Kristen & Doug's Wedding: 5.5.12 - TR Day 3 (Updated 6.14)

I can't believe how close you are!! And then I remember, I'm close too! Wheeee! :cool1:

I got adult onset acne about a year ago. I couldn't get it under control so I visited my dermatologist. He told me to buy PanOxyl. panoxyl-skincare.com/products.html. It's high dose of Benzoyle Peroxide, the main ingredient in ProActive. Ever since I started using that, my face has totally cleared up! He also prescribed for me clindamycin which is basically an antibacterial lotion. But anyway, it worked great for me and you can get PanOxyl at Walgreens.

So glad you are zenning, I feel like I am getting crazier by the day! :laughing:

I can't believe how close your wedding day is getting!! I'm sorry to hear about your Rev, I can only imagine how stressful that is, but I'm glad you're in a good place overall. (Where is my "zen"emoticon?!)
Just a side note, I donate my hair too! :hug: I have for years! I used to donate to locks of love until I found out they make their patients pay for the wigs and they make a profit doing it! :eek:
I now donate to Pantiene Beautiful Lengths. I had JUST donated when Charles proposed. After the initial shock that he was actually proposing, I was kinda bummed. I wanted long hair when I got married and it wasn't going to have time to grow back! :rotfl: How material am I!?
Anyway, I'm glad to see you and other people donate too! YAY for us!
I hope you're making headway on your "to-do's"!
I'm getting excited for you! :cheer2:

I'm surprisingly not stressed about him not responding, I'm more irritated. I know I've read on here that he's said that he doesn't want to get his couples confused so he keeps emails to a minimum until right beforehand, but I did ask for some thoughts on words for the sand ceremony part. You'd think he could at least reply with that.

I did not know that about Locks of Love! Definitely looking into Pantene's now! I wound up only cutting off about six or seven inches. Enough to get rid of most of 'the blanket', but still enough to do something with. If only I knew what that 'something' was! :laughing:

DisneyEverAfter said:
Whaaat? D< WTH! Email again! I need to email him again soon so figure out the fine details of our ceremony.. I hope he gets back to us in a timely manner...

I sent another email last Friday. And still nothing. :headache:

CinderALLIE said:
Subscribing.

Less than a month to go now. So excited for you.

Hello! And thanks! :goodvibes It really doesn't seem possible that it's 23 days away!

iloisfra said:
Joining in! I actually thought I did this a few days ago, but oh well.

You're less than a month out! I'm so happy you're reaching a zen point right now rather than freaking out at any last minute details. You're a prepared bride

Can't wait to hear about the next few weeks leading up to the big day!

I'm either actually prepared or my mind has just given up on stressing! It's most likely just tired of it. :laughing:

--------
Got a couple more things done!

Called MEARS and set up a car for Seth, Vicky, and the kids to get to the CB the morning of the wedding. That way they wouldn't have to deal with taking two different buses and what not. And at least that one was only $14. I asked how much it would cost for CB to the Contemporary, for my parents' breakfast at Chef Mickey's, but that would cost $30. EACH WAY. Which my mom agreed was ridiculous, so I'll have to make sure to include the phone number for the taxi on their itinerary.

Called the company that will bring us to the airport on Friday, then pick my family up on Sunday, and that's taken care of. Pricey, but taken care of, at least.

I just got my hair cut this afternoon, as I mentioned above to Kate. I wound up cutting off less than I thought, so it's still past my shoulders. I feel like my face has gotten much rounder due to the weight gain, and short hair makes me face look round to begin with, so... definitely wasn't going with shoulder-length!

Thankfully the paperwork for the Magical Express came today. For some reason, our flight info got deleted not once, but twice, from our reservations, so when we got our Mickey Mail last week, I had to call, since there wasn't any stuff in there, whereas my parents' mail did. So, that's all settled.

OH! STOP THE PRESSES! Doug's mom has started working on the FG dress. We stopped by there after Easter dinner, and she showed me that it was cut out. There's hope of it being done on time! :scared1: :banana:

I think that's it. There are a few little things I want to do, like add some personal touches to the book-box that we're using instead of a pillow for the rings (not to mention needing to purchase some foam to put inside of it) and possibly add some gemstones for a Hidden Mickey on my shoes, but dare I say it? I think we're almost all set. What am I going to do with my time after this? :laughing:

I can't believe how close you are!! And then I remember, I'm close too! Wheeee! :cool1:

I got adult onset acne about a year ago. I couldn't get it under control so I visited my dermatologist. He told me to buy PanOxyl. panoxyl-skincare.com/products.html. It's high dose of Benzoyle Peroxide, the main ingredient in ProActive. Ever since I started using that, my face has totally cleared up! He also prescribed for me clindamycin which is basically an antibacterial lotion. But anyway, it worked great for me and you can get PanOxyl at Walgreens.

So glad you are zenning, I feel like I am getting crazier by the day! :laughing:

You're even closer! 16 days now! :dance3: I'm so excited for you!

I'm super curious, because at this point, it seems like a new one pops up on my chin every day, but I'm worried about trying a new product now. Do you have sensitive skin? Or tempermental skin? You've led me in the right direction with the bra, so if we have a similar skin type, I'll try the PanOxyl out. ;)

And I'm sending calm zen-ny vibes in your direction! *There's no proper icon, so imagine a purple smiley, similar to :wizard:, but he's winging calm waves in a westward direction*

It was my chin too, and it got to that same point where it was happening more and more frequently. I never had acne in my teen years so I was totally caught off guard. I do have sensitive/temperamental skin. My one warning with the panoxyl is to use about a penny's worth and just really lather it up, then moisturize right after. I now only use it about 3 times a week, not every day or my skin will dry out. But I started out every day when it was really bad. That's the worst result I've had with it, is if I use it too much I get dry patches. Then I usually use something really mild like Cetaphil on the other days. It's completely cleared my face up!

And I accept your magic wand zen vibes! princess:

It was my chin too, and it got to that same point where it was happening more and more frequently. I never had acne in my teen years so I was totally caught off guard. I do have sensitive/temperamental skin. My one warning with the panoxyl is to use about a penny's worth and just really lather it up, then moisturize right after. I now only use it about 3 times a week, not every day or my skin will dry out. But I started out every day when it was really bad. That's the worst result I've had with it, is if I use it too much I get dry patches. Then I usually use something really mild like Cetaphil on the other days. It's completely cleared my face up!

And I accept your magic wand zen vibes! princess:

I've been using Neutrogena's Daily Scrub for years, and then Clean & Clear's Advantage Mark Treatment when a bit of plague would pop up. And that's worked fine for years. But all of a sudden the extra stress - BOOM! A new one pops up nearly every day! I think if another decides to appear by tomorrow morning, I'll be checking to see if Target has it tomorrow night. I feel like I'm 15 again, and really, that's not a time period I want to re-live! ;)

yourgypsy said:
And I'm sending calm zen-ny vibes in your direction! *There's no proper icon, so imagine a purple smiley, similar to , but he's winging calm waves in a westward direction*

I'm seriously writing to the people that make these emoticons. They are sooooo lacking in imagination! We need to help them out. :)
Btw, I love your "zen-vibes-in-a-westward-direction-magic-wand-wavy-thingy" emoticon!
Also, sorry to burst your bubble about Locks of Love. I was disappointed too when I found out. I hope you still donate! I'm sure your new hair cut is beautiful! You're going to be a gorgeous bride!
16 days!! I can't believe it.... so exciting! :dance3:

Hi twin!! :goodvibes

Ugh on Rev. Tim. I am still waiting to hear back from Rev. Jack. I reallly need to find him and see if he is still officiating so I can chase Rev. Tim if not. :confused3 At least you have someone under contract. lol I am SO foiled! :sad2:

You cut your hair?! I want to see a picture!! I'm sure it looks great! Aaaand my face is breaking out like crazy too!! I use Clearasil actually- there is a anti-mark wash, thats supposed to even out your skin. I use the wash and the moisturizing lotion. My skin was clear for a bit but of course with 3 weeks I'm erupting everywhere :mad: Hopefully it is just my stress and once we both get down to FL everything will come together, the breakouts will clear magically and that'll be it. This is what I tell myself anyway... :rotfl: I say the same thing, what am I, a HS girl?? I am 28 yrs old, what happened to your skin changing every 7 years?? hahaha I wish mine would change!!

Good job on figuring out and booking all your transportation! I have to see if I want to book us a car to the airport for our early flight to Hawaii or not. One more thing to add to my list!

Yay for getting your ME vouchers!! We havent gotten ours yet but our guests have, so I just re-submitted (or maybe submitted for the first time :rolleyes1) our flight info online. Hopefully we'll get them soon! lol

3 weeks from now you'll be a MRS!! (not me yet, few more hrs to go!) YAY! :dance3:

I'm seriously writing to the people that make these emoticons. They are sooooo lacking in imagination! We need to help them out. :)
Btw, I love your "zen-vibes-in-a-westward-direction-magic-wand-wavy-thingy" emoticon!
Also, sorry to burst your bubble about Locks of Love. I was disappointed too when I found out. I hope you still donate! I'm sure your new hair cut is beautiful! You're going to be a gorgeous bride!
16 days!! I can't believe it.... so exciting! :dance3:

I know! I mean, I'm looking at the ones that are on the side now that weren't there before... I really don't need a clown emoticon! But there's definite need for a positive/zen vibes one! ;)

tric8783 said:
Hi twin!!

Ugh on Rev. Tim. I am still waiting to hear back from Rev. Jack. I reallly need to find him and see if he is still officiating so I can chase Rev. Tim if not. At least you have someone under contract. lol I am SO foiled!

You cut your hair?! I want to see a picture!! I'm sure it looks great! Aaaand my face is breaking out like crazy too!! I use Clearasil actually- there is a anti-mark wash, thats supposed to even out your skin. I use the wash and the moisturizing lotion. My skin was clear for a bit but of course with 3 weeks I'm erupting everywhere Hopefully it is just my stress and once we both get down to FL everything will come together, the breakouts will clear magically and that'll be it. This is what I tell myself anyway... I say the same thing, what am I, a HS girl?? I am 28 yrs old, what happened to your skin changing every 7 years?? hahaha I wish mine would change!!

Good job on figuring out and booking all your transportation! I have to see if I want to book us a car to the airport for our early flight to Hawaii or not. One more thing to add to my list!

Yay for getting your ME vouchers!! We havent gotten ours yet but our guests have, so I just re-submitted (or maybe submitted for the first time ) our flight info online. Hopefully we'll get them soon! lol

3 weeks from now you'll be a MRS!! (not me yet, few more hrs to go!) YAY!

I understand them not wanting to get people mixed up, but we're 18 days out. Some sort of communication would be fabulous! Unless he's waiting for the rest of the payment? Nope, just checked his webpage, and the remainder is due the day of with a copy of the marriage license. Argh!

I didn't cut off as much hair as I thought - probably only six inches or so. Which makes me feel like my hair's so short now, even though it's still past my shoulders. I'll definitely post pics sometime this week. I have a bunch to post - my ring came in, and we finished the inside of the ring bearer book-box. I just keep forgetting! :laughing:

My hopes were up for a day - there was no new plague for one day! And then one popped up on my chin this morning. :headache:

I'm starting to think that I need to create some sort of wedding-related business or something. Either a florist or providing transportation to airports. For my trip over to PVD, for us two, my parents, and aunt and uncle - $165. Which does include tax and tip, but we're like 35 minutes from the airport. And then I had to arrange pick up for my family on the Sunday...$135! Do these people think I've a money tree in the backyard? Yeesh!

It's been forever since I've posted pictures, and we can chalk that up to laziness, really. But I took a few over the past week and finally uploaded

My ring came in! It was supposed to come in on the 12th, but arrived on the 6th. Good job, Kay Jewelers!

100_1521.jpg

Paired with my engagement ring..

100_1511.jpg

It doesn't sit exactly flush against my ring, but the ones that did were considerably out of our price range at the moment. I really love it, though. It's simple, but still sparklie. :goodvibes

Doug put together the inside part of the book-box that we're using instead of a pillow for the ring bearer. Doug has more craftiness-skills than I do. Or maybe it's just 'cause he doesn't fear he's going to mess everything up? :rolleyes1

100_1525.jpg

Inside of the box, with the styrofoam he cut to fit, (Somewhat related: the sound of styrofoam being cut is right up there with nails on a chalkboard for me) and the dark purple felt that's going to cover it.

100_1526.jpg

The felt (which sticks amazingly well to styrofoam) over the circle and along the sides to keep things from moving.

100_1527.jpg

Every time we went to Michael's, I kept seeing these flowers and I really liked them. Thankfully, genius struck while we were there, and I realized the rings could sit on the flower. And with the way the flower sits, the rings can sit right in the middle without any problems. And I shook that box like anything and they didn't move. Score! (But just in case, I'm bringing down the ribbon we bought and the extra glue dots)

My hanger came in and it's so awesome!

100_1528.jpg

(I took like half a dozen pictures of this alone, but this one's my favorite because I do so love my bird clock that's behind it :goodvibes)

Haircut! Or: Where Kristen Learned She's Horrible at Taking Pictures of Herself in a Mirror. :lmao:

(Oh, before you think I'm the type that leaves towels on the floor, that's just the one we put across the bottom of the door at night to block out the smoke from my parents' cigarettes ;))

100_1538.jpg

I cut off about six inches or so. It used to be about where the end of the bed is in this pic.

And good news! I called Rev. Tim this morning and he's still on for our wedding! He just never got the emails. But I am relieved to know that we'll definitely have someone to marry us... in 17 DAYS! :eek:

Oooh great update!

Your ring is so beautiful! I love the band with the engagement ring, it ties it together really nicely. It's so sparkly!!

What a great idea for the ring bearer boxes, they are going to work really well.

I have hanger envy!! It's going to be so great for photos.

Your hair looks fabulous!! You are going to really appreciate having less when you get in the Florida heat! It's a great length for styling it too.

Really glad you got the minister thing sorted out. I just found out a few weeks ago that Tim isn't available for our wedding, and I haven't even talked to his "friend" who is doing the service in his absence. I should do that, huh? :rolleyes:

SO SOON!!!

Love your ring (very sparkly!) & ring bearer box! The box is a really creative idea! :D I love it with the flower especially~ Your hanger is fab too, looks awesome! Definitely will make for some awesome pics :goodvibes & the hair is also perfect! Long enough for good styling, short enough for FL! Lemme tell you I can't wait to chop my hair all off the day after the wedding -_-;

Also regarding Rev Tim: I emailed him last night & he got back to me right away! It somewhat made me angry for you that he never emailed back... Spam folder much??? Geez... But I'm glad that you get it settled with him & he's still available! :D I'm confident he will be a good officiant!

SEVENTEEN DAYS WOOO!!!!!! Unlike the, what, fifteen day countdown I posted like a year ago. :lmao:

I really like your ring! I like simple, sparkly wedding bands. They're very classic and it won't ever go out of style.

Your hanger is SO cute!!! (So is that bird clock, btw.)

The book box is also darling. I saw those flowers at Michael's too. Actually, I have a fake daisy a shade lighter than that in my Bug right now. (Yeah, I'm one of those people.)

Your hair looks purty. :) How excited are you?!!?

Your ring is gorgeous and it looks awesome with your e-ring!

The box looks great! Good job Doug!!

Ohmygoodness-- I love your hanger! It's beautiful!

Your hair looks beautiful! LOVE it!!

Glad to hear Rev. Tim is still on for the big day! It will be here before you know it! YAYAYAY!!!

Oooh great update!

Your ring is so beautiful! I love the band with the engagement ring, it ties it together really nicely. It's so sparkly!!

What a great idea for the ring bearer boxes, they are going to work really well.

I have hanger envy!! It's going to be so great for photos.

Your hair looks fabulous!! You are going to really appreciate having less when you get in the Florida heat! It's a great length for styling it too.

Really glad you got the minister thing sorted out. I just found out a few weeks ago that Tim isn't available for our wedding, and I haven't even talked to his "friend" who is doing the service in his absence. I should do that, huh? :rolleyes:

SO SOON!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes It'll definitely be nice not having the 'winter blanket' in FL! Have you gotten in touch with the alternate minister?

8 days away for you! :dance3: 15 days away for me!

DisneyEverAfter said:
Love your ring (very sparkly!) & ring bearer box! The box is a really creative idea! :D I love it with the flower especially~ Your hanger is fab too, looks awesome! Definitely will make for some awesome pics & the hair is also perfect! Long enough for good styling, short enough for FL! Lemme tell you I can't wait to chop my hair all off the day after the wedding -_-;

Also regarding Rev Tim: I emailed him last night & he got back to me right away! It somewhat made me angry for you that he never emailed back... Spam folder much??? Geez... But I'm glad that you get it settled with him & he's still available! :D I'm confident he will be a good officiant!

What's funny is when I explained to him that I had emailed, his first question was if I was the bride he wrote back to that morning. I wonder if it was you? :rotfl: Then I explained, "Nope, I first wrote on March 26th." And he said it must've gotten lost. :confused3 Which means now I'm wondering when I should email again with what I'd like included in the ceremony. (Silly anxiety :crazy2:)

DoomBuggy0922 said:
SEVENTEEN DAYS WOOO!!!!!! Unlike the, what, fifteen day countdown I posted like a year ago.

I really like your ring! I like simple, sparkly wedding bands. They're very classic and it won't ever go out of style.

Your hanger is SO cute!!! (So is that bird clock, btw.)

The book box is also darling. I saw those flowers at Michael's too. Actually, I have a fake daisy a shade lighter than that in my Bug right now. (Yeah, I'm one of those people.)

Your hair looks purty. How excited are you?!!?

:rotfl: But now we're at 15 days! I feel like I have way too much stuff to keep track of, since my mom has put me in charge of all her stuff, because she's a nervous wreck about flying. So I just keep reminding myself that everything WILL be okay, I won't forget anything (biggest fear), and that I'll be eating fabulous food soon. And marrying Doug, too. :cool1:

And I love punchbuggies with flowers in them. :goodvibes

MrsDuck said:
Your ring is gorgeous and it looks awesome with your e-ring!

The box looks great! Good job Doug!!

Ohmygoodness-- I love your hanger! It's beautiful!

Your hair looks beautiful! LOVE it!!

Glad to hear Rev. Tim is still on for the big day! It will be here before you know it! YAYAYAY!!!

Thanks, Faith! :thumbsup2 I'm so glad someone in this relationship is crafty. He can even sew buttons back onto clothes! :rotfl: (Whereas I passed sewing class with a pity grade, I think, because I was so pathetic :laughing:)

virtuous girl said:
Cute pictures so close now!

Thanks! I'm trying to remain calm most of the time ;)

I found your PJ, so I had to join in! I can't believe how close our wedding days are!! :yay: Your rings are so pretty! It looks like your wedding is going to be beautiful!! :cutie:

* Loving the picture update! Your ring is so pretty, it's similar in style to the one I have so I definitely love it!
* That is a great hanger! And I was going to comment on the bird clock too, so cute ;)
* The book box instead of a ring bearer pillow is going to be awesome. I love those book boxes!
* Your haircut looks great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter