Kona or Ohana

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Duchess_99, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Duchess_99

Duchess_99 Earning My Ears

I really want to spend an evening at the Polynesian followed by drinks on the beach to watch Wishes, but I can't decide between Ohana & Kona. It will just be me and my husband. Thoughts? What would you do?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dad4dis

dad4dis Mouseketeer

If you want a quieter dinner I would go to Kona. It has great food and nice atmosphere. Ohana also has good food but there is alot going on in the restaurant.

4. jacksmom

jacksmom DIS Veteran

We enjoy the food at Kona a lot more, though Ohanas is fun! :rotfl:

5. Cookie Princess

Cookie Princess DIS Veteran

If you are looking for a nice evening with just your spouse, I would suggest Kona. O'hana is fun, but loud. It is popular with families because of the games they play with the kids such as the coconut races, hoola-hoop contests, etc.

6. Meg1884

Meg1884 Mouseketeer

While 'Ohana is fun and has a great view of the Magic Kingdom I think Kona is the better bet. It's quiet and there aren't as many kids running around there.

7. elizabethswan

elizabethswan DIS Veteran

i would vote for kona. we just went to ohana's for dinner. i was looking forward to that dinner more than any other. we were all disappointed. the same thing happened for ohana breakfast on this trip. our experiences with kona have been far better and more consistently good. just another opinion!

8. CanadianPaco

CanadianPaco I miss my tags!

Friends of ours ate at Kona last year for a quiet dinner away from the kids and LOVED it. Fantastic food and nice enough atmosphere!:wizard:

9. beroh2253

beroh2253 Love Dixie Landings(POR)

I agree with all above 'Ohana is not a quite place and is more like a party, last October we went with wife, sister, BIL and SIL and had a great time cause there were a bunch of us and at 'Ohana you can eat many different things, lots of grilled meats. Now if it was just ME and DW I would go to Kona and have a more quiet meal and the food quality there is great. And yes we headed to the bar by the beach at Poly to watch Wishes and the Water Parade of lights(forget what that is called) after the meal. If you choose Ohana get an ADR asap this place is as hard to get an ADR as Le Cellier.

10. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

I have eaten at both and found Ohana to be amazing compared to Kona. The service and atomosphere of Ohana is not to be missed IMO. I also love watching Wishes as we eat.

11. Desnik

Desnik <font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann

KONA!!! We love it and make it a point to eat there on every trip. The food has never disappointed us! We gave Ohana 3 tries and only liked it the very first time years ago when they had a different menu.

12. MrsLS

MrsLS DIS Veteran

Kona cafe is much better. We didn't like ohanas and we are 2 adults. But it was the food we didn't like, not the atmosphere. The bar outside Ohanas was good.

13. Duchess_99

Duchess_99 Earning My Ears

Wow, it looks like Kona wins hands down! Thanks everyone for the tips :)

14. SheenaXena21

SheenaXena21 DIS Veteran

If it's just you an your husband.... KONA!!!!

`Ohana is good... but it's ALOT of food for 2 people.