Kona sushi bar?

sto6917

"If only I had not accepted that invitation to din
How is the sushi bar at Kona? How does it compare to California Grill Sushi?

I have never had the Sushi at the California Grill, however I have been to the Kona Island Sushi Bar a few times and each time it was great. So I think their Sushi tastes great.

Here's another partial answer: I've had sushi at CG but not at the Kona bar.
I thought the CG sushi was good, but I've had better(not at WDW).:earsboy:
Hopefully someone who has had both will weigh-in now.:)

We've eaten both, not on the same trip though. We enjoyed both places.

At Kona, we had sushi as an appetizer and were breaking in our DD's to sushi (they both liked it!). IIRC, we had the Dragon Hand, Shrimp Tempura and Kona Crab Cake rolls. They were excellent. We ate them at the sushi bar while waiting for our table and paid separately for them before going into Kona.

At the California Grill, we had the Snake in the Grass as an appetizer to our meal. Again, the sushi was excellent.

I would say there isn't a discernible difference in the quality of the sushi itself. The main difference is the atmosphere and the plating, with the CG being more upscale obviously.

I don't think you'll be disappointed! We weren't! :cloud9:

To throw another monkey wrench into the works, I've had sushi at California Grill, Kona, and Tokyo Dining. Although I really loved all three, my favorite was at Tokyo Dining.:rotfl: My husband preferred the sushi at California Grill though, just because he loved the Spicy Kazan roll.

Kona sushi and CG sushi are of similar quality. Both solid. CG is more artistic and elaborate. And the setting and view make it taste better. ;)

As PP notes: Tokyo Dining sushi is very good.

I'll add that: Kimonos sushi is awesome.

Yet another dissimilar opinion:
I had sushi at both Kona and CA Grill 2 weeks ago and while both were OK, I liked CA Grill a bit better. I didn't think either place had really fantastic/memorable sushi.
I later ate at Kimonos that trip and thought their fish was significantly better and that meal seemed like the best value (although most expensive).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter