Kona or LeCellier

absmom2

Mouseketeer
We currently have a dining reservation for Lecellier on our last day but would also really like to try Kona. We have never been to either. With the character meals the kids are requesting, there isn't room in our schedule to try both so we must decide on one or the other. Which one would you choose??

TIA

I've never been to Kona, but I love Le Cellier. It is one of my favorite places to eat anywhere. I would like to eat at Kona myself, sometime, but not at the expense of Le Cellier.

Kona was OK and we would go back if we happened to be at the Polynesian or wanted a meal on our way to an evening at the MK or even a meal to leave the park and return from.

But it in no way compares to Le Cellier! No contest between the two at my house. We'd all choose Le Cellier over Kona in a heartbeat!

I haven't tried Kona yet (will be in September) but I would choose Le Cellier over some of the two table service credits, that's how highly I rate it. :thumbsup2

I will be the minority here but I think Le Cellier is completely over rated and over priced. I think Kona, especially at lunch, gives you better food and larger portions.

Restaurants are completely subjective so it depends on what you like. Go to wdwinfo.com or allears.net and check out the menus and go where you think the better food or value is.

I vote Le Cellier, hands down. While the food at Kona is certainly good, I'm not a big fan of the restaurant itself. It's small and the whole front wall is open, so people walking through the hotel are walking right past you and you can see the gift shop, etc. from many tables. The location looks more suited for a quick service snack place then a sit-down restaurant. For the last meal of a trip I, personally, would prefer to be somewhere a little more themed and different- Le Celier is it's own, free standing restaurant and the entire area is themed to be like a castle cellar. IMHO it's a little more exciting and unique, and the food is DELICIOUS!

Thank you all for your replies. It seems most everyone agrees that Lecellier is best. That is what we currently have reserved for our last day. Being the over planner that I am, I began to rethink my decision and needed all of you to reassure me that I made the right decision.

Thank you, thank you, thank you:worship: I know I can always count on all of you with so much more experience to help!

Kona for sure!!!!! Le celler service is horrible food ok but service stinks

I'd also lean towards Kona. We've never eaten there and it's always seemed interesting.

We did eat at LC over our honeymoon. We found the meat mediocre and disappointing, while the sides, appetizers, breads, and dessert were all good to excellent. Unfortunately, that's not enough to compensate for the lacking entrees...which is a shame since the beer cheese soup is awesome.

I used to be on the Le Cellier kick but after trying more Disney restaurants, I'm over Le Cellier.

So I say try Kona. I love the food there, and the desserst. The tuna steak is good, and so was the steak I had there.

Even though we've never eaten at Kona LOL! We love LeCellier. Unfortunately for our trip this year I called to make my ADRs a bit late and we were shut out of LC:mad: I could not believe that they did not have a single opening on any of the 4 nights we are there! Oct 12-15. I definately learned my lesson on calling right at the 90 day mark.

So if anyone has ressies for any of the aforementioned nights and wants to cancel?

I love Kona, but Le Cellier is a place I have to eat at every trip. I've always been lucky enough to get an ADR. No way would I trade it for Konas. In fact, for my upcoming Sept trip I have two ADRs (lunch and dinner) for Le Cellier, but decided to skip Konas entirely this trip. Konas is good, but it is not Le Cellier.

How funny this thread should come up, because I was just thinking this morning about what my favorite 3 restaurants at WDW are. As it so happens, Le Cellier and Kona Cafe are my top 2.

If I had to pick just one, I would probably give Le Cellier the slight edge. However, I really very much enjoy Kona Cafe. I love their entrees, and I like soaking up the atmosphere at the Polynesian.

So really, I think you can't go wrong with either one.

Even though we've never eaten at Kona LOL! We love LeCellier. Unfortunately for our trip this year I called to make my ADRs a bit late and we were shut out of LC:mad: I could not believe that they did not have a single opening on any of the 4 nights we are there! Oct 12-15. I definately learned my lesson on calling right at the 90 day mark.

So if anyone has ressies for any of the aforementioned nights and wants to cancel?

KEEP TRYING!!! I just posted a thread "my balance has been retored all is right in the workd now" because I had the SAME issue but yesterday at 58 days out I scored my choice of times/dates for Le Cellier after trying for months!

Do not give up!

And OP---I think you are making the right choice. My vote obviously goes to Le Cellier. It is a tradition for us and if you scored ADRs for it, don't let it go easily. JMO :)

Based on my experience (and many others), you really should keep checking. It looks like LC may be open for more reservations later on. I couldn't find any availability for LC a couple of weeks ago, but this week there were openings for nearly every day of our trip, at various times each day.

We are planning on doing both LC and Kona this year. I've only been to LC once before and didn't really see what all the hype was about. I really do want to give it another shot, though, so we're going during Free Dining. I had a similar problem making choices, but decided that we would go to Kona for an OOP breakfast one day. I know the portions are huge, so the kids and I are planning on getting the Tonga Toast and the Pineapple Macadamia Pancakes to share. We may have to go there on our next trip for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter