Kona Question

LAS321

When you wish upon a star...
I have been checking menus as I tweak my ADRs and noticed that Kona has a lot more items on their lunch menu than the dinner menu. I'm wondering if I can order one of the lunch entrees at 5:30 when we have a reservation. Has anyone eaten there recently?
Thank you!!

We are big fans of Kona but always for breakfast. I highly doubt that you would be able to order a lunch item at dinner. The kitchen would have already set up for dinner and all the ingredients for lunch would no longer be available for them to use. I guess that if the two menu items are similar there is a chance they could help you though.

There are only a handful of WDW restaurants that have separate Lunch and Dinner menus, but the answer is usually no, you can't order from the Lunch menu at Dinner. As OKW Lover notes, the kitchens are assembly lines and the service stations are setup per menu.

Most off-menu accommodations are done between lounges and/or restaurants that share a kitchen (like how people can order some 'Ohana items off-menu at the Tambu Lounge), but it has to be something that is currently available from the shared kitchen.

Last edited:

I have been checking menus as I tweak my ADRs and noticed that Kona has a lot more items on their lunch menu than the dinner menu. I'm wondering if I can order one of the lunch entrees at 5:30 when we have a reservation. Has anyone eaten there recently?
Thank you!!
The last three Disney trips we had dinner at Kona and they were amazing! Those three trips were in March, May and July. We love the lunch menu and were able to order at dinner. Amazing service, very accommodating. We were there for a 4th time in December and expected the same thing but were very disappointed. Our server wouldn't even ask and just told us no. She should have faked an attempt and at least lied to us when she got back. So after she just flat out said no we had to revisit the menu. She said she'd give us a minute but it was really fifteen. Her service was slow all night.

My son ordered a steak because it was the only thing he liked on the dinner menu. Ordered medium rare, came out well done. My wife and I weren't happy with our choices either. Didn't even bother to question after the lousy service we got that night, just made the best of it and got out. Will likely never go back, it's unfortunate, was one of our favorite stops! If we could verify before we made the reservation it would be one thing but I hate to chance it again.

We ate dinner at Kona Cafe last week. My daughter wanted the noodle dish from the lunch menu and they accomodated! I wish they offered it on the dinner menu, noodles can definitely be for dinner as well!

We ate dinner at Kona Cafe last week. My daughter wanted the noodle dish from the lunch menu and they accomodated! I wish they offered it on the dinner menu, noodles can definitely be for dinner as well!
That’s great! That’s what we’ve always done. It was one of our favorite places and dishes. Our server was terrible and ruined the restaurant for us by refusing to check. She didn’t seem like she cared to be at work that evening. Everyone has good days and bad days but for what a trip costs the experience should be a good one. We will likely try again in February or just do a lunch to be safe but I’m still a bit bitter 😉

I am just back and wanted to update you all. I asked our server about noodle dishes or a vegetarian menu. She just pointed to what was on the regular menu. I asked about the lunch menu and she pointed to the dinner menu. I will say I heard the server with the table next to us offering noodle dishes from the lunch menu so I think it just depends on the server.

I am just back and wanted to update you all. I asked our server about noodle dishes or a vegetarian menu. She just pointed to what was on the regular menu. I asked about the lunch menu and she pointed to the dinner menu. I will say I heard the server with the table next to us offering noodle dishes from the lunch menu so I think it just depends on the server.
Wow! I'd ask to speak to a chef in the case a vegetarian menu. So often they have one offering and a 8/10 times it sounds horrible. If the server refused, I'd ask for the manager. Not right that you're spending $$$ to eat at these places and offered poor service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter