• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kona or Olivia's Cafe or Breakfast?

jojomoore

DIS Veteran
Our dining party includes me, DH, DD (16), DDBFF (15). This is our 5th trip to WDW with the last one in 2013. We will be traveling the last week of December and staying at the Beach Club Resort. We usually travel during Thanksgiving week but decided to change it up a little this year. Our breakfast reservations include three breakfast character meals - Crystal Palace breakfast on MK Day (which is our family tradition), Cafe May Cafe on our non park day (which is located at the BC - love the variety) and 1900 Fare :santa:on our second MK day (which will be new to us and even though some of the characters are the same as CP, we decided to go in order soak up the Christmas spirit and atmosphere of the Grand Floridian). We are early risers and breakfast eaters and would like to add one more breakfast meal to our dining plans. The Kona Cafe and Olivia's Cafe both have menus that appeal to us all as a family. We have never eaten at either one and would be grateful for any opinions or experiences you have. Thanks in advance. :thanks:

Also, Our CP reservation is for 7:10 am. In the past the earliest reservation we could get for CP was 8:05 am. The posted park hours for this day are for 9:00 am.? At first I thought great :idea: we will have plenty of time to eat and be in the park at opening. But yesterday I read information indicating that during these insanely busy days around Christmas, WDW adds additional previously not posted EMH hours and opens at 7 am. So I am worried about my touring plans. Has any one else had experiences traveling at this time and know if MK has opened at 7 am during the week after Christmas. All in all, we are a pretty laid back about crowds (its the summer heat we can not handle).We also enjoy the dining experiences (teenagers love to eat) and atmosphere of WDW resort as much as the rides but if the park opens at 7 we may have to change our minds about eating at CP and just hit the attractions and skip out on our tradition:upsidedow

We've never been to olivia's, but we loved our breakfast there in September. Tonga toast is awesome, and the kids loved their goofy toast, (a egg fried in the middle of a piece of toast).

I honestly couldn't choose between the 2- we always do both since we enjoy them both so much!

Our dining party includes me, DH, DD (16), DDBFF (15). This is our 5th trip to WDW with the last one in 2013. We will be traveling the last week of December and staying at the Beach Club Resort. We usually travel during Thanksgiving week but decided to change it up a little this year. Our breakfast reservations include three breakfast character meals - Crystal Palace breakfast on MK Day (which is our family tradition), Cafe May Cafe on our non park day (which is located at the BC - love the variety) and 1900 Fare :santa:on our second MK day (which will be new to us and even though some of the characters are the same as CP, we decided to go in order soak up the Christmas spirit and atmosphere of the Grand Floridian). We are early risers and breakfast eaters and would like to add one more breakfast meal to our dining plans. The Kona Cafe and Olivia's Cafe both have menus that appeal to us all as a family. We have never eaten at either one and would be grateful for any opinions or experiences you have. Thanks in advance. :thanks:

Also, Our CP reservation is for 7:10 am. In the past the earliest reservation we could get for CP was 8:05 am. The posted park hours for this day are for 9:00 am.? At first I thought great :idea: we will have plenty of time to eat and be in the park at opening. But yesterday I read information indicating that during these insanely busy days around Christmas, WDW adds additional previously not posted EMH hours and opens at 7 am. So I am worried about my touring plans. Has any one else had experiences traveling at this time and know if MK has opened at 7 am during the week after Christmas. All in all, we are a pretty laid back about crowds (its the summer heat we can not handle).We also enjoy the dining experiences (teenagers love to eat) and atmosphere of WDW resort as much as the rides but if the park opens at 7 we may have to change our minds about eating at CP and just hit the attractions and skip out on our tradition:upsidedow

I think you should plan on the MK opening at 7 AM the week between Christmas and New Years. It did every day last year. This is why CP has added extra breakfast hours. People end up here on the DIS complaining loudly that their pre park opening ADR's got messed up. It always happens
Good Luck

We like them both, but if I had to choose between the 2, I would go with Kona just for the more unique flavors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter