Kona KoKo Puffs?

KelliR

<font color=009900>Baton Coach, Seinfeld Addict, S
Are the KoKo Puffs still available at Kona? I noticed on Deb WIlls site they wer not listed on the lunch or dinner menu. If they don't have them anymore I will really miss them! :sad1:

We ate at Kona this week and our server informed us that KoKo puffs are no longer on the menu. She was, however, able to bring us out a dish of them saying that "the chef had made them special request for someone earlier", or something to that effect. She was a little quick and evasive when I asked if they are not available at all anymore. They are now touting the Kilauea Torte as their "signature" dessert.

I have read that other people have been able to order Koko Puffs when requested recently. :confused3 Give it a shot and ask for them when you dine there! We did and lucked out. :)

LOL! I just posted a reply to your question on someone's dining review thread! I should have looked to see if you had started a new thread for it first.

DD and I had her birthday breakfast at Kona this summer, and they brought her one koko puff with "Happy Birthday" on the plate. Our server mentioned that this is now the only way to get this dessert. We ate at Kona for lunch a couple of days later and were talking with another server about the items we loved that were no longer available - koko puffs being one of them. She stated that you could still request them, although they are not on the menu. We were too full to eat dessert, so we didn't get to take her up on that offer!*sob*

Which of the two responses is correct? From Pau's post, it would seem that they are, for now, still taking requests for this dessert. I hope they either continue to take requests, or put it back on the menu!

My explanation may not do them justice but ... they are little cream puff balls filled with a peanut butter mixture, then piled high on the plate and drizzled over with chocolate. Really delicious cocolate too! :goodvibes

How did I do ... I know I left something out? The first time I saw them I didn't think they could be that good ... but with the 1st taste ... I was hooked!

I am normally not a fanatic ... but the loss of KoKo Puffs may force me to start a letter writing campaign!

Thanks for letting me know..as far as doing justice to the description, I'd say that since my tongue is on the floor and I'm salivating heavily, your description was pretty good :rotfl2: Sound absolutely delicious..I will request them and let you know how it goes. :wave2:

We have friends that live in the area who have been able to "special order" KoKo puffs twice since they disappeared from the menu. Who knows how long this will be the case, but maybe if enough people keep ordering them they will come back on the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter