December... How does it feel to have your birthday inbetween two really busy holidays?! lol... I still don't think I'm used to it.

Love your planning, so glad you're getting it all done early! It's so nice to see everything! You'll feel so relieved when the day finally comes :)

My hubby is from Lafayette (Boilermaker country) & went to Purdue, so the colors around here are Gold and Black, which is fine with me, because I’m a New Orleans Saints fan. (One of the reasons I married him was I liked his colors… :rotfl: ) I think doing the invites yourselves is a great idea, and I also think it’s a neat idea to go with a theme. One idea that I did see another disbride do (and she did an awesome job with it), was set up a web page. There are lots of free ones out there. Like www.freewebs.com That way, you don’t have to go to the trouble of doing all the pockets in the invites, you can just give them the web address and have all the pertinent information in there. It may save a few bucks on postage too. I’m trying to find the post I found because she did an awesome job with it, but I’m not having much luck, I’ll keep searching. Just a thought. I really like the basket idea, and can see why you’re into it, I do them all the time for gifts. My sister did them for her wedding and boy did it save a lot of confusion for everyone, everything was all laid out in the itinerary w/directions, etc and she had a lot of good little treats in there too. I think it’s a great surprise for guests when they check-in to their rooms!

Just catching up on your pj!! How exciting a wedding in december!! The castle is going to be gorgeous with all the decorations!! Your e-ring is very pretty I love the cut! Can't wait to hear more and see some pics!! Have you tried on dresses at all yet? That was one of the first things I just HAD to do!

Wow, december 2009, that's even farther away then mine!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your engagement!!!! You two make such a cute couple!!!!!!111

I just caught up. Congrats on moving up the date!!! How exciting! Now you aren't far off at all. :goodvibes

Just catching up on your pj! Everything sounds great so far!

In regards to the reception, I feel like there's a lot to choose from.

Cali Grill is a great option. (It's my fav restaurant)

Living Seas has a private room and so does Jiko.

Ohana is the best for families. The family style food is soo good and its a fun atmosphere! BUT I think they are just open for dinner.

Just a few, but i know theres a ton more. Ask your coordinator I feel like she'll know everything!!

I love that another SC bride is on here!! Good luck with all the planning!

OH!!! A Christmas wedding at Disneeeeeeeey! :) How exciting!!! :rotfl:

I love it!!! I love your precious moment piece... it's sooo dang cute!

YAY for moving the date up! My birthday is on the 28th of December... How does it feel to have your birthday inbetween two really busy holidays?! lol... I still don't think I'm used to it.

Love your planning, so glad you're getting it all done early! It's so nice to see everything! You'll feel so relieved when the day finally comes :)

Hi thank you so much for reading! I am so still not used to the late December birthday either! It is always so overlooked. :rotfl: It will be really crazy to spend Christmas, my b-day and new years on the honeymoon! :laughing:
I am enjoying the planning and this time before, but you are so right- I will be SO relieved when the day finally comes! ;)

My hubby is from Lafayette (Boilermaker country) & went to Purdue, so the colors around here are Gold and Black, which is fine with me, because I’m a New Orleans Saints fan. (One of the reasons I married him was I liked his colors… :rotfl: ) I think doing the invites yourselves is a great idea, and I also think it’s a neat idea to go with a theme. One idea that I did see another disbride do (and she did an awesome job with it), was set up a web page. There are lots of free ones out there. Like www.freewebs.com That way, you don’t have to go to the trouble of doing all the pockets in the invites, you can just give them the web address and have all the pertinent information in there. It may save a few bucks on postage too. I’m trying to find the post I found because she did an awesome job with it, but I’m not having much luck, I’ll keep searching. Just a thought. I really like the basket idea, and can see why you’re into it, I do them all the time for gifts. My sister did them for her wedding and boy did it save a lot of confusion for everyone, everything was all laid out in the itinerary w/directions, etc and she had a lot of good little treats in there too. I think it’s a great surprise for guests when they check-in to their rooms!

My cousins live in Lafayette! But pretty much my entire family went to IU! :lmao: That's a great idea about the website! I am definitely planning on doing one. That's so good to hear that the baskets really helped out your sister's wedding! I really do think they will limit any confusion. I can't wait to assemble them! :rotfl:

Just catching up on your pj!! How exciting a wedding in december!! The castle is going to be gorgeous with all the decorations!! Your e-ring is very pretty I love the cut! Can't wait to hear more and see some pics!! Have you tried on dresses at all yet? That was one of the first things I just HAD to do!

Hi! Thank you so much for reading!! I love the idea of a december wedding now! I am so excited to see all the decorations as I have never been to Disney so close to Christmas!! :cool1: I am looking to start trying on dresses very soon! I want to give plenty of time for ordering, alterations, etc. I think it is going to be very difficult for me though because I love so many different styles. :rotfl:

Yeah a Disney Christmas Wedding!! can't wait!

Thanks!! I have so much planning to do! :rotfl:

Wow, december 2009, that's even farther away then mine!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your engagement!!!! You two make such a cute couple!!!!!!111

Thank you!!! Yeah we've got a little over a year, but since we're both finishing school we really need that much time! :laughing:

I just caught up. Congrats on moving up the date!!! How exciting! Now you aren't far off at all. :goodvibes

Thanks Toni!! Yeah, judging by how fast these last few years have gone I feel like it will be here before I know it! :)

Just catching up on your pj! Everything sounds great so far!

In regards to the reception, I feel like there's a lot to choose from.

Cali Grill is a great option. (It's my fav restaurant)

Living Seas has a private room and so does Jiko.

Ohana is the best for families. The family style food is soo good and its a fun atmosphere! BUT I think they are just open for dinner.

Just a few, but i know theres a ton more. Ask your coordinator I feel like she'll know everything!!

I love that another SC bride is on here!! Good luck with all the planning!

Woo hoo another SC bride!! There's a few of us on here! Thanks so much for the reception ideas! I am still very clueless about that. My mom and I have been brainstorming ideas for that but it is so hard! There are too many great restaurants in Disney! :rotfl:

Ok, well I haven't been getting as much done as I would like (school, ugh :rolleyes1 ), but I have chosen my MOH and we have been narrowing down our resort choices and coming up with a possible itinerary!

Maid of Honor: Because of the 18 max guest count of an escape wedding, we are having a family members only wedding. Because there will only be about 18 guests we decided to just have a MOH and BM. My MOH will be Emily, who is DF's niece (only two years younger than me though) and she also became my roommate this year!! :)

Best Man: My brother Chris, who DF is really good friends with, will be the best man. We thought it would be kind of neat to have someone from each of our families. :)

Resorts: This part has been kind of tough because unfortunately I have come to realize just how dang expensive everything is during the holiday season at Disney!! :scared: Hotel rates go through the roof at that time of year! I kept quoting prices for our dates in 2009 on Disney's site and it was scary :laughing: We spoke with our coordinator last Friday about doing a room block. We decided that would probably not be best for us, but she told us that the hotels book up fast during the holiday season so we don't want to wait too long to at least hold something!

Pre-Wedding: After talking it over with my parents this weekend, Caribbean Beach is our choice for pre-wedding resort. We will be staying with our families the 19th to 21st.

Wedding Night: For the wedding night I really want to stay somewhere special, then switch over to another resort for our honeymoon. We will be staying at the AKL!! :woohoo:

Honeymoon: For the honeymoon we have chosen POFQ. DF really wants to stay here and much to my dismay, there is no way we could afford a deluxe resort for 10 days during the peak holiday season! :lmao:

More to come soon!!! :cool1:

We are only having a moh and bm and his best man and gm since we aren't doing a big wedding as well.. I definitely feel you on the lack of planning with school!! I can't wait for december to be done with this mess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter