Kouzzina

MEGADAN

Nothing Beats Disney!
I had cancelled my Kouzzina reservations twice before it closed for rennovations. I was not just inspired by the menu and the poor reviews kept me from going. My DH and I gave it a try on January 15th, shortly after it had reopened. What a pleasant surprise! We really enjoyed our meal.
I had the Pomgrante speciality drink and my husband had one of the house chardonnays. The drink was plentiful and packed a spicy punch. I liked it. My husband didn't care too much for the Chardonnay but he enjoyed the Sauvignon Blanc.

For appetizers we ordered the Kouzzina sampler with the Chicken and Sesame Lamb Meatballs. The dish also included Olives, Hummus and pita bread. We enjoyed everything on the plate.
We also ordered the saganaki, which is basically fried cheese. I like all cheese and all things fried but in this case my DH also enjoyed it. Yes it is a little greasy but it is delicious and very filling.
We were stuffed by the time we finished with these appetizers. The server was attentive and didn't rush us. We had plenty of time to linger over the appetizers and drinks.

For dinner we decided to split the Kouzzina Trio. This is a tasting size portion of
Greek-style Lasagna, Char-grilled Lamb Burger, and Cinnamon-stewed Chicken with Orzo
We were too full to enjoy this but I tasted each of them and I enjoyed the lasagna and the Lamb Burger. The chicken was just okay, the cinnamon was a bit overpowering for me.

For dessert we shared the donuts which were deliciously light. I did not get to try the Godiva Martini, next time though!

We really enjoyed our dinner which we were not expecting. There were other things on the menu that I would like to try. We will be returning!

Good to hear! I just made ADRs for July for myself, my sister, and my 3 girls. We are all big Greek eaters (our favorite restaurant is Lola's in Seattle). I do need to contact them about gluten free (probably not a big deal) and dairy free (for my youngest -- but as long as you give her lots of olives she is happy).

We are doing this on the DDP and this will be an early dinner on the day we get there after coming off a 5 night Disney Dream cruise.

We tried Kouzzina in Aug. and really loved it. My husband says it was his favorite meal of the trip and my 9 year old asks when we are going to eat there again. We found the food to be very good and the service was just awesome! Great staff that really made you feel welcome. It is definitely on our short list! I am hoping to try their breakfast on our next trip down. :thumbsup2

My husband had the Fisherman's Stew and I had the Cinnamon stewed chicken. We would both order them again. They were great about accommodating the kids. We tried the doughnuts for dessert and we were fighting over who got the last one - YUMMY!

I tried Kouzzina for the first time on my 2009 trip and absolutely fell in love with it. Unfortunately, this past year it was closed for renovations.

This year, I tried Sanaa for the first time instead. That is the only place, IMHO, on-site that slightly edged out Kouzzina for the quality of food and service.

I loved Kouzzina. So glad to hear you did too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter