• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kristin & Mike’s PJ: Wishes–WP/LSS/UK–June 26, 2009 ~UPDATES!

Beautiful pictures! I love how she put your names on that Poly sign! And the ones of you at Sunset Pointe *swoon*! I LOVE that spot!

Thanks so much Heidi! So did we! It was a complete surprise. She didn't say she was doing that so it was definitely a cute surprise.

Just wanted to say Hi! And let you know that your DFTW is the day after mine! You must be getting soooo excited, because I know I am. It feels like it's coming soooo fast! And I love how your DF picked your wedding date! I love Stitch! Happy planning!

Hi, day-before-DFTW fellow bride! I'm definitely getting excited! We had a two year engagement and no one can believe how fast time flies. Yay! Stitch is soo great! Thanks! Happy planning too...We might even bump into each other. congratulations too!

Love the photos Neighbor! I'm over in Toms River! I want a reception at the Living Seas as well. Can't wait to see more.

Hi neighbor! We're actually two blocks from Dover/Toms River. We're at the very bottom of Lakewood. Have you seen the Living Seas in person yet? It's absolutely gorgeous in person! We were able to go for our site visit.

Oh my goodness your photos are gorgeous!!! I love them! You two are so adorable together!

Thanks so much! Seeing our engagement pictures is making us even more excited to see our wedding pictures...although that'll mean everything is over :sad1:

Unfortunately with the economy, some of our guests who were definites are now unable to attend. Because of this, we're unable to have our dessert party at Italy Isola; our guest list won't be able to hit the 100 guest minimum. I did have a feeling this was going to happen so I'm fine with it. As long as we have a dessert party while watching Illuminations, I'd be happy on one the of park benches! :cloud9: Instead, we now have the both the upper and lower UK terraces reserved so we'll have room to sit, eat, walk around and pose for pictures. :cool2:

Plenty more soon!

OK, I've procrastinated long enough! Here comes the gown pictures! Well, in these pictures I'm actually wearing the sample I tried on in August '08, but it was my size - fantastic! The sample here is light ivory but I ordered it in diamond white, which won't look at that much different, just have slightly less yellow undertones. And please excuse the ridiculous faces I'm making, my aunt was taking pictures like I was strutting down a runway. :dance3:

Excuse the tan lines...
DSCN0041_2.jpg

That lady isn't with us haha... The gown has strategically placed lace appliques with pearls, rhinestones and beads :lovestruc
DSCN0021_2.jpg

That lady isn't with us either haha! Here is my vogue shot:
DSCN0028_2.jpg

I didn't get this veil...it was $360 :eek:
DSCN0050.jpg

The back is one of my favorite parts of the gown. I wanted the train to be different and although there isn't anything on the train, it's so unqiue how it sweeps from the side. I want to have a french bustle that has the same flow so you don't lose that sweep effect. (BTW, that's my mom, cousin [maid of honor] and little sister [jr. bridesmaid] in the background.)
DSCN0095.jpg

I didn't even have that "This is the one" moment either. I searched several other stores after that but kept comparing all of them to this one. Every time I came back to these pictures, I would get all excited. I said...this must be it! I went back to try it on again, and THEN I knew. I'll post accessories soon!

Kristin,

Your gown is beautiful! Your invites look amazing. Can't wait to see/hear more.

that is a beautiful dress, well done you!! i love those random people looking at you like 'wow' - thats soooo great! just proves that is a lovely dress!

Beautiful gown!! As you said, it's very very similar to mine!! Mine was the 930 by Benjamin Roberts, is your's a Maggie?

Just read through your PJ....your gown is beautiful and I love the invites...I did navy in June, last year, so I may be partial:rotfl: We will be doing an anniversary dp on the same day as your wedding and DP!--we will be at UK pubside--I'll be sure to wave!:thumbsup2

Your dress looks beautiful on you. :) Is that a maggie sottero? I am also interested in a couple of her dresses. I see you are in NJ, I am NYC are you at an actual Maggie Sotterro shop? Are there any in the tri-state area? I see the signs in the background. Let me know. Thanks!

Thank you so much, girls!!!! My gown is actually from the line Blue by Enzoani and the style is Adana. I fell in love with Maggie Sottero gowns but anything I found just looked like I was being engulfed in fabric. :laughing: I originally wanted something not too poofy but the more I looked online, the more I thought it was the only day I could get away with it. But, when it came time to trying them on, I'm just too petite and I got lost in them. Oh well.

Your dress looks beautiful on you. :) Is that a maggie sottero? I am also interested in a couple of her dresses. I see you are in NJ, I am NYC are you at an actual Maggie Sotterro shop? Are there any in the tri-state area? I see the signs in the background. Let me know. Thanks!

Stephie, I went to three shops in Central NJ who carried Maggie Sottero gowns and that's how I stumbled upon the few who carry Blue by Enzoani gowns. The three stores I went to that carried MS were Fantasy Weddings By Anna Marie (Robbinsville, NJ, the pictures were taken here), Sales Unlimited (Bayville, NJ) and The Bridal Suite (Hamilton Square, NJ). I found them by going to the MS website store locator http://www.maggiesottero.com/stores.aspx. I hope that helps :)

Gown update...

It was supposed to be in by the end of March so I called the shop to follow up and they put in a call to the manufacturer. Apparently, they were having a tough time getting the fabric in diamond white but they they did, so it should be shipping this week. The shop is going to follow up with them and then update me. Fingers crossed! I originally couldn't decide whether to order it in diamond white or the light ivory. I finally just said diamond white. Now I feel like that was an omen. Eep. :scared:

I promise I'm going to post my accessories soon! :rolleyes1 ;)

Hi ladies! The accessories are next up!

I have my jewelry! I got my earrings and necklace from Macys and the Swarovski Cinderella bracelet from eBay:
Earrings.jpg

Necklace-shaded.jpg

SwarovskiBracelet.jpg

Sorry the pics are so big.
I'm going to take pictures of my purse and veil (I don't have my tiara in hand yet), but here is my purse off the website:
hb1355s.jpg

I need shoes too and I have no idea how long that's going to take me. I'm looking for silver because I don't feel like trying to match up white vs. ivory to my gown. Plus I'll be more apt to wear them again. I'm also restricted by heel height since (1) I don't want to be taller than DF if I can help it and (2) my feet will be killing me if they're too high. I was thinking something along these lines:
Coloriffics-Shanna.jpg

And finally, here is a pic I found online of an updo I really like. My veil will come out of the bottom and my tiara will sit on top. I'm still completely clueless on how to have my bangs. :confused3
Hairstyle.jpg

Next up...bridesmaids!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter