Kristen & Doug's Wedding: 5.5.12 - TR Day 3 (Updated 6.14)

Yay for getting your wedding band and getting some other stuff done!

But yikes about the FMIL and the flower girl dress. Sounds like the cats are just some lame excuse. I would definitely buy another dress or tell Vicky what's going on so she can at least be prepared to buy a dress, you don't want to have to worry about it when it's this close to the wedding!

Yay for getting things done! I can't wait to see a picture of your wedding band. I know what you mean about ones out of your price range: I LOVE my wedding band, but the one I fell in love with first was WAY out of my league.

I'm so sorry the wedding stress is getting to you. I know all of us old married ladies say this, but it will ALL be okay. I repeat: it will ALL be okay. Your wedding day will be beautiful. I promise!

Walmart gives me hives. Okay, not really. But I hate Walmart. I step in there and I become instantly stressed.

And, um... 12 is a lot of cats. That's all I will say.

I really can't wait to post a picture of it. Doug was chuckling as we were leaving the mall and I told him, "I can't wait to show the girls on the DISboards!" (You know you're a dork when....) :rotfl:

Worrying is just such a part of my nature. I blame it on the Portuguese side of my heritage. That and the need to feed people. If you lived closer, I'd bring you baked goods.

And walmart. Ugh. After 13 years of working there (and yes, typing that makes me want to puke a little), I avoid it as much as humanly possible. It's a wretched company that treats its employees terribly.

And your comment on the cats said so, so much. ;)

librarygeek said:
Yay for getting your wedding band and getting some other stuff done!

But yikes about the FMIL and the flower girl dress. Sounds like the cats are just some lame excuse. I would definitely buy another dress or tell Vicky what's going on so she can at least be prepared to buy a dress, you don't want to have to worry about it when it's this close to the wedding!

And I've got my post-it note list ready for this weekend! :thumbsup2

Yeah, thankfully Vicky doesn't mind buying a dress, just in case. I just want to not be worried about things, but it's in my nature to! There's no winning either way! :laughing:

Look! The ticker thingie only says 1 month! Tomorrow it should switch to days! Right now this freaks me out! :scared1:

(But I'm also totally excited, too!)

We got our first wedding present yesterday! Which was a complete surprise, since, hey, we certainly didn't expect anything. Doug's parents got us this clock:

disneyclock.jpg

It's way prettier in real life and I can't wait until we have our own place (and thus room to hang it, since our two rooms are chock full) to hang it up. :goodvibes

My parents also gave us some money (also very unexpected), so I've decided to splurge a little bit and get one of those fancy hangers for picture purposes. I adore this one - http://etsy.me/HiaKy9 - but with the shipping time... I messaged the girl to see if it would be possible. If not, I did find another one that ships within four days of payment (and she has all positive reviews! :worship:). My mom made me promise to spend some of it on myself, so there, I did. (Though I might get a couple new tops, we'll see. I'm not good at spending money on myself!)

So, yeah. I've got my post-it note list ready to go for this weekend. We are getting this stuff done, one way or another. I'm not above bribery or extortion with Doug. :lmao:

Kristen,

Yay for being one month out!!! :banana::banana:

Sorry about the FMIL stress. Either make the dress this weekend or don't. Seems an easy concept to me and I only have 3 cats, so maybe I don't understand. :rotfl:

The clock is cute! Hope you get a place to hang it soon. Definitely spend some of Mom's money on you! You deserve it!

How are you feeling? Hope you get some decent rest.

Love the hanger. It's different. Hope you get it.

WOOO ONE MONTH TO GO!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1: *does the happy dance*

Your clock is really cute, by the way. I hope you get your own place soon! (We actually might be able to buy a house sooner than we expected. Would you like to sublet my apartment?) If you subletted my apartment, you could bring me baked goods! :lmao:

I think you should save some money and splurge on something in WDW. If you need help splurging, I am realllly good at it.

Love your clock! Very cute~ I love that hanger too! I made my own bridal hanger (kinda a pain in the neck on my first try) But that one is really unique! I like it :D 1 MONTH

OMG... woop woop for 1 month! :)

XX and of course double whoop for the extra bit of sleep XX

29 days!!!!:dance3:
Can you believe it?!

Cutting 10 inches off your hair a month before the wedding???? You crazy!!! lol :rotfl: I would never dare. hahaha
Have you cut it short before? I assume as someone with long hair also, you've had it long for awhile?? This just makes me scared and it's not even my own hair!! lol Although locks of love is a great cause! ;)

The FG dress can't be cut because of CATS? Seriously?! man oh man. The clock is so cute!!

Sorry I've been bad about posting! I promise I've been busy! :goodvibes

Kristen,

Yay for being one month out!!! :banana::banana:

Sorry about the FMIL stress. Either make the dress this weekend or don't. Seems an easy concept to me and I only have 3 cats, so maybe I don't understand. :rotfl:

The clock is cute! Hope you get a place to hang it soon. Definitely spend some of Mom's money on you! You deserve it!

How are you feeling? Hope you get some decent rest.

Love the hanger. It's different. Hope you get it.

I'm hanging in there. It's my usual go-to answer, but it's always appropriate! :laughing: Going back on one of the meds from last year. I think maybe I expected too much out of it, thinking that I would feel 'normal' again. But with these past few weeks being so exhausting all the time, I'll take what I felt last summer!

I heard back from the hanger girl this morning, and she is able to get it to me well before we leave for FL, so yay! :goodvibes

DoomBuggy0922 said:
WOOO ONE MONTH TO GO!!!!!!!! *does the happy dance*

Your clock is really cute, by the way. I hope you get your own place soon! (We actually might be able to buy a house sooner than we expected. Would you like to sublet my apartment?) If you subletted my apartment, you could bring me baked goods!

I think you should save some money and splurge on something in WDW. If you need help splurging, I am realllly good at it.

But Wisconsin's COLD, Jackie! If I can't stand MA cold, how am I gonna survive WI cold?! :lmao: (Not to mention Doug works at MA-based company, and I like that they have a company picnic every summer that has EVERYTHING for free - including funnel cake AND horse rides! :woohoo:)

I bought two things this morning. And Doug kinda made fun of me because I felt bad for spending $60. I'm REALLY bad at spending money on myself. But I will be buying ornaments at Disney, most definitely.

DisneyEverAfter said:
Love your clock! Very cute~ I love that hanger too! I made my own bridal hanger (kinda a pain in the neck on my first try) But that one is really unique! I like it :D 1 MONTH

Ooh, have you posted pics? Something tells me you have far more patience than I do! :laughing:

Fay said:
OMG... woop woop for 1 month!

XX and of course double whoop for the extra bit of sleep XX

:cool1: I feel like any good sleep these days deserves its own parade!

tric8783 said:
29 days!!!!
Can you believe it?!

Cutting 10 inches off your hair a month before the wedding???? You crazy!!! lol I would never dare. hahaha
Have you cut it short before? I assume as someone with long hair also, you've had it long for awhile?? This just makes me scared and it's not even my own hair!! lol Although locks of love is a great cause!

The FG dress can't be cut because of CATS? Seriously?! man oh man. The clock is so cute!!

Sorry I've been bad about posting! I promise I've been busy!

:dance3:

My hair's pretty much down to my waist right now and I CAN'T STAND IT! It'll wind up being a bit past my shoulders, which is what I prefer. I just like it longer for the winter, for the extra warmth. ;) Then at some point I decided I might as well donate for a third time. And I still don't even know what I'm doing with my hair for the wedding. :rolleyes1

We have to by the house again today (Doug's been trying to fix transfer the stuff on their seven year old computer onto the new one that he built), so maybe there's been progress. At the very least, there'll be FIVE people in the house at the time to "watch the cats". :laughing:

And no worries, my dear! :hug:

I used to have hair down to my butt & I've donated to Locks of Love twice! My hair is about waist length too and I'M SO TIRED OF THIS LONG HAIR, but my hearts set on having princess hair for the wedding & I am chopping it all off the day after the wedding (DF approved of course) =P I REALLY don't want to hair long hair in FL in May.. & I'm part Native American (don't let my ghost-white skin fool you, my father is pretty dark actually) & so my hair is dark, THICK, and grows super fast, so I totally know what you're thinking @ the cutting thing >_< At work people call me Pocahontas because I always wear my hair in a long braid to keep it out of the way :rotfl:

I'm FINALLY updating later tonight, so I'll put pics up of my bride hanger! So check it out this weekend sometime! I also hope your FMIL finishes the FG dress, cats are an excuse! =P

Yay for surprise money and a surprise gift! That clock is really cute. You are so close now, less than a month to go. How exciting!

Glad you bought some stuff for yourself! :banana: I am like Jackie and have no problem doing that for the most part. We would be glad to tutor you.

Yay on the hanger. That is great news.

It's probably a good call to go back on the meds. If it makes you feel, even a bit better before the wedding then that's a good thing. My rhuematologist suggested last Friday that I think about switching meds, but I am going to ride it out a bit. Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

So, we're 24 days out, and right now, I think I've reached a sort of zen point. FINALLY! After days and days of stressing over stuff!

On today's to-do list:

-Call MEARS and set up transportation for my parents and aunt and uncle to get to/from CB to Chef Mickey's. Also get transportation to get Seth, Vicky, and the kids from Pop to CB the morning of the wedding, that way they won't have to deal with the bus system in addition to carrying stuff and what not.

-Get transportation to the airport for the Friday for the six of us, and then for my parents and aunt and uncle on the Sunday. (My parents will pick us up when we get back, so that saves some money.)

-Type up itineraries for Vicky and Doug's family. Though if this doesn't all get done today, it's alright.

-----
I'm STILL waiting to hear back from Rev. Tim. I'm really not pleased about this. It's been nearly two weeks. What the duck.

Since we have Randy as our photographer for the wedding, we still have two hours available to use for what I'm referring to as a 'Honeymoon Shoot', which I need to schedule soon. Any suggestions as to which resort?

Other than that, I think I'm okay. Finally. :laughing:

Now, if we could just get my chin to stop breaking out as though I were 15 again, it would be fantastic. ;)

I can't believe how close your wedding day is getting!! I'm sorry to hear about your Rev, I can only imagine how stressful that is, but I'm glad you're in a good place overall. (Where is my "zen"emoticon?!)
Just a side note, I donate my hair too! :hug: I have for years! I used to donate to locks of love until I found out they make their patients pay for the wigs and they make a profit doing it! :eek:
I now donate to Pantiene Beautiful Lengths. I had JUST donated when Charles proposed. After the initial shock that he was actually proposing, I was kinda bummed. I wanted long hair when I got married and it wasn't going to have time to grow back! :rotfl: How material am I!?
Anyway, I'm glad to see you and other people donate too! YAY for us!
I hope you're making headway on your "to-do's"!
I'm getting excited for you! :cheer2:

YAY fifteen days!!!

As for transportation--- would it be easier just to give them a $20 and have them take a cab? There are ALWAYS cabs just chillin' in front of the resorts in the morning. Just a thought!

Ummmss what the heck, Rev Tim.

And as for the honeymoon shoot, hmmmm. Good question. What are you going to wear?? I think the Poly is a good location. :goodvibes

I'm STILL waiting to hear back from Rev. Tim. I'm really not pleased about this. It's been nearly two weeks. What the duck.

Whaaat? D< WTH! :confused: Email again! I need to email him again soon so figure out the fine details of our ceremony.. I hope he gets back to us in a timely manner...

Now, if we could just get my chin to stop breaking out as though I were 15 again, it would be fantastic. ;)

SAME! :lmao: My chin is full of blackheads.. They are being pesky & won't go away! :headache: I'm about to go back to proactiv or find some blackhead OTC stuff..

Just a side note, I donate my hair too! :hug: I have for years! I used to donate to locks of love until I found out they make their patients pay for the wigs and they make a profit doing it! :eek: I now donate to Pantiene Beautiful Lengths.

WHAT?! :mad: I am shocked! I didn't know that! Good to know there is a different company who gives away for free (which is why I donated to begin with)...

Joining in! I actually thought I did this a few days ago, but oh well.

You're less than a month out! I'm so happy you're reaching a zen point right now rather than freaking out at any last minute details. You're a prepared bride :)

Can't wait to hear about the next few weeks leading up to the big day! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter