Kouzzina's on Dining Plan

lizzytizzy

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I just made my reservations for Kouzzina's. Has anybody been there yet under the dining plan? If so, how was your experience?

Thanks!

:dance3::banana::santa:

Hi!

I just made my reservations for Kouzzina's. Has anybody been there yet under the dining plan? If so, how was your experience?

Thanks!

:dance3::banana::santa:

I hope you'll get a lot of answers, I'm going in Oct. and am looking forward to hearing about it. Thank you for posting this.

in that posted thread (THANKS COPPERBRICK!!!) i saw that it is indeed on the DDP for 1TS... i am changing my mama melrose to kouzzina for sure!!! besides, the boat ride will be a nice break...

in that posted thread (THANKS COPPERBRICK!!!) i saw that it is indeed on the DDP for 1TS... i am changing my mama melrose to kouzzina for sure!!! besides, the boat ride will be a nice break...

Thank you for reminding me about the boat ride! We're at Animal Kingdom and I ALWAYS forget about the boats from Epcot and Hollywood Studios. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :yay:

I am so excited about trying this restaurant. I LOVE calamari and really want to try that dish. I'm gluten-free, and the calamari is coated in rice flour, which I hope I probably can have, and I am very excited.

PS: Yes, can you believe 1 TSC????? I couldn't believe it. I'm actually thinkng about changing LeCellier to book a second night with the "Cat."

Thank you for reminding me about the boat ride! We're at Animal Kingdom and I ALWAYS forget about the boats from Epcot and Hollywood Studios. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :yay:

I am so excited about trying this restaurant. I LOVE calamari and really want to try that dish. I'm gluten-free, and the calamari is coated in rice flour, which I hope I probably can have, and I am very excited.

I am excited about trying this restaurant on my next trip to WDW and I too am gluten free! Would you mind posting how your gluten free meal was when you get back? :goodvibes

We just went to K Sept 17th on free dining. They had just "officially" opened that week, and our waitress was very excited to have been trained and sampled all the dishes when Kat Cora was there.

Our waitress was wonderful, took time and explained the dishes, offered suggestions, and was very attentive. We have never had an issue anytime using the DDp and this was no exception. We were treated well, and the food was delicious.

A side note which I found interesting. The family behind us also used the DDp, and had mentioned to my DH that they did not feel they had been treated "special" enough on the DDP. That makes me wonder if people are expecting more of a Dining Plan than is reasonable. We use it as a money saving and conveince tool, and have always found staff very friendly and helpful. But I don't know that I expect to be treated "special". It is ALWAYS magical!:wizard:

we were there over Labor Day weekend, and the experience was not a good one. Food was mediocre-to-just-OK. Service was the worst we've ever experienced...

We're hoping it was just a matter of still-working-out-the-glitches, but since a lot of the people there are the same employees that worked Spoodles, you'd think there would be less glitches.

here's the link to my review, with pictures...scroll down the page for the Kouzzina review:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2255028&page=4

We were there Sept.20 & did not care for it. I had the flank steak & it was so salty that I could not eat it. DH liked the Fisherman's Stew a lot. Our service was slow, but not too bad. They did try to give me another entree, but by that time I did not want one. The server did not check back soon enough to correct the problem in a timely manner. The potatoes were very tasty & we did enjoy the baclava. It really depends on personal taste.

Just got back and loved it! One of our favorites! I had the Flank Steak! Very seasoned and tasty! Couldn't stop! We all tried something different. We had awesome service! Mary Ann was our server and we had to stop comparing her the rest of the trip!! She was the best and we never, ever, at any restaurant felt like we were not treated the same just b/c we were on DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter