Kona or Whispering Canyon?

decker96

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide between the two of these for dinner on our MK day. We've been to Ohana twice and have done CRT and CP, so we wanted to try something else. I've looked at the menus for both and there are things at both places we would all like. We've stayed at the Poly twice, so we're familiar with that resort, but have never been to WL before. My oldest DD is somewhat shy and is in the jr. high-don't embarrass me-don't be lame stage, :laughing: which would be my only hesitation about WCC. Which would you choose?

I like both places. My choice for dinner with kids would be WCC and without kids Kona Cafe. Since you've never been to WL, go check it out. I stayed at VWL in May for the first time and loved it. It's so beautiful and relaxing. You forget that you are at Disney walking around WL. Your Jr. High daughter will be fine - the other kids will enjoy it.

My oldest DD is somewhat shy and is in the jr. high-don't embarrass me-don't be lame stage, :laughing: which would be my only hesitation about WCC. Which would you choose?

My middle DD is like this and my other two DDs were really egging our server on and our middle DD had a fit. It was rather embarrassing.

We prefer the food at Kona to WCC anyway. The Teriyaki Steak and Coconut-crusted Chicken are always good. We had the skillet at WCC and didn't really like it, but DH had a pasta entree which was quite good. If you do decide on WCC my recommendation would be that you order from the menu as opposed to the skillet.

My husband and I, no children ate at both Kona (dinner) and WCC (lunch) on our trip Dec. 08. Kona was hands down the winner in both service and food quality. Whatever you decide enjoy your trip.

I would pick Kona every single time. It's one of the few restaurants we return to year after year after year. The Mahi Mahi is absolutely wonderful.

If I ever return to Whispering Canyon again, I will NOT be ordering the skillet. Everything on it was way too tough and dried out like it had been sitting around for days. I would order something else off the menu so I have a better chance of getting something freshly prepared.

... Which would you choose?
We have dined at both and out of these two we only return back to Kona. If you are looking for quality with pretty consistent service I would recommend Kona. It is also a great place to consider for lunch too.

DH says, no doubt in his mind, he would choose Kona. I guess I would too although I really liked WCC.

My husband felt very uncomfortable at WCC-that takes the fun out of it for everyone. Food is great at Kona

Thanks everyone! I think we will probably end up at Kona, as I do like their menu better. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter