• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kona vs Ohana

Rubbertops

DIS Veteran
Which one should we go to for dinner? I originally thought Ohana since I have young kids (3 and 7) but I have heard such good reviews of Kona. I am not sure that the kids would enjoy the food at Ohana. Is it not to be missed? Pls give me your opinion.

Well I just love 'Ohana, my kids 11 & 8 loved it too. If they like Steak, Turkey, Sausage & wings they should like it. We did have some friends dining with us though, & their kids ordered PB & J sandwiches. I am not sure what else you can order, but they did not have to eat what we were eating. Now I do love Kona as well. Kona has really good food, & my kids like the food there as well. You can not lose with either.

Rubbertops said:
Which one should we go to for dinner? I originally thought Ohana since I have young kids (3 and 7) but I have heard such good reviews of Kona. I am not sure that the kids would enjoy the food at Ohana. Is it not to be missed? Pls give me your opinion.

Haven't tried 'Ohanas yet (we have ADR for our first dinner when we're at WDW next week), but thought I read on these boards that they allow kids to order off the Kona menu. I'll report back after our trip, as DS8 and DD8 aren't big meat eaters, definitely not sausage or spicy wings.

We prefer 'Ohana over Kona by a long shot. DS loves the coconut races and is disappointed anytime we go to the Poly and don't eat there.

PolyHereWeCome said:
Haven't tried 'Ohanas yet (we have ADR for our first dinner when we're at WDW next week), but thought I read on these boards that they allow kids to order off the Kona menu. I'll report back after our trip, as DS8 and DD8 aren't big meat eaters, definitely not sausage or spicy wings.
The wings are not spicy at either Ohanas or Konas.

PolyHereWeCome said:
We made are ADR yesterday for 'Ohana in November. I've read the same, that kids can order from Kona menu but you do pay the 'Ohana price.

I think that with kids, Ohana is a better choice. I think Kona's food is a tad more sophisticated and you'll get a more "family" experience at Ohana. The atmosphere at Kona is more cafe than family place.

That said, my kids would take Kona over Ohana any day!

:thumbsup2

O'hanas will be much more fun for your kids, it is a dining "experience" with entertainment and games rather then just eating a meal.

Good luck, OP, sounds like whichever you choose will be good. We didn't want to have to choose so we've made ADRs for BOTH 'Ohanas and Kona -- we're looking forward to both and they'll be convenient since we are staying at the Poly. :wizard:

So if I want good food, go to Kona.
But for atmosphere go to Ohana for the kids.

I guess I know what I have to do.....
It's all about the kids!
I hope they love it!

Thanks for your help.

Rubbertops said:
So if I want good food, go to Kona.
But for atmosphere go to Ohana for the kids.

I guess I know what I have to do.....
It's all about the kids!
I hope they love it!

Thanks for your help.
You are soooo right! It's all about the kids!
Have fun! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter